Idea for a new poker variant.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was playing 5 carddraw today, and I thought that this modality was already more popular, however it is a game with little information which can make it very difficult.
I don't think nowadays they even offer this modality for money, not even on poker stars.
So I thought that maybe if I did a 5 card draw Hi low it would reduce the aggressiveness of this game a little, with more pot divisions, it would be a little lighter, and it would also be another modality to add in mixed games.

rhoudini

rhoudini

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
pokerstars offers 5-card draw cash games and tournaments. You can play there if you`re allowed.

I believe that a hi-lo version of a 5-card draw game would be not good in long term, because usually you would be going only for high or only for low. The only exception would be a low straight flush draw, like 5432x of same suit.
But in hi-lo games, it is very important to be able to scoop the pot (or at least get 3/4 of it), that`s where the money comes from in hi-lo games. You don`t want to be splitting pots all the time (specially when playing cash games, because of the rake). Also, consider that it is much easier to make a low in a 5-card draw game.

If you want to try a low version, come and try some 2-7 Single or 2-7 Triple Draw, certainly you will find a lot of fun in them, and they are also very challenging. 2-7 Single is considered by many the purest form of poker because of its dynamics.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think maybe you haven't thought more deeply about how the dynamics would work.

rhoudini

rhoudini

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
You can expand it here so we can discuss. The game would be limit, no-limit or pot-limit? The best low would be 75432 or 5432A? Lows are 8-or-better or any low qualifies? What else should we consider? It is very difficult to have a high-low draw variant. Badeucy and Badacey are split-pot games, but split between 2-7 triple and badugi hands. And there is drawmaha that mixes 5-card draw and Omaha, but it is pretty chaotic in itself!!!

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
would be low from A to 5, so as there is only one draw, you would have to choose whether to play low or hi, according to the convenience of your starting hand, if it tends to be better for low or hi, that would involve more players in the hand, and it would also be possible to play with tables of up to 9 players. So the point about draws is resolved, because there will be more involvement.

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Awesome! U should send ur ideas to any pokersite. Im sure they cant wait to release another poular format.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Awesome! U should send ur ideas to any pokersite. Im sure they cant wait to release another poular format.
You are a good commentator too, you should have a radio show, or narrate basketball or poker tournaments, while players play and creators create:)

rhoudini

rhoudini

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
would be low from A to 5, so as there is only one draw, you would have to choose whether to play low or hi, according to the convenience of your starting hand, if it tends to be better for low or hi, that would involve more players in the hand, and it would also be possible to play with tables of up to 9 players. So the point about draws is resolved, because there will be more involvement.
9 players? But the deck only contains 52 cards. All draw games usually are played in 6-max tables, except for Badugi (8-max) and 2-7 Single Draw (7-max).

I also did not understand very well how the player chooses which to go for. He has to announce to the other players? Also, remember that in split-pot games, the lucrativity comes from scooping the pot. If I announce going for high or low, how could I scoop the pot?

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
9 players? But the deck only contains 52 cards. All draw games usually are played in 6-max tables, except for Badugi (8-max) and 2-7 Single Draw (7-max).

I also did not understand very well how the player chooses which to go for. He has to announce to the other players? Also, remember that in split-pot games, the lucrativity comes from scooping the pot. If I announce going for high or low, how could I scoop the pot?
true, 8 players . https://www.cardschat.com/forum/learning-poker-57/a-question-about-5-card-draw-539329/
No, nothing to announce my dear. I didn't mention anything about advertising, but rather the dynamics. I think it's pretty clear.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

But don't worry, you don't need to understand it for now, just someone who can do it in a room, once you're ready you can worry about learning.:)

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Leave out the river card and I would be as rich as Croesus! I actually thought about 6 cards in Holdem instead of the current 5 and how that would work out. Probably be a bit more random even than Omaha. Would be fun to see how it would work out.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
This game was played in the saloons of the Wild West and was one of the favorite pastimes of cowboys. Its popularity continued throughout the 20th century, but was eventually supplanted by stud and community card poker.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
All ideas are always welcome, only in favor of changes or a new version, congratulations on your idea, now let's go to initiative

seiya1989

seiya1989

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
In PS there are tournaments and 5-card cash tables. For me the game is perfect as it is. It would be very difficult to do it high and low just to make some people feel more comfortable playing it.