CC freerolls are harder than I expected, any tips?

L

LaSteve

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
simple! Play your best and avoid being knockout :)

rifflemao

rifflemao

Pugs Not Drugs
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If someone asked me whether to stop or go at a red light, I wouldn't say, "You obviously stop you idiot!" I would calmly respond, "Yes, you're supposed to stop." See the difference?

In that context, I'd go with the first one. It's more likely to grab attention, and spark a debate that might prevent the driver from killing someone.

I get your point about humility and civility btw, but it wasn't the best analogy.

As for the CC freerolls, best to take the criticism as an opportunity to improve. I doubt there is enough 3-betting early on to justify comparing them to a $10+$1 on Stars, and the only Americans who really know are grinding away for a living down in places like Rosarito mexico. :bandit:

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The fact that you don't understand the difference between shoving in 100bb with AQ and jamming A3o when shortstacked as a resteal having good equity against a light opening range suggests you'll never beat this game at a high level.

wasnt short stacked was out of position and the ace three hit the threes two of them in fact. Was no reason to do what did was where was getting to money was simple bad play.
Which have seen many many many times at all levels that is the point.

Maybe they got bored tired whatever. Maybe just a very bad player and lucked out for a many days lol. So you assume you know anything about me which you do not. So if you ever want a full explanation of something that is this irrelevant ask lol.

I dont have all the answers. I am not the best in world or would have won millions in past. Is that simple yet am sure some people on here would agree after watching me play this last month? I am pretty good at this game.

I am here to help others and to help grow myself is that simple. Anyone who has an agenda otherwise I simply feel for you. If you have an agenda against me? Good l luck with that?

I make mistakes daily hell hourly I do in typing so do at tables. Yet am doing pretty well if others feel threatened by that feel they have to try to bring me down for some reason I FEEL FOR THEM.

I play this game out of the love for it money is something I need but is still secondary. I love winning hate losing. I love meeting good players having real friends in the poker world. Love to try to give advice and hope sometimes it helps some people love chatting and talking poker and learning.

So is all that simple to me seems some people dont want others to do well or are threatened by others or something.

I fear nothing at a poker table. I have won I have lost I have lost every dammed way possible lol is all good you have short term memory move on try to do better.

That is what am trying to do for myself and anyone I might help just a little if that threatens people maybe this aint for those types.

I had liver cancer paid all doctors bills owe nothing. So I won a decent amount maybe I can again maybe I cant. I love it so will try. I have explained enough honestly.

I dont know the agendas of some of you but aint gonna sweat you either lol.

I wish everyone success in whatever they do. Maybe some of you think should be more humble but nah aint gonna happen.

Will try to be polite courteous etc.. till someone really opens up on me and then the gloves come off. I try to get along with all but for some that is simply not possible.

You can simply ignore me am sure that is a feature here if you do not like me or what I say.

No worries good luck in everything

Last edited:
skiptomyloot

skiptomyloot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes the players on here are pretty good. I had a few wins. i havent been playing the freerolls lately. Gonna have to play on bcp and acr this week . =)

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sorry OP, I tried....... *sigh*

Directed NOT at the o1-2 line responses, but mainly at the TOTAL hijack of one "I really am damn good" poster and paragraphs of hijack.

Start your own thread if you just want to post in here about how good you are, how misunderstood you are etc...... OP has a right to his own thread. You do too, but,..................... THIS ISNT IT

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
first dont try to come off as arrogant or mean to or that am that good or know everything. Second sharing my mind in this arena helps me so yes that is about me or could just not do what I do and slowly fade lose more of my faculties etc.. THIS HELPS ME IF THAT OFFENDS YOU I AM SORRY BUT NOT CHANGING CAUSE IS SOMETHING THAT IS GOING TO KEEP ME GOING LONGER TILL I PASS FROM THE HEART OR THE MIND TRULY GOES WHICH IS GONNA HAPPEN IF HEART LASTS LONG ENOUGH WHICH HAVE CLEARLY SPELLED OUT HERE. I am here learning like everyone else. If look at stats right now they flat out are terrible. Yet am winning money a lot of that started with the free stuff won through here in a 2 week period. Got money for carbon not sure anything else or not. Anyway was trying to help the op. I write in paragraphs to help my brain. It is a mess with writing so get wordy long etc.. Especially when in crashes which have been happening last few days. I know very few people here honestly some old faces from the past I recognize names handles etc.. Is probably double that I dont know just as good as the ones can name real quick whom are true imho great poker players. Not just ok or good but great. Is impressive honestly to me.

I am not apologizing to you or anyone about my post length which benefits me. I will try to keep shorter when I can. I do this in hockey forum too and people bitch. If is too long dont read it pretty simple to me:) Wont offend me at all.

I cannot tell you since this all started how many people have said something to me on two paragraphs lol that they wouldn't read even one. Is what it is.

This is a highly skilled group if op wants suggestions on how to handle best thing can do is just play with them. I won in 5 of 8 last night late been up all night. Yesterday did two three days zero before that. Poker variance or whatever. I have no clue on how I won last night honestly. Or why lost when did.

