Why I folded AK pre-flop.....

A2345Razz

A2345Razz

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wait this is a cash game, wtf?

You could have explained the hand a lot differently in the OP OPoster.....jeez. I assume virtually everyone, like me, assumed this was a donkament spot.

Last edited:
R

RickAversion

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only post about cash games. 1/2NL

B

badalhoco345

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to bet, maybe 3 BB and see the reaction of the vilan: if he raises or goes all-in we should fould, if he checks it's not recomendable to bet again. You also need to pay attention to your stacks and vilan stacks.

T

Teofealter

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who cares what percentage of my stack it is?
I don't want to play coin flips, period.

If you don't want to play coin flips, then don't, period. It is safer that way.We know AK is a pretty vulnerable starting hand and it's a strong play to fold this cards when someone raised preflop.

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you don't want to play coin flips, then don't, period. It is safer that way.We know AK is a pretty vulnerable starting hand and it's a strong play to fold this cards when someone raised preflop.
Really? It strikes me as pretty timid.

babydrago9

babydrago9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only time you should really fold AK pre is if theres a lot of raises before you or if someones 3bet/5bet range is limited to AA/KK, otherwise you really can't. If you're playing that strategy, are you strictly only playing QQ+ to ensure you probably aren't getting it in 50/50?- it just makes you really exploitable.

rogerdelpk

rogerdelpk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in cash games i might fold ak sometimes, but in a tourney, not a chance.

N

nygmen2007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the situaton, but I would not fold this hand, because in tournaments yu will always have a race situation at one point. You have to win them at some point to get all the chips. I mean if there is massive action and you are near the bubble then maybe I fold, but almost any other situation I play and go with it.

Folding in Poker