educational videos

N

nazarkrasnuk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Will watching professional player streams improve my game?

Mag_P1e

Mag_P1e

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Most likely it depends on what type of person you are and how it is easier for you to absorb information. But yes, if you watch players a little above your limit (after all, if you watch high rollers while playing abi5, you will get nothing but a fun time, there is a huge gap between you and you will not be able to understand what motivated certain actions) - then something will definitely remain in head and perhaps later the brain will be able to reproduce it. Personally, I like to watch not streams, but analyzes of the games of subscribers from the streamers themselves - I pause before each action, say what I would do, and then compare it with what the hero of the analysis does and what comment the professional player gives.

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Most certainly yes, the knowledge you get by observing pro's is something that is valuable in every situation.

N

nazarkrasnuk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Швидше за все, це залежить від того, до якого типу людей ви належите і як вам легше засвоювати інформацію. Але так, якщо ви будете спостерігати за гравцями трохи вище свого ліміту (адже якщо ви будете спостерігати за хайролерами, граючи в abi5, ви не отримаєте нічого, крім веселого проведення часу, між вами величезна прірва і ви не зможете зрозуміти, що спонукало до тих чи інших дій) - то в голові обов'язково щось залишиться і, можливо, згодом мозок зможе це відтворити. Особисто мені подобається дивитися не стріми, а аналізи ігор передплатників від самих стримерів - я роблю паузу перед кожною дією, говорю, що б я зробив, а потім порівнюю з тим, що робить герой аналізу і який коментар дає професійний гравець.
Very good advice. Pause and select, and then see what the streamer is doing. Let me take as an example

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You will be pro sooner than expected. Whenever that is.

Mr.$t0k

Mr.$t0k

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
every new video will be improve your game. It does not meter who play in this video

sibkaz

sibkaz

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
There is an opportunity to try to understand their experience, well, and a certain motivation for your own growth )

B

Broz

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
It depends on the professional, because there are some who transmit but don't explain anything about the actions he performs, they just sit and play but don't say the least about why he made such a move.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
There is an incredible amount of poker training material available today to help you improve your game. There are so many of them now that for those who are just starting their acquaintance with online poker, at first glance it may seem very complicated.The easiest way to start learning is to learn from your own mistakes by reviewing the hands you play after each playing session.

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
the more u play youself hands the more u learn

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think watching instructional videos is better than live play. Often streamers are playing stakes that you might not play.

Watching high stakes if you play free rolls is probably not as beneficial as a low or free roll instructional video.

The other thing to consider is a lot of streamers are losing players. Sharkscoping them before you watch can save you from trying to learn from a losing a player.

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I think it depends on who you're watching... but yes generally speaking watching players who know what they're doing and especially hearing them talk through the hand is very interesting and could help you think through your own game👍

F

fefibecerra

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most likely it depends on what type of person you are and how it is easier for you to absorb information. But yes, if you watch players a little above your limit (after all, if you watch high rollers while playing abi5, you will get nothing but a fun time, there is a huge gap between you and you will not be able to understand what motivated certain actions) - then something will definitely remain in head and perhaps later the brain will be able to reproduce it. Personally, I like to watch not streams, but analyzes of the games of subscribers from the streamers themselves - I pause before each action, say what I would do, and then compare it with what the hero of the analysis does and what comment the professional player gives.
Any channel/streamers recommendations?

Mag_P1e

Mag_P1e

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Any channel/streamers recommendations?
Unfortunately, all I watch is content in Ukrainian and Russian. If this suits you, write to me in private messages and I will give you links to their YouTube projects

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes but it is not the best yes of your time watching videos on poker strategies that you can employ yourself is a much faster way to improve--GTO Wizard on youtube has great videos- you can also look at specific strategy videos on youtube like range building - check raising etc etc
:unsure::geek:

R.Melnyk77

R.Melnyk77

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If you are a beginner, then my answer is no, it will not improve your game, on the contrary, watching videos of how professionals play, you will most likely try to repeat something after them and due to your lack of skills and experience, you will make wrong decisions. If you want to improve your game, first of all pay attention to our free CardsChat course, it will be much more effective :)