So since you brought it up will start my own thread. Maybe spend enough time on it wont offend people on the others. BUT i like helping people I BELIEVE IN WHAT YOU PUT OUT IN THE WORLD COMES BACK TO YOU. So helping new people to the game forum etc.. is my ONE GOAL. In the process hopefully that helps me also not by what comes back to you but by keeping brain fresh remembering things adjusting and growing myself as toss ideas to those with less experience.

So anyway am sorry offended you but is spelled out. You can block me so dont see me I though here. That is what I suggest or just dont read the paragraphs if frustrates you.

I know when in the crashes I dont make a lot of sense at all at times.

Yet the more I do it fight through it? THE BETTER IT BRINGS ME BACK TO ME I GET THE RECHARGE.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
first dont try to come off as arrogant or mean to or that am that good or know everything. Second sharing my mind in this arena helps me so yes that is about me or could just not do what I do and slowly fade lose more of my faculties etc.. THIS HELPS ME IF THAT OFFENDS YOU I AM SORRY BUT NOT CHANGING CAUSE IS SOMETHING THAT IS GOING TO KEEP ME GOING LONGER TILL I PASS FROM THE HEART OR THE MIND TRULY GOES WHICH IS GONNA HAPPEN IF HEART LASTS LONG ENOUGH WHICH HAVE CLEARLY SPELLED OUT HERE. I am here learning like everyone else. If look at stats right now they flat out are terrible. Yet am winning money a lot of that started with the free stuff won through here in a 2 week period. Got money for carbon not sure anything else or not. Anyway was trying to help the op. I write in paragraphs to help my brain. It is a mess with writing so get wordy long etc.. Especially when in crashes which have been happening last few days. I know very few people here honestly some old faces from the past I recognize names handles etc.. Is probably double that I dont know just as good as the ones can name real quick whom are true imho great poker players. Not just ok or good but great. Is impressive honestly to me.

I am not apologizing to you or anyone about my post length which benefits me. I will try to keep shorter when I can. I do this in hockey forum too and people bitch. If is too long dont read it pretty simple to me:) Wont offend me at all.

I cannot tell you since this all started how many people have said something to me on two paragraphs lol that they wouldn't read even one. Is what it is.

This is a highly skilled group if op wants suggestions on how to handle best thing can do is just play with them. I won in 5 of 8 last night late been up all night. Yesterday did two three days zero before that. Poker variance or whatever. I have no clue on how I won last night honestly. Or why lost when did.

So since you brought it up will start my own thread. Maybe spend enough time on it wont offend people on the others. BUT i like helping people I BELIEVE IN WHAT YOU PUT OUT IN THE WORLD COMES BACK TO YOU. So helping new people to the game forum etc.. is my ONE GOAL. In the process hopefully that helps me also not by what comes back to you but by keeping brain fresh remembering things adjusting and growing myself as toss ideas to those with less experience.

So anyway am sorry offended you but is spelled out. You can block me so dont see me I though here. That is what I suggest or just dont read the paragraphs if frustrates you.

I know when in the crashes I dont make a lot of sense at all at times.

Yet the more I do it fight through it? THE BETTER IT BRINGS ME BACK TO ME I GET THE RECHARGE.

I dont get where the misunderstanding is. You can post what you like.... but START YOUR OWN THREAD. You make a short reference to OP then go on about yourself. I mean, I aint a mod, I anit an admin here, I am just a member like you. But I am saying please respect someones right to have their own thread. If you want to post paragraphs of stuff, fine. Just do it in your own thread, or stay on topic.

What is so hard to understand. (Insert .gif of scratching head)

hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can thetick33 and duggs play HU play money for posting privileges?

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can thetick33 and duggs play HU play money for posting privileges?

dont get all the dislike from the true grinders seriously we dont have a lot in common I am mtt person if that is what could play would play 99% of time or more big reward if ever get lucky enough or a good enough run for a lot less hours etc.. I TIP MY HAT TO ALL OF YOU SUCCESSFUL RING GAME GRINDERS what you do is truly amazing. The hours the studying the thinking of it is truly mind blowing.

I play a little ring never played exclusively ever. Longest grind of ring in life was 8 months and mixed in 3-4 sng's or mtts a day with two rooms going basically to ring. Have said mostly played 50 cent 1.00 during that time even though have played higher stakes for short periods.

I will mix in a game here and there prefer live BY a ton over what you all do on stars and other software. I HAVE NOTHING BUT RESPECT for what you guys are doing. We live in two separate universes in goals and everything else.

GL AT THE TABLES

hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
idk why I'm getting involved in this, but I've played plenty of tournaments. I have a wsop final table, 2 wsop circuit event final tables, and over 200k in live cashes. I also know plenty of people who play online mtts for a living at stakes as low as $3 and back in the day I played a spattering of online mtts mostly $20 - $200 buy-ins.

