How much does your demeanor affect your play?

Falzee

Falzee

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
As you're getting ready to play in a tournament, are you actually prepared to focus on your game?
In my case, I'd say, approximately 50% of the time. The other 50% that tend to distract me are such things as personal issues of the day, cooking dinner, bathroom trips, kids,or my best issue..Dogs! The dogs usually chill mostly all day long, except when I'm playing Poker. Day or Night, it's either 'feed me', 'pet me' or 'I need to go out'.
Do these (or other) factors affect your game?

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
I used to be totally focused.

If I play some CC freeroll or VIP tournament now I almost always read or listen to other things online at the same time.

I'm 99.9% retired from poker.

That 0.1% is hard to get rid of.

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
This is my biggest dilemma in Poker. I rarely have the opportunity to concentrate. I have people at home who demand a lot from me. Children, elderly mother, wife. I rarely manage to have an ideal environment to play. And when I have it, I still have to deal with the psychological pressure of obtaining a satisfactory result, after all, if they left me alone to play, why didn't I win the tournament?
As if it were easy to win a tournament....

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
It doesn't affect me because I try to play only when I feel calm, there are things that happen in our lives that affect us to the point of being stressed but when this happens I avoid playing

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unless u live alone or play at night, there will always be some level of distractions. And you might want to focus on games, that require less time commitment than large field regular speed MTTs. Like cash games, SnGs or at most small field turbo MTTs.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I feed dogs and cats before play. And they live in my yard. So they never distract me. Other small reasons rarely bother me. It's another matter when the Internet or electricity goes out. Then you have to solve the problem in alternative ways. Either take a smartphone or start a generator.

M

martDdart

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
I play 50 minutes with a goal of 100% focus. I prepare before I start to play so I dont have any distractions.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
you should try not to be distracted by other things while playing poker because you lose concentration and then you can lose a big pot of poker and be angry that you were distracted by other things, it's better to do them before poker or during the break, but if you can't do it before then you need to make a move and then do the job you wanted to do it would be more correct

bablovod

bablovod

stupid parody of the game
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
I can't do anything in advance, sometimes I have to leave during a tournament, but there are two ACR and Red Star sites that have mobile Apps, I go to the phone. It's awkward and irritable. My head doesn't work, and almost every game that continues in the car doesn't make it home. :cry: :LOL:

Aleksandr1991

Aleksandr1991

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
There's always something to distract me from the game

R

rufininha14

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Certainly, I like to play focused and paying attention to the actions of other players, when I have a problem or stressed I prefer not to play because I think this ends up influencing the game.

romerim

romerim

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Generally I play a lot of tournaments at the same time, so if I'm winning in some, I relax in other tournaments, I think that affects me a lot.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
As you're getting ready to play in a tournament, are you actually prepared to focus on your game?
In my case, I'd say, approximately 50% of the time. The other 50% that tend to distract me are such things as personal issues of the day, cooking dinner, bathroom trips, kids,or my best issue..Dogs! The dogs usually chill mostly all day long, except when I'm playing Poker. Day or Night, it's either 'feed me', 'pet me' or 'I need to go out'.
Do these (or other) factors affect your game?

And this is why I mostly play the cash game tables instead of tournaments :(