all in

is it best to go all-in with AK pre flop or just raise a significant amopunt

robertocoelho

robertocoelho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you think you have the best hand, it is better to try to extract most chips of opponents, going to shove you can drive all the hand and keep the blinds only, try a raise of 2.5 / 3bb pre flop.

AvaPoker13

AvaPoker13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on what you play in tournaments to keep the all-in to nearby positions of the final table, in cash games and tournaments with very few participants increase.

B

bassnbrad

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
AK All in?

I may be wrong, but there are many variables to the question. AK while being a good hand is only good if it hits. I would examine table position, and those betting or calling before and after me. In a MTT its not as important to win a bunch at once as staying in to the end. If you are stable in chips, then its better to place maybe a 3 or 4 times BB bet, and if you hit and have the best hand then jam it in. Its not worth getting knocked out of the tourney by some donk that calls with A/2 suited and catches a duece... jmho

W

Will_o_Wisp

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on your stack, position, other players etc. For instance, if your stack is near 10BB or late stage with high blinds all in with AK for me is good play. Should analyze every situation carefully.

Space Ghost

Space Ghost

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on *many* variables, as others have stated.

C

capara20

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if u got enough chips, dont go all in pre flop with master cards ( AA AK KK QQ ). ( but call if needed )

look on this example which happen to me just now : ( i folded )

see the flop and be wiser .

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    150.6 KB · Views: 42
Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
A pair of 2's can beat AK, AK is not the nuts and can easily be beat, even on an AKx flop, make your standard raise and then re evaluate if you encounter a re raise or shove.

:top:

theboss

theboss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A pair of deuces can beat AK and AA can be beat by 67s sometimes. Whatever stakes you play you should raise with AK suited or not. It doesnt matter if you are utg or on the button. If someone has raised already you should always 3 bet. I f you face a 4-bet you can go all in. If you play low stakes you can easily get called by AQ, AJ , A10 or even worse. Even if your opponent has a high pair like JJ or QQ its still a flip. It is not likely that he/she will have AA or KK most of the times.

therealslomo

therealslomo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would need to know so much more info to answer this. In some situations going all in is fine, in others it is not. There is no 1 set way to play any hand.

jgdesabato

jgdesabato

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK onsuite has neither what to think. Call all in easy.

Z

zkel1980

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hate going all-in pre-flop. I like to see the flop, see what could be the strongest hand, see how that relates to mine and read how people are playing off the flop. Much rather going all-in of the flop, knowing I have strong hand.

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AKsuited always go all-in ... unless you know a typical extremely tight player who only does it with AA but even still we can get a flush or straight on em.

Did you know AKs is harder to be dealth than AA.

Unsuited unpaired cards generally are horrible OOP, Theres no plan B and our hand usually ends up faceup,

That being all said, one of the first things I learnt about poker was AK is your bluff all-in hand. So you get paid with ur KK AA hands.