Battle of The Planet: Good for Micro SNG Grinders

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you make it sound good philthy :) will have to give them a shot :)

S

springplank

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey, good tread,..

I started to know about BOTP when i received 10$ for finishing 44th in the low orbit

I like it very much, but i played now like 931 1,75$ 18-mans with a ROI of 19,15%, en the 10$ is the only time i received some price untill now, so easy its not for sure,...

greetz

the gimmick

the gimmick

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
LoL SnG tips

Smoke weed or drink beer. weed is beeter for you. You will need this for the paitence and tilt from the sickness of these micr sng plays and players. Just some advice!!! And listen to good music (like Ronald Jenkees or RJD2) GL All!

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Smoke weed or drink beer. weed is beeter for you. You will need this for the paitence and tilt from the sickness of these micr sng plays and players. Just some advice!!! And listen to good music (like Ronald Jenkees or RJD2) GL All!

If you drink or smoke too much it could be that you turn into a beet ?

Veggified imo.

To the op:

Though it has taken me 3+ months to find this thread I will give it a try.

I'm still clearing my first deposit bonus on stars anyhow.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Seems Philthy has a good handle on this and it could use an update.

Is this a continuing promo or is it date dependent?

Should we even consider it a promo or is it more like a program like the astronomers freerolls? Which technically are promo's but they have been going on for so long they are really just part of a program.

I have never heard of this BOP thing, and missed this thread before today.

S

springplank

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well i am sure that this is a promo, but one that will remain for long

greetz

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's been going on for so long on pokerstars. It's a continuous promotion.

This thread is funny. It gets bumped, dies down. Gets bumped again...

Pillshark

Pillshark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's been going on for so long on Pokerstars. It's a continuous promotion.

Just got bumped again philthy,:)
Was looking at pro-mo's on PS website,and noticed the BOP.
Looked up BOP in the CC Search tab,and found this thread.
Having read your discription of how the points,rake,and prizes all work out,I found this all very informative.
Thanks for breaking all this down into such fine detail.:cool:
Think I will take this on as a January challenge.
Good luck in your BOP as well!!
Thx again for the post!

Vfranks

Vfranks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks philthy, this thread was very informative. I just started playing SnGs on stars and didn't even know about this promotion, but am definitely gonna keep an eye on my points to see if I am close to winning some money. I have 8 more to complete my first block, and been running kinda hot!

But i play 45man and 180man turbo SNG´s on Stars, is there a similiar contest ? Or ony the Tournament Leaderboard (TLB) ?! :cool:

I know u posted this question a while ago... I saw this on the FAQ page:

"We will also be excluding any tournaments that are already eligible for the Multi-Table Tournament Leader Board (i.e. any tournament with 40 or more players)."

So it seems no BOP for anything with players of 40 or more.

M

MERKESPA

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Great thread. I don't play a poker stars (yet) but is there anything like this at Full Tilt. I've noticed that they have a leaderboard for certain games. Is this the same thing?

B

BluffYou123

Back in the Game
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just came across this thread in Jagstis compendium of great threads. I have recently started playing lots of 27 player SNGs on PS again and found this very helpful. Didn't know you could check up on your points and how many of the current block you've played. Cheers philthy!!

Many CC'ers trying to hit these leaderboards these days?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It's been going on for so long on Pokerstars. It's a continuous promotion.

& then gets bumped again.... &
Just came across this thread in Jagstis compendium of great threads. I have recently started playing lots of 27 player SNGs on PS again and found this very helpful. Didn't know you could check up on your points and how many of the current block you've played. Cheers philthy!!

