Why Are So Many Against Showing Their Cards?

F

fordman427

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like it because because if you are playing with a player with a decent poker mind it gives away a lot of information for them to use against you later in the tournament

S

sunshine0410

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like it because you give your opponents informations for free. Of course in some situations it can be helpful, when you show your cards. For example when you have played very loose and you want to get a tighter image back. So if I show my cards, I do it with the intention to influence my opponents concerning my "image". I'll never do it to enable my opponents to read me and my play.

N

NKGB13

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Man, simply, you do whatever you want. Want to show it, then show it..

My tip 4 u is. Learn when to show and how to use it. When you do a great play, you must remember that good players are noticing your gameplay, so try to do it on your benefit to fool them a bit. simple as that.

S

SlavaUa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never you'll see card, if one don't wonna your chips))

S

SlavaUa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Man, simply, you do whatever you want. Want to show it, then show it..

My tip 4 u is. Learn when to show and how to use it. When you do a great play, you must remember that good players are noticing your gameplay, so try to do it on your benefit to fool them a bit. simple as that.
For live poker your tips is good but for on-line using HM or some other?

R

reena915

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Show hole cards

Quite often I see a guy saying "Will you show if I fold?" and it's always followed up with a No. A lot of people playing online poker simply set their cards to auto-muck and never show, even when asked.
What the hell? Why are people so against showing their cards now and then? What's so bad about it that people are against it so much?

Well it gives the competition a take on the players strategy at the table. I would like to know what I folded to on occasion but it usually doesn't happen. If shown it may have an affect on the way a player responds to their raises/calls etc.

C

colacho

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think not show their cards to not give you information about how they play their hand because it may be bluffing , I will not particularly show

angelluv725

angelluv725

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will only show my 7-2, unsuited! Win or lose. :D

mariel619

mariel619

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
most people do it to keep players guessing.
i show a lot when its a big hand or i raise and take a pot before the pot,
just to show i wasnt trying to steal the pot

A

Akwind

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
asking questions is a way to find any reads on your opps hands
as well as trying to understand his strategy on showdown

B

benspocket

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well i will show once in a while, special if i know the player but think a lot of players might be bluffing and will go all in, and wont show cards because of that

leandrette

leandrette

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think q is too much information for the table... :)

D

dabest101

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
well the place I play at doesn't matter I can show them and they still call
but big difference in cash in tourney but most of the time I like to use u gotta pay to see

paulinhlt

paulinhlt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
as each has a token, and you see the letters, you can check information about how it plays with these cards.

D

djmg0289

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
djmg

I do not like the showdown, but only when I have a good bluff or a masterful hand :)

N

n8rma

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't show my cards even if i'm bluffing, because i'm trying to stay mysterious as much as it is possible.

paulinhlt

paulinhlt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
certainly, this is the soul of business, you remain mysterious, give less information possible to the opponent

I

ikerman88

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you show much about you game when you showed your cards

H

haystack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you just can't sbut most of the time no.how unless there is a purpose for it sometimes it's good too to make a point

arborest

arborest

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its a tricky one lol. If you show = you are bluffing If you dont want to show = no bluffing. He is simply asking you Do you bluff? You say yes... He calls.. You say no.. He folds.

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Quite often I see a guy saying "Will you show if I fold?" and it's always followed up with a No. A lot of people playing online poker simply set their cards to auto-muck and never show, even when asked.

What the hell? Why are people so against showing their cards now and then? What's so bad about it that people are against it so much?

Playful sumtymes shows a card or two so that when Playful bluffs she is more respected and people tend to fold more easily so that a pot can be won lol:deal:

AAnonimowi

AAnonimowi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is the game of information. If you realise that you're opponent is loose, you have to be careful playing with him. How can you know? Because he gave you that information before, for an ex. betting with 68s UTG pre-flop or calling you bets to complete weak draw. If you know how does he played with those cards against this number of players from this position, you can always get some information. That'd help you read him in future. So he can do against you if you show him your cards. Unless you are Daniel Negreanu :)

mk0523

mk0523

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is no reason to give your opponent any information that they didn't have to pay to see unless you think you can trick them later.

R

richard tarr

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
fold

for me it depends what kind of position im in really if im not catching cards or do i constently bluff