Whats Your Strategy in Freerolls

Olegan163s

Olegan163s

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Such strategy. Play Large Live freerolls, go in with an all premium pairs and AK, AQ. More risks stuffed stack. Good luck!

Farseer

Farseer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on freeroll. Early I'll take gladly a flip with AQ as usually some opponents are going all-in with far worse hands. After ~80%-90% of field is eliminated I usually play loose-aggressive aiming to win lots of small pots vs. weak / tight players.

J

johnsonrod

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is the easiest question to answer in poker. You do not have to deal with theses players.If these players influence your poker decisions....then your not playing your game. If your not able to lose almost half the time with the better hand..then you should re-examine what you want to get out of the game to begin with

A

Ace362

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just started back up and had forgotten that in the early stages any pair is an all in for many and many times not even that much.

It really is 50% luck to make it through the all-in fest of the first half.

C

captainD

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold, fold , fold until your premium hands start showing. Play tight in the beginning. Once you doubled up and built enough of a stack to make the first break, then widen your range slightly.

C

chloebrand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have one several freerolls, I don't think ts any different from many other tournaments. you have to wait for your hands, be patient, and make them pay to play.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
patience is the ultimate requirement for freerolls...

I

ilostmysoul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Until the first break I will play very very tight and never make a stack decision unless I know I'm at least 65% ahead. When the donks leave and the antes rise, that's when the pots begin to be worth fighting for, so I wide my range and start playing more suited connectors, broadways, small pocket pairs, etc. From then on it's like any other tournament and I take bigger risks.

The next phase is the Bubble. Here it depends on the kind of freeroll. If it's a satellite that offers tickets to, say, the first 200 players, then I'll be conservative, avoid stack decisions, and play tight. As a short stack I'll wait for a big while unless I have a Premium hand. As a medium-stack I'll also only play Premium hands and avoid getting to much action. And as a big stack I'll wide some of my range, but it's still a very tight and passive kind of play. The goal is simply to get into that 200 field.

If the tournament offers money to a few entrants, then I'm much more aggressive. As a short stack I'll go all-in by the book, even if the hand isn't that big, as a medium stack I'll push short stacks around and take some risks, and as big stack I'll put as much pressure as I can on the short/medium stacks around me and be pretty aggressive with both good hands and bluffs.

That's if I REALLY REALLY want to win a freeroll. If I'm just "meh", I'll shove at the first chance I have and try to double up soon. If I go out, means nothing, and if I win, then I might consider getting concentrated on the tournament.

Good luck at the tables!!!

2easy4ninja

2easy4ninja

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How do you deal with that player that goes all-in preflop every hand, or that those players that chase every hand to the river.

hmm..
ofcourse fold if all table go all-in.
earlyEARLY you can try go all-in to with premium pair, but 23o > your QQ =))

fold, fold, fold. need wait middle game, or need table with normal players, not fishes

S

sachith

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
First few minutes of a free roll tourney!!

Say your in some good freeroll tourney and right at the beginning of the play everyone just goes crazy and go all in. So do you do what their doing or just sit back and wait for it to settle.

My aces have been cracked a few times so early in tourneys by some real cheap hands blindly hitting some crazy sh*t!:mad:

Experienced this? Wot do u think is the best ploy against it?:

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When players shove whole stack at early blinds, easy call with only top range 99+ AQ+ most of the time you will befar behind in freeroll.

cally

cally

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PATIENCE is key. Wait for that big hand early and don't be afraid to shove/call - most of the time (YOUR INSTICTS) Will take you to double, even triple your stack early. From there you can grind it out, playing premium hands. I find that when everyones near the 20k range in chips (usually top 1k ~less) you have amazing chances to double up and fold to the $$$ (or ticket in this case).

Serkish

Serkish

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold, fold , fold until your premium hands start showing. Play tight in the beginning. Once you doubled up and built enough of a stack to make the first break, then widen your range slightly.

exactly

ninpo

ninpo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
in freerolls i try to stay low in the first even if i have a moster hand

BabyJesus64

BabyJesus64

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the type of the tournament. If it's part of some league where you get minus points then only go all in with big pocket pairs or AK. Sometimes even 5-6 guys could be all in before you and it might be clever to fold any hand you have because there is always some lucky fish with 7 2 winning the hand.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I sit and suffer and suffer and suffer)))

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer the first 10 minutes to otsutstvuet))

J

johnsonrod

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"Say your in some good freeroll tourney". There's not many of those.
"or just sit back and wait until it settles down" You may be waiting a long time for that.
If you don't mind playing for hours with very little reward just play your normal game and hope for the best. If you're trying to win these freerolls you should be shipping all premium hands right along with the "crazies".
That's just my opinion because I can't spend hours on a freeroll to bust out with my premium hands on the bubble because those maniacs are still going to be there

B

Bogdan Adrian

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In fact, in most low stakes tournament it's better to just sit back and relax. Going all-in with aces with more than 1 opponent is risky as there are more chances that better hands are to be made

CSVidal

CSVidal

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hope always good hand at the beginning and always try to play in position. therefore, the very weak opponents and do not care just taking a bad log in first

K

K1CRA

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Push all-in or big bet before flop with big pairs or big suited cards, because so many fish players we have at the freerolls with small conectors who wants to play every pot ..

C

chronical

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no point in freerolls?

so...
for a while I've tried to beet the freerolls, and it's going nowhere.
the best strategy supposedly is TAG early to middle stages, middle a bit loosen (more connectors, high Ax) late stage mostly based on your stack size.
But for Gods sake its impossible!
If you take out the bad beats when you get AA and are getting called by 6 players and crazy blinds for 3-5 minutes
There is nothing to play.
You just have to hope for Q9o holding up as a top pair.
so your strategy pretty much is limp ALL the time you can in cheap pots and hope to flop flush/set/2 pairs....

It's a bit of a vent/rant thread, but do you have any suggestions?:mad:

P

pokeristas

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, I wait for about 5 minutes at the beginning, because there is no reason to play all-in's with unpredictable people. After that, it's time to go

Freeroll Passwords