R

RealChaser74

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
get a deck?

best game ever LDO

I do have a deck but i would like to be able to play when I have some down time at work. there is one for Android but it is only local and is painful to play

Grossberger

Grossberger

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks to this thread im now playing chinese poker alllll day on my phone unfortunately i havent found an open face version for android... I think this would be fun just amongst friends but idk about for any kind of real money id be a little iffy haha

Just wondering if anyone has found a version for Android. It is getting old having to use my ipod and hook up to the wifi on my phone.

thanks

Here is link for android https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.chpkapp.chinesepoker.free&hl=en

I love this game we have been playing this for a few years now, started off playing regular Chinese poker then found open face Chinese poker, and now they have open face chinese poker pineapple. In Pineapple you get first 5 cards and place them then each player gets 3 cards and places 2 discards 1. This can only be played 2 or 3 handed.

The one cool thing about this game when playing live is that if playing for money you can play for different amounts. So if 4 players are playing Open face Chinese poker 3 players can play for $1 point while the other plays for $.25 a point, if that player wins they get $.25 per point or they pay $.25 per point the others get and pay $1 point.

I play with a buddy for $.25 a point on the above App. If anyone wants to play for fun I'm Grossberger on the app look me up, I only have the free version, I purchased fantasyland. If your not sure what Fantasyland is if you don't foul your hand and get QQ or better on the top hand you get all 13 cards face down and can place them at once, to stay in fantasy land we play QQ or better on top or Full house or betterin middle or Quads on bottom or better. if you want to play here is how my settings are set up on the app:
Set hand face up
fantasy land

points per line 1
scoop points 3
starting cards 5
passed cards 0

bonuses
top hand
22 = 0
33 = 0
44 = 0
55 = 0
66 = 1
77 = 2
88 = 3
99 = 4
10 10 = 5
JJ = 6
QQ = 7
KK = 8
AA = 9
222 = 10
333 = 11
444 = 12
555 = 13
666 = 14
777 = 15
888 = 16
999 = 17
10 10 10 = 18
JJJ = 19
QQQ = 20
KKK = 21
AAA = 22

Middle hand
one pair = 0
two pair = 0
three of a kind = 0
straight = 4
flush = 8
full house = 12
quads = 20
Straight Flush = 30
Royal Flush = 50

Bottom hand
one pair = 0
two pair = 0
three of a kind = 0
straight = 2
flush = 4
Full house = 6
quads = 10
straight flush = 15
Royal flush = 25

If you purchase fantasy land

Enter fantasy land
top hand QQ

Stay in fantasy land
top hand QQ
middle hand full house
bottom hand four of a kind
If you do send me a game and need security code its 6146 after I accept the game let me know who you are and that your from CC.

Last edited by a moderator:
blakewyte

blakewyte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We play this a lot when we're waiting for other friends/players at house games. Some guys have won a lot of money (most I've heard was 2k) which eventually becomes their bankroll for the night through this. I just get lucky. Never could understand the points system and I hated hated hated fantasy land because 4 out of 5 times I end up with an even crappier card.

Grossberger

Grossberger

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We play this a lot when we're waiting for other friends/players at house games. Some guys have won a lot of money (most I've heard was 2k) which eventually becomes their bankroll for the night through this. I just get lucky. Never could understand the points system and I hated hated hated fantasy land because 4 out of 5 times I end up with an even crappier card.

Not sure what your talking about in regular Open face if you get into fantasy land you get the same 13 cards you would in the next hand just you get to see all at once. It should be dealt out and the other players not in fantasy land should put their cards face down in order and in turn flip the top card place it and so on.

U

Under_EV

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OFC is great fun with your friends, especially in a live environment, but I've never played it against strangers so couldn't comment.

Tony G recently launched a real money OFC site called TonyBet Poker.

blakewyte

blakewyte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure what your talking about in regular Open face if you get into fantasy land you get the same 13 cards you would in the next hand just you get to see all at once. It should be dealt out and the other players not in fantasy land should put their cards face down in order and in turn flip the top card place it and so on.

Ahhh ok wait I had that confused.

There's another fantasy version of OFC that we play where you can discard a card and pick up another card. But you're only allowed to do it like 3 or 4 times if I'm not mistaken.

Sorry!

O

OliverOliver

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've played it live in Vegas during the wsop last year and it was a blast. So much fun. The payouts are a bit confusing at first, but you get the hang of it after a while. The dealers never had any idea about what was going on though, it was pretty funny. They just sat there with a puzzled look on their face the whole time. If you ever have a chance to play it live I would definitely recommend it.

E

Elsawang0119

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually, I think Pineapple is more fun.
Pineapple is just like Open Face Chinese except that:
Each player gets dealt three cards at a timeinstead of getting one at each round, and each player has to place two cards and discard one until a 13 card hand has been made.
When fantasyland happens, you will get dealt with 14 cards and set the hand after discarding one card.
here is a a amazing app for IOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ofc-pineapple/id727702272?ls=1&mt=8
and for Andriod: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.oyechinesepoker.ofc

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Joe and I are totally hooked on the Pineapple version now. We play for .10 a point to make it fun but not crazy.

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What I know is Chinese Poker or call in our dialect "pusoy".

There are strategies here also just like texas holdem poker.

I have many friends who play this game. But beware of those hustlers.

DonV73

DonV73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
TonyBet is the first that offers this game online in real money format

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
its a really fun game, and its nice because you can play it with 2 or 3 people

L

love that omaha

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Open face chinese poker

So I just learned open face chinese poker and was wondering if there are any players on this site with recommendations for the best Apps?

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
think there is a poker site called "grind", they are not open to all jurisdictions but you may want to check it out

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Joe and I play all the time - we use Poker Ace. We play the pineapple version.

X

xRedhood

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does anyone have a legitimate site that allows for freeplay or cheap play to US players?

Maybe a site to an official rules guide?

carloskmargo

carloskmargo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
truth one year I learned to play OFC ago I seemed a very entertaining game brought to mind many unknowns, eager to learn more about this game makes little learned since very few people in Colombia and panama what they knew to play, I play closer the best people to learn to play and Interto know the tips and basic strategies of the game, I hope to learn more you can in what little time to try to be close to my friends in the professional look!

4soul

4soul

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
TonyBet is the first that offers this game online in real money format
Yes , indeed ...but i saw some tables on real money on SuitedAce poker too...

Like the chinese poker a lot..i play daily to make the bk necesary on Tonybet :D