Is this you?

Raggamuffin

Raggamuffin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good post! Glad your life has turned round for the best & congrats on the up & coming wedding :)
I can safely say poker isn't running or ruining my life, but it does get me in trouble with family & friends for not answering my phone because I'm in the middle of a game :rofl:

sergios

sergios

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah tough place to be.

I have never been there with poker, but other substances, yes.

Family life does change the way we view things & committment to poker (allocating time) is a different thing to addiction. Im committed, but I can also walk away for extended periods of time without withdrawl. Addiction on the other hand, needs to be feed & when I detoxed, I stopped completely. It was never seen in my life again.

Some people have addictive natures & thus can make it hard to walk away from something forever. Every person is different & I really hope that whomever is suffering from any kind of addiction, finds their way sooner than later.

I'm glad to hear that you overcame a fierce addiction! I congratulate you on such care! not many can manage to overcome addictions! hope you keep on track that you found it! lucky dude !!

S

Slicc50

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Man, I sure know where you are coming from. I am finding myself right now with some of the early signs of some of the problems you were talking about. It just feels SO good when you are winning. Not so much when you are losing. I would be ashamed to tell anyone i know this, but I have actually called off from work twice in the last 3 weeks to stay home and play Poker. Think I may take some of the advice I have read on this board and implement it into my life, lol.