xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I never realized how dependent that a lot of have become on HUDs and other tools in our games. I know I am guilty of not taking quite the extensive notes that I once did since I started using PT4. But, last night I was playing on my laptop and couldn't get PT4 to run, so there I was, already stuck in a tournament with no HUD. I final tabled it! I didn't think about it until the next day because (humble brag) I do make a lot of deep runs in tournaments and am not an infrequent flyer to final tables. But I was thinking about it today and I realized how long it had been since I just sat and played online poker using my reads and taking notes and actually observing my opponents and then using their weaknesses to exploit them. I also thought about how long it had been since I just sat and played ONE table of poker instead of 3 or 4 at a time. I rather enjoyed it(even though if you read my other posts, I continue to lose flip after flip...have lost 6 in a row so far tonight...also still not using the HUD). So, I decided that I am just going to focus on playing solide fundamental poker, go back to taking good notes and observing my opponents instead of getting the info from the HUD and see where it takes me.

iceheart888

iceheart888

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
good choice, I made many bad decisions because I let myself be influenced by hud.