How do you handle the pressure and bad streaks of online poker?

POKER_CHAMPION

POKER_CHAMPION

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
We all know that in online poker we face bad streaks which, if we are not mentally prepared, can affect us greatly. I'm interested in knowing how you manage these bad streaks and stay calm in the face of this and how you use the bad streaks to improve your game.
Greetings

PsychoVas

PsychoVas

What The Duck???
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I review my losing hands. The ones that I played wrong are a valuable lesson. The others when I got my chips right, are just bad luck and frustration. Shit happens.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
A negative attitude always generates only negative energy, which, like a battery, constantly recharges you with bad thoughts. It is extremely difficult to realize that complaints about the RNG, your opponents and anything else are completely meaningless, because this is the easiest way to calm yourself down.In moments of despair and complete powerlessness, you need to think about your attitude towards the game and life in general. If you can’t solve all your problems in one fell swoop, then you can find at least the main one and get rid of it.

Pabloro10321

Pabloro10321

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I'm looking for my mistake, if there isn't one then bad luck and start over. Lost hands only exist, there's no need to get upset about it.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I used to be very worried when I was a young poker player and started watching people who play very expensive tournaments drop out of expensive tournaments just like I lost and realized for myself that no matter how much money is on the line, you have to accept a bad poker outcome that you can lose at any time and don't worry about it, and after that moment I don't worry at all and close it when I lose poker and go on playing Of course, after losing, I watch me lose if I played poorly I try to play better in the future

AndyFio

AndyFio

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just take it easier, if I’m unlucky here, it means I’ll be lucky in some other situation, over the course everything will get better and luck and bad luck will come to zero

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Fortunately participating in CC freerolls is stress free. You play, you learn, you win and lose. Nothing to get upset over. It's free and entertaining. You can take it as serious as you wish.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Fortunately participating in CC freerolls is stress free. You play, you learn, you win and lose. Nothing to get upset over.
Tell that to my brain.

I tilt so hard even in these that I have to have the chat off, otherwise I would probably be banned.

Baoka

Baoka

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
Sometimes the pressure is too high, so you should stop playing for a short time

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
We all know that in online poker we face bad streaks which, if we are not mentally prepared, can affect us greatly. I'm interested in knowing how you manage these bad streaks and stay calm in the face of this and how you use the bad streaks to improve your game.
Greetings
I keep playing my Low Stake buy-ins and really don't care if I win or not, There are some that take it way too serious and cannot control their emotions, I remember one Streamer "Benjamin Spragg (Spraggy)" Who hit his monitor Live during streaming because he lost not only the game but also his Temper.
This is not the best look for a Professional Poker Player, If you cannot control your emotions when things get rough, you are playing the wrong Game.

LUKADONCICMVP

LUKADONCICMVP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
don´t depend on poker for living and u will be fine. don´t compare yourself to others

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
no pressure all, only if u play poker for a living

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I never get upset that it didn't turn out the way I wanted it to. I'm a little mad at myself for not learning to fold when I have to, not to call more than is convenient for the situation game. From all situations that are in some way irritating I have to learn or strengthen some convictions for strategy and for skill.
It's the easiest thing to go wrong, don't be upset about it, that's where the key lies.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bad bits are difficult for me to deal with, but with experience you understand that this is part of the game, without them poker would die, but still, to smooth out the variance you need to play a lot

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Having a proper bankroll and bankroll management plus experience. After so many years and bad beats you get use it and the variance. I also I think to myself every bad beat "holy hell did that dude play that hand just terrible"....which is exactly what I want every player to do against me. If they get lucky and suck out meh in the long run I'll easily win it back and plenty more.

I also have a heavy bag, speed bag and some weights. I also take my anger and frustration out on them lol.

Cheers!!!

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i just chalk it up to its poker, nothing more nothing less

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not very well, I do tilt, some say you are better off letting off steam and not bottling it all up.

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The first step is to understand that Poker has these moments.
I care about playing solidly and according to the strategy I set out to apply to my game. If things don't go the way I want, I have two paths:
- Accept the bad phase
- Review my playing style to see if I'm not doing something wrong.

I generally apply both paths. lol

ficticius

ficticius

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
EC
Chips
If you are playing correctly, you have to be patient. May the good results come

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I tale a brake of 2-3 days , maybe more , until I feel that I am conected or at least I am feeling good playing no matter if I lose or win :)

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Over the years I got used with that

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I think the longer you play the more you just get used to it, mastering your emotions is just part of the game. Taking a break and coming back fresh is also helpful 👍

M

martDdart

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
In my opinion: dont give up,keep going ,there are two outcomes in poker.Either you win or you learn .The only way to loose is to quit playing poker.Take a break for at least 10 minutes in total silence if you are on tilt,tired or in some other way out of focus and not bringing your A game to the table.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands