I've decided to quit bluffing... could this ever be a good idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

peedee91

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bluffing is probably the strongest part of my game...im thinking about toning it down alittle but i wouldnt completely take it away...bluffing or attempting to bluf does have its advantegs

P

PotluckXXI

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluffing is when you can win only when the other player folds, otherwise it's Thin Value. People talk about correct bluffing frequency, I look for the right situations and don't particularly care about frequency. Knowing your opponent is capable of folding is the most important aspect. Bluffing a lot = -ev, what is "a lot"? IDK I rarely bluff and do it when the correct situation unfolds and I think I have a good read on my opponents hand strength.

In Omaha I have the A club and a busted straight when the third club card comes on the river, I'll bet the pot when I know my villain is capable of folding, if he's a stupid loose player he'll call every time = -ev.

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's not about not bluffing, it's about picking your spots to bluff. If you're thinking about when it's good to take a stab at the pot you're probably already thinking one level higher than your opponent . HU poker is good for practicing what spots are good to bluff just because you are forced to bet with nothing sometimes.

R

Rootless

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It is hard to run bluffs oop in multi-way pots... Also, take away one huge bluff gone awry every session or two and you are winning significantly more!

I

I2jr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The bluff is a good idea in occasions to try to win a hand, but I think it is not always good to do it often, if we catch chips we will lose, we should not be afraid to do it, we must try

Clark Kent

Clark Kent

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you quit bluffing, You will never make it to the final table or finish ITM again!
ever!

I cant agree more. In some situations, you must use bluffing or you will be eaten by a blind. If you are not getting good cards for playing, you must bluff if you want to survive on tournament.

J

John16

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think is very good idea.
Why?
Because this is very sleazy affair, then you decide to bluff and you loss all your money anger overwhelms you, its not very good because later you wanna recline money and lose more then bluff or something..

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe that you should bluff while thinking primarily about the cards the opponent. Very easy to get to the opponent has a good map. And then your bluff will become a big part of the stack loss. I try in vain not to bluff.

R

roddypra

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I read a book called "The Art of Bluff". Bluffing is necessary for a poker player. This requires a good reading of the hands and the player. Sometimes you get a good pot bluffing, and that in the future these chips will make a lot of difference for you. I believe that in a tournament, it is necessary to accomplish this. In cash game, it is a bit risky, but can be mt efficient if run. For me, I think there is no such thing as playing without bluffing or just playing bluffing. You have to merge your game and confuse the thoughts of the players about you constantly,

V

Vonick

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes I think you will find the balance .

sandund

sandund

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluffing is huge part of the tournament game, you can't quit bluffing if you want play on final tables. And again, if you playing ring cash game, there is no need for to much bluffing.

Status
Not open for further replies.