Would you report collusion in a freeroll?

midgetfactory

midgetfactory

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in a 50$ freeroll, do you really care if the other players do this? i know its cheating but whats the point of reporting it, the site will do absolutely nothing. In a cash tourney if i had money invested and i seen it then id think about reporting it

B

bernotas22

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in a 50$ freeroll, do you really care if the other players do this? i know its cheating but whats the point of reporting it, the site will do absolutely nothing. In a cash tourney if i had money invested and i seen it then id think about reporting it

I would care even if it was a 1 dollar freeroll cause it's your time you are investing and if you have ethics you should report the colluders

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
so if you had 6 cents invested you'd report but not a free roll?

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Whether or not they investigate it, it should be reported, it takes less than a min to report the cheating scumbags.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Whether or not they investigate it, it should be reported, it takes less than a min to report the cheating scumbags.

But if you knew up front your email would be totally ignored you would have accomplished nothing at all. :)

With that said it is definitely an individual decision. I work non-stop and don't have time to send emails that I feel are pointless. If others feel differently that is their perogative. :)

In regards to PS and FT not investigating freeroll issues - I do need to point out that it was private freerolls - they may have a different policy for their own freerolls.

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I agree. As I said, I don't expect anything to be done about it. But it's not like it takes 2 hours and 3 notarized signatures in triplicate to report it. It's hardly a waste of time on the off-chance something comes of it, and I'll feel better for doing it because my moral compass doesn't distinguish between freerolls and buy-ins when it comes to cheating. Play money I might not bother because there's nothing of value on the line. Small value though it may be in freerolls, cheaters rob the honest players of it.

Not that I would be playing in a public free roll anyway -- now THAT would be a waste of my time!

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
But if you knew up front your email would be totally ignored you would have accomplished nothing at all. :)

With that said it is definitely an individual decision. I work non-stop and don't have time to send emails that I feel are pointless. If others feel differently that is their perogative. :)

In regards to PS and FT not investigating freeroll issues - I do need to point out that it was private freerolls - they may have a different policy for their own freerolls.

I have much more free time then you.

P

pokerclann1

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah i reported an exact same situation before, these guys think cos its a freeroll they not doing any harm but they are, the rest of the field are not investing their time so their opponents can take shortcuts, its extremely bad ettiquete.

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm totally in the 'report it' camp. Dakota, r u sure they don't record the issue even if they do nothing about it?? If not I can see not wasting your time. But if they do it here, they may do it elsewhere. True, it would likely be in the lowest $$ possible, but still.

J

jimmylytle2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would not report it. There were so many sitouts, it would probably make the game not as long if they just did what you say they are doing.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm totally in the 'report it' camp. Dakota, r u sure they don't record the issue even if they do nothing about it?? If not I can see not wasting your time. But if they do it here, they may do it elsewhere. True, it would likely be in the lowest $$ possible, but still.

Based on the response I got they don't even look at it - they will not spend time on private freeroll issues. They feel like it is our freeroll and our responsibility to manage them. Can't say I blame them really.

N

nab76

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
most definitely if they are willing to do it in freerolls they will do it in big money too!

D

DaMan1313

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
absolutely, if these clowns are doing this in freerolls and they actually get some money under them then you know they are heading to real money tables to do it as well. I don't know why they would pick a freeroll to do this in though but that is besides the point.
i prolly wouldn't worry about it the way it sounds the one guy just wanted to leave and it being a freeroll im sure his intentions werent to cheat. im sure if it was money they were putting in they wouldnt just give it to someone else. just my opinion

redcross

redcross

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That sucks but at the end of the day it is a freeroll suck it up and move on. Try to cash out and be done with freerolls

J

Jeschant

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He said it was a freeroll not a play money game. Money however small is on the line.

Not only that, but allowing cheating in freerolls just because some of the players aren't depositing is still dumb because, as I said before, freerolls are often a player's first introduction to a site, so why give the impression that there is cheating anywhere on the site?