While I haven't played the freerolls or real money CC games in quite some time, I'll say that if you actually think they play similar to $50 mtts, you're out of your mind. I'd certainly say they're tougher than the average freeroll, since most take poker seriously, but I'd be absolutely shocked if CC freerolls today are tougher than the average $1 mtt online. Sometimes people forget that in tournaments it's often better to be shoving a lot than it is to fold until you run out of chips.

Here's an example say it's folded to the cutoff who shoves 6bb. You're on the button with KJo with 20bb and both blinds cover. What's the correct play? I think 90%+ of CC freeroll regulars here would fold or maybe call and fold to a shove, but it's the easiest shove in the world and doing anything else is a pretty huge leak that will kill your roi if you try to jump into real money games.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
idk why I'm getting involved in this, but I've played plenty of tournaments. I have a wsop final table, 2 wsop circuit event final tables, and over 200k in live cashes. I also know plenty of people who play online mtts for a living at stakes as low as $3 and back in the day I played a spattering of online mtts mostly $20 - $200 buy-ins.

While I haven't played the freerolls or real money CC games in quite some time, I'll say that if you actually think they play similar to $50 mtts, you're out of your mind. I'd certainly say they're tougher than the average freeroll, since most take poker seriously, but I'd be absolutely shocked if CC freerolls today are tougher than the average $1 mtt online. Sometimes people forget that in tournaments it's often better to be shoving a lot than it is to fold until you run out of chips.

Here's an example say it's folded to the cutoff who shoves 6bb. You're on the button with KJo with 20bb and both blinds cover. What's the correct play? I think 90%+ of CC freeroll regulars here would fold or maybe call and fold to a shove, but it's the easiest shove in the world and doing anything else is a pretty huge leak that will kill your roi if you try to jump into real money games.

Lack of information here, if the big blind has 100bb's? Reads? Not enough information to make a good decision on that scenario.

hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Both blinds have 50bb and you're new to this table.

hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
But actually there's practically no scenario where anything other than shove is acceptable. Maybe if the CO is an insanely tight player and just literally has top 5% then you can fold but that's the thing in real money poker mtts you rarely encounter those types.

loafes

loafes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You're tilting me by telling me anyone would do anything other than snap shove in that spot. Seriously.

veronica

veronica

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not believe in freerolls can learn something because as the entry does not have value many take as random and take away the magic of what is poker, i do not think that poker is pulled all in to see who wins, and that in my opinion does not teach me anything just makes me arow to poker and not to see who wins.

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Ya saw some of your omaha you got a bracelet if remember right what 7 years ago? Good to see you here phil

I remember first time saw you or noticed you on tilt lol laughed at your handle lol till looked at your stats and said oh blank leave alone think only played 3 events with you though and never had to deal with you:) Which is a good thing I think.

Hope is running well

Last edited:
N

nygmen2007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do agree this is a tough field because of the amount of money people do play for.. This is not your average forum with avg players, alot of good players with good results.. I have been lucky enough to win a couple and cash a couple.. I enjoy the challenge.. Just play your game and get to know everyone....

Rony Mota

Rony Mota

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Link of the tips

Wanna wright this here. because more people can read it in this thread than in "CC freerolls".I became a memeber of freeroll club for about a month ago, was very happy when visited cc.com and got a message from Tammy that I AM ALREADY A MEMBER!!!When I first saw in private games on pokerstars that it is a freeroll 60 players and 100 $ gtd, I thought that it is nothing easier to get first place in this tournament.I had this mind till I got a membership, but then I understood that I am stupid idiot. Guys, there are no more difficult players in the world than you are and CC freerolls are too difficult to think that they are easy.I won only 7 $ from the moment I got a membership.It makes me think that I do not understand anything in poker.
So do you have any strategy playing CC freerollsand does it works guys?

I recently posted these tips. Follow the link
https://www.cardschat.com/forum/general-poker-13/10-tips-playing-freerolls-309122/

K

kishiru

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just try to avoid weak hands and play with only high pairs. Im playing like this on freerolls only and its good tactic i think if someone goes all in ur hand is strong so u can beat him ;p

DaveE

DaveE

Solvem probler
Project Moderator
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If killer3333 reraises you just fold. He always has the nuts.

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have only played in two of these so far , but am only eligible for the 25+ post freeerolls at the moment. Both times I got my ass handed to me. I would approach it as if you put $100 in the game. This is because my initial impression is these freerolls is that they are taken more seriously than the typical fr bingo free for alls that can occur on the public freeroll games - but again I have only been to two games so far so its just an initial impression. What I am excited about is this may be a good barometer for me to evaluate my game with as it does not appear I can play any worse at least at the moment lol

Last edited:
B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't come to a CC freeroll thinking you can play bingo and win. Play solid poker to the best of your ability. I have not taken 1st yet but have a couple 2nds and a few top 10s. I don't believe in using programs to play, I like to know I did that.:D:D

M

Mauno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try to study your opponents. Knowing their style is sometimes more valuable then cards.

Ricey155

Ricey155

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why ? Play your hands hard raise and commit !! If you lose no drama just don't limp along.

Poker Tips Freeroll Passwords