What to do when motivation fails

sj_pi

sj_pi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1st, were do you want to be in you poker career? Do you play for fun? Do you play to beat a certain game? Do you play to one day become a pro?

IF your "WHY" you play poker is a strong "why" you will be driven to want to play. So figure out why you are really playing :)

This is close to what I wanted to comment but hesitated thinking that the OP might have just gone on tilt and hasn't taken a breather while on tilt to re-align the focus.

darkassassin89

darkassassin89

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is close to what I wanted to comment but hesitated thinking that the OP might have just gone on tilt and hasn't taken a breather while on tilt to re-align the focus.

Who has time to tilt! lol

D

DonkeyH3AD

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to play poker when You are enjoying if no give up this and come later becuse You can easy catch tilt, even in freeroll You play for something so think about award and be patient :)

ckickenking

ckickenking

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you will be motivated if your bankroll was hit really really hard. You want to get back some of it and in the process, you will become patient.
I don't know about that, its clearly the opposite. What you're talking about is a way to tilt. lol
The most common way is to lay off of poker until you get the urges to play again.

billy198702

billy198702

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know about that, its clearly the opposite. What you're talking about is a way to tilt. lol
The most common way is to lay off of poker until you get the urges to play again.

The best way to stop playing is this ..... Worst suggestion tbh

Diogo Jorge

Diogo Jorge

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I have to say i dont agree with him too, that's the way you get tilt easily!

Martinez

Martinez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Take a break. I totally lost interest in the game a year and a half ago and was out of for 14 months. Comming back with a fresh mind and a much better attitude and now I find it fun to play again.

DarkRoster33

DarkRoster33

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone says take a break, but what if it is not an option for me ? Taking break makes things worse for me, need somehow to bounce back into the interest

Vfranks

Vfranks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have this problem as well, and am going through it right now... Haven't actully played in a couple weeks.