***August Micro SNG Thread***

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't win a hand to save my life, losing every flip situ i get into and in the later stages the whole table seems to wake up with hands whenever i shove, even if i do get my money in good i lose, when will this end!!!

9 x 6max Sng's without an ITM finish now, its really getting to be not funny, my rolls sat at 53$, but i refuse to move down to the 1.25's b/c the rakes absurd, so i now have like 23BI's left til busto :(

This run has to end soon!

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't win a hand to save my life, losing every flip situ i get into and in the later stages the whole table seems to wake up with hands whenever i shove, even if i do get my money in good i lose, when will this end!!!

9 x 6max Sng's without an ITM finish now, its really getting to be not funny, my rolls sat at 53$, but i refuse to move down to the 1.25's b/c the rakes absurd, so i now have like 23BI's left til busto :(

This run has to end soon!

Welcome to the verience of sngs I hope you enjoy your stay! Seriously sngs can make you tear your hair out and six max can be frustrating when your not getting any cards or your good cards are getting cracked.

Maybe you should try a few 9 man games non turbo untill you get a bit off a higher roll, now I know it takes longer and you have to play less games in the spare time you have but it will also let you keep your roll a bit longer if the downswing continues.

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yey, my evil run as ended, and i discovered i can play 4 tables of sng's at a time.

Just played a session of 5 games and placed 1st in 2 and 2nd in one :D

I like how my bonus is clearing quicker with sngs too, i might stick with them until i'm up to about $250/300 and comfortably rolled for 10nl.

Permission to hang out in this thread for a while??

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Welcome to the verience of sngs I hope you enjoy your stay! Seriously sngs can make you tear your hair out and six max can be frustrating when your not getting any cards or your good cards are getting cracked.

Maybe you should try a few 9 man games non turbo untill you get a bit off a higher roll, now I know it takes longer and you have to play less games in the spare time you have but it will also let you keep your roll a bit longer if the downswing continues.

I had a back-up plan similar to this incase the downswong continued, was gonna move over to the 9 man games at about 15 BI's to try and steady the ship a bit.

TBH i've had a bad few months playing 5nl so i welcome the chance to only lose 2.25 if i dont cash, so the sng variance isn't bothering me that much atm, even after a -9BI swing lol

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had a back-up plan similar to this incase the downswong continued, was gonna move over to the 9 man games at about 15 BI's to try and steady the ship a bit.

TBH i've had a bad few months playing 5nl so i welcome the chance to only lose 2.25 if i dont cash, so the sng variance isn't bothering me that much atm, even after a -9BI swing lol

Cool, the best thing about sngs in ya can only lose the amount you bought in for, hope it goes well.

Well I am at a 27 or 28 roll so looks like a long stint at the 1 dollars for me with a back up of some fpps for 3 11t$ sats if I go busto.

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i have now recovered for the day to finish up $4.80. Bed time i think!

just had the longest HU stage i think ive ever had lol must've lasted over 100 hands! got into the 250/500 blind stage on a 6max SNG!!

least my next -9BI swong wont bother me at all b/c i've had one and recovered :D

B

bobsay225

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is good to see people using this thread. Went on my own tilted sng madness marathon and lost 12 straight this weekend but played in my 2nd cardchat freeroll and got 2nd tuesday helped out the beginning roll gonna play a couple 6max 2.25 now:)

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some results since July 30 when I started playing SNGs as my main game.
Should be able to get another 30 games in before I leave on business on Sunday morning.

These are all FR non-turbo games.

Attachments

• JC.JPG
    JC.JPG
    20.3 KB · Views: 16
O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is good to see people using this thread. Went on my own tilted sng madness marathon and lost 12 straight this weekend but played in my 2nd cardchat freeroll and got 2nd tuesday helped out the beginning roll gonna play a couple 6max 2.25 now:)

I'm playing the 6max 2.25's at the minute too, on full tilt, i think they're really easy, so easy to pick up a big stack in the first few levels b/c a lot of people just think it's 6max so it must be all about huge bluffs and shoving AI over the top with gutshots and the like, when in reality the first few levels play not too dissimilar to a FR game, just slightly looser in LP when its not been opened.

I'm finding that cbets in the early stages get quite a bit of respect too, coming from cash games i have a good idea of what boards are good for a cbet and i seem to be taking pots down in position a lot, this also works the other way, if i call with say AQ in the BB from a LP raiser, flop comes down 722r, against a lot of the multi-tabling regs i c/r this nearly every time and i'm getting a lot of folds. This will no doubt change as i move up but for now i think ive found a good formula for these games :)

Multi-tabling is absolutely key for SNG's i think though, i can't play more than 3 tables of 6max cash games b/c there's so much more to think about but with 6max SNG's i'm comfortably playing 4 atm and would say i'm definetly going to be up to about 6 or 7 soon.