Many CC'ers trying to hit these leaderboards these days?
again!
Question: When does the 'week' start & finish for the BTOP?
PokerStars also offering a deposit bonus right now (I believe it expires tomorrow or Saturday?), I think it's something like > make a min. deposit of $20 & you received one free $7 sng ticket. Bonus code is BOTP

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Okay, answering my own question here..
Week runs Aug.7th to 13th.
This week as part of the promo they are also DOUBLING the prizes on the Leaderboard. (I guess I need to play 20sng's today or tomorrow.. can't see that happening for some reason? lol)

B

BluffYou123

Back in the Game
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah PO, it starts at 12:00:00am on Sunday and runs til 23:59:59pm on Saturday each week. (or simply Sunday to Saturday) I deposited $20 yesterday to get the free ticket and I've run pretty well. Played 14 $7 27 mans so far and got 3 wins, a 2nd, a 3rd and a 5th. They're usually pretty tough but alot softer this week as is to be expected.

Used to play alot of MT SNGs on Stars before and grew to hate them but I think they've improved the structure alot since then. 5 SNGs left in this block and I've got a good shot of making the leaderboard if I can hit a few cashes. Good luck me!

the lab man

the lab man

CardsChat Irregular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you play sngs you should look at your standings for the battle of planets...you can check on your progress and the weekly leaders( gives you an idea of how many points you will need) under REQUESTS on Stars Lobby
This obviously is a great week to try It.

B

BluffYou123

Back in the Game
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Played my 6 games to complete my first block of 20 and managed to top the leaderboard by 5 points. Just hope I can stay there now. It'd be great to pull it off in double BOTP week. Looks to be a good score too in comparison with previous weeks so here's hoping. Made a sick comeback in the last game to win it. Had 2k chips with 6 left and went on to bust everyone :D

Attachments

• BOTP.jpg
    BOTP.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 31

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Played my 6 games to complete my first block of 20 and managed to top the leaderboard by 5 points. Just hope I can stay there now. It'd be great to pull it off in double BOTP week. Looks to be a good score too in comparison with previous weeks so here's hoping. Made a sick comeback in the last game to win it. Had 2k chips with 6 left and went on to bust everyone :D
wow, that's great.
I'll definitely check if you could hold it.
I just played one in this division and only got 18 points.
I'll concentrate in the mercury where I'm gonna try to finish a few blocks.
Anyway, congrats.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Awesome! WTG man!
I've been putting this off all week long now... haven't played sng's for awhile (4mos.?) but have sweated a bunch fairly recently. Looks like I'll have to play some today.... but not really looking forward to it.
Hope your 1st place position holds up!!! Congrats!

B

BluffYou123

Back in the Game
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks guys. Got pushed down to 2nd. Some guy hit a monster score last night so we'll see what happens. Don't feel like putting in another 20 to try beat him so my current score will have to do. GL if you have a go PO.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good stuff, bluff.

Glad you checked out the thread and it's helping you out. Or at least letting you keep track of the games you play and maybe give more initiative to do well...lol. 2nd place is not too shabby at all and will def. be a nice bonus to your BR, right?

Good luck in future BOTP games.

/FBI: Y U NO LET ME PLAY?!?!?

F4STFORW4RD

F4STFORW4RD

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you combine this with all the other promotions that they are running at the moment, they really are being amazingly generous. Long may it last! :p

Have 73 of the 75 points that I need to qualify for Silver Star this month ;)

the lab man

the lab man

CardsChat Irregular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
WTG Bluff... I played 20 in the mars division and had 10 cashes but fell short of leaderboard

B

BluffYou123

Back in the Game
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unlucky lab man. I held on to 2nd spot for $600 so I'm very happy with that. Gonna try to do 100 this week so hopefully I'll be up there again.

Last edited:
the lab man

the lab man

CardsChat Irregular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unlucky lab man. I held on to 2nd spot for $600 so I'm very happy with that. Gonna try to do 100 this week so hopefully I'll be up there again this week.

Very nice pay out WTG:D

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Very nice Bluffyou!! I didn't realize there was that much in the prizes for this?
I ended up only playing 1 18plyr $7 (the free ticket one for making $20deposit, lol).... was playing some MTTs', lied to myself saying I'd play a min. of 20sng's, got HU in the one I did play (then lost 20bb effective stacks aipf AJ v A8o) & said fk it.