tournament buy in

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
DDL, you haven't filled out your user profile, so we don't know where you live. This is important to us offering you advice because it tells us how easy it is for you to deposit and then hopefully withdraw.

But you seem to know exactly what aspect of your game needs the most immediate help. Patience in MTT's affects everyone. There are many threads at CC which cover many aspects of that.

The first thing you need is time. Time to play a really long tourney. It used to be that in larger field tourney's half the field would go out per hour. That used to be fairly reliable, but I think it now might only be good for the first 3 hours, then it slows down, so large field tourney might be lasting longer these days. Late registration also mucked that 'formula' up in serious ways.

D

DoctorDonLoL

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i am from greece
and i go all in preflop sometimes
but when i play seriously i think that i am good
in tournaments i do both things

for example i register late with 3000 chips
easily i make them 9000 when the average is 6000
but when i call (all in usually) i lose most of my chips (or all)

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i am from greece
and i go all in preflop sometimes
but when i play seriously i think that i am good
in tournaments i do both things

for example i register late with 3000 chips
easily i make them 9000 when the average is 6000
but when i call (all in usually) i lose most of my chips (or all)

A critical decision in tourneys is that CALL of someone else's shove. Take those extra few seconds before you automatically call. Take into account things other than your cards, like how much you want to stay alive in that tourney. Calm down, relax, enjoy the whole experience, and work on reading other players. Remember this very old saying..."You can not win a tourney early with 1 hand, but you can lose it with one hand." This is a tourney saying, not specific to only poker, but very specific to tourney play, regardless of the game.

Steve2777

Steve2777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends how big is ur bankroll and how good are you. But me i play small buy ins

K

kozikpro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what is your bankroll now??? , i play 1/2 nl and i play only good tourneys with good gtd prize dont care about bankroll then but 100$ its higher but i do this 2 times in week no more

G

Geldi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are not sure you keep a play there. Win a steam tournaments and you will be more confident in yourself and then can already go to higher tournaments with high buy ins

D

DoctorDonLoL

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont believe i can win a tournament.....
because of my playing style

eidikos

eidikos

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi!
in my opinion you should try bigger buy ins,in micro stakes you cant learn to play because most players there dont know to play.so it is a matter of luck only
try bigger buy ins with less players in the beggining
good luck!

D

DoctorDonLoL

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yesterday i played 2 tournaments
one with 0.11$ in which i earned 0.54$
and the other with 1.10$ buy in and i earned 2.02$

from my experience i am in the money easily in the 0.11$ tournament
but the win is so low.....

SuperDaveUp1

SuperDaveUp1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even the every day pro will tell you aspecially if your a newbie to keep a wallet of some kind never enter tourneys more thn 10% of your wallet and money. FYI

badboyboat

badboyboat

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First of all: you are new, so you NEED to play on the lowest buyin that you find to gain some practice(freerolls could be better).
2nd, ending 200/3500 tells you nothing, since you could have made lots of mistakes and you could have been lucky. Its better to learn how to play and crush average players on your level rather than playing higet buyins.
3rd, never play with more than 1% of you bank on a MTT because variance can be brutal.
4th, if you are learning, why don't you focus on improving your game rather than playing higher buyin tournaments?

Very well said, The only thing i would add is play as many free rolls and micro buyin satalites as you can these will give you a wealth of knowledge.

D

DoctorDonLoL

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very well said, The only thing i would add is play as many free rolls and micro buyin satalites as you can these will give you a wealth of knowledge.

thanks
i am trying to fix my style
but should i enter to satalities?
i think that they give only seats to bigger tournaments

K

KNGDuceDropa

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play what feels comfortable to your bankroll. If your bankroll is ten bucks, .55 buyin is a good starting point until you build

L

lucas00

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
build your bankroll first and go after increasing the buy in tournaments you want to play

2easy4ninja

2easy4ninja

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
mmm
so if i have big bankroll, but im newbie of poker
i can go the big $22 ? ))

man, i think you need play SnG 4$ 180 ppl everytime
if dont have money, play garanted tournamets no turbo no rebuy and addons

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
think if you are just starting you should wait until you have 200 buyins before you move up, after that moving up becomes a function of your ability ie roi

21sam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yesterday i played 2 tournaments
one with 0.11$ in which i earned 0.54$
and the other with 1.10$ buy in and i earned 2.02$

from my experience i am in the money easily in the 0.11$ tournament
but the win is so low.....

Think you are playing fool here. If you easily reach the money just play more and you win. If I would hit the prizes, even low, almost in every tournament...