Bonus is clearing fast too, i think i'll be playing SNG's for a while to come now, at least til i get the roll up to $250, maybe even higher if i'm beating the 5.50's easily.

B

bobsay225

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
went to rail ya stacker but must be off. hi ho hi ho its off to work i go:( :( catch up to ya guys 2nite.....

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok what are some good stats for 9man SNGs? and what stats to you use for your HUD? im like 16.5/10.8/2 ST 23% cbet 64% IDK how long this has been a stat but i added "M" to my HUD i wish they just had the amount of blinds instead but the "M" makes it easy enough to figure. after 457 games ROI% 7.7 ITM% 42 this is after some sick beats and a nasty downswing. I also wanted to know what different strategies there are for MT SNGs. Again bankroll management? Any thoughts on this 25, 30 50 buyins?

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
cp52, how many tables do you play at a time and how many games do you usually play in a session? These will usually dictate your BR needs. With your ITM in the 40s but ROI less than 10 it looks like you've hit qa lot of 3rds with few 1sts. I'd be concentrating on reviewing those 3rd place finishes for leaks.

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
cp52, how many tables do you play at a time and how many games do you usually play in a session? These will usually dictate your BR needs. With your ITM in the 40s but ROI less than 10 it looks like you've hit qa lot of 3rds with few 1sts. I'd be concentrating on reviewing those 3rd place finishes for leaks.

actually i think the low ROI% is more to do with playing turbos. without turbos im right about 10%. and was running about 14% before a huge cooler. but i play from 4-8 games. i mostly only do 4 at once. but what types of leaks in my 3rd place finishes should i be looking for. of regular non-turbos im ITM% 42.8 ROI% 9.6 thats in 442 games.

1st 13.3%
2nd 11.8%
3rd 17.6%
4th 17.9%
5th 14.9%
6th 9.7%
7th 8.1%
8th 3.6%
9th 2.9%

i'm really new to these any have no idea where or what to look as far as leaks. i'm usually in pushbot mode towards the end but feel maybe i could start raising less instead of shoving vs lots of tight opponents.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
3rd 17.6%
4th 17.9%
5th 14.9%

Look at the hands that you are busting with in the games that you finish 3-5. Are you shoving too wide? Are you shoving against nits where raises would be better? Are you missing some squeeze attempts? Do you have any stop-n-go plays?

I'd be glad to look at 4-5 game HH over the next week if you want. Send me a PM.

regd87

regd87

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I ordered Collin Moshman's Sit and go Strategy book, it should come today:) hopefully it lives up to the hype.

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I ordered Collin Moshman's Sit and go Strategy book, it should come today:) hopefully it lives up to the hype.

It shall. I don't want anyone to read this book it's that good.

B

bobsay225

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It shall. I don't want anyone to read this book it's that good.

mine should be here today to ordered last week. Last nite was good on ft 12 6max games 9 itm 5/1sts and 4/2nd places. Seems I am starting to play better when I am actually playing less while working 12 hour shifts.I am rolled for 2 dolla tables now and hope to implement moshmans book into my game at this level and when I am comfortable with it move up to 5 dolla games when I have 45-50 buyins. I am in no rush because I am in it for the long haul:cool:

single tabling and then starting 2nd game about 20 minutes into 1st game is working for me it allows me to concentrate on bubble play and gets me going on 2nd so I am not sitting playing crap cards

I am realizing I dont have to beat everyone I let them beat the hell outta each other:p

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3rd 17.6%
4th 17.9%
5th 14.9%

Look at the hands that you are busting with in the games that you finish 3-5. Are you shoving too wide? Are you shoving against nits where raises would be better? Are you missing some squeeze attempts? Do you have any stop-n-go plays?

I'd be glad to look at 4-5 game HH over the next week if you want. Send me a PM.

I haven't really looked at any of the hands I get ko'ed with. I'll have to look into this. Yes i'm probably shoving too wide or too much. I've been working on this though. Yes I shove the nits too much risk way too many chips than need be. I started raising less sometime and feell it hels. No I don't ever do stop and go plays this is something I need to impliment into my game. For the most part I shove preflop if I think i'm ahead even when I don't think I have any FE. But the stop and goes may give me more FE in some spots. Any tips on stop and goes would be appreciated thanks.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
August Results

Overall my online bankroll is +$177.13 for August. Here are my SNG stats.

Attachments

• AUG09SNG.JPG
    AUG09SNG.JPG
    12.5 KB · Views: 5