Why do they stay?

G

Gtcsmd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I've played a lot of live, let me tell the cards can fall bad for you there too.

You are certainly correct there but I can also see how a lot of people think it's rigged. Heck just this morning I've had my Pocket Aces cracked by K4 he shoved preflop and then KQ top two pair beat by trip 6s on the river. In a span of like 5 minutes. Also a lot of times you see in tournaments one person amassing a huge stack knocking people out left and right. I'm not saying these sites are rigged but it does come off this way especially if you play online for insane amounts of hours.

I'm having a rough day today I hope it get's better though. I will admit that lately I've been playing far too lose trying to make up for losing with the best of it which I also think effects peoples perception. Like they say you always remember the bad beats but forget your winners!

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You forgot to add 4. It's full of bots. I see this complaint more than anything. Apparently lots of people think the sites use bots to take peoples money which makes no sense to me at all. They have a rake and tourney fees that do that pretty easily enough all ready lol.

they can totally use bots for the same reason many companies prefer a 1000 million dollars profit rather than 100 million dollars profit. im not saying pokerstars is using bots, however these argument about how much money pokerstars is making with rake an fees and that they would never use bots is nonsense. its up to them to run an honest poker site, but how can we be sure that their rng is 100% random and that no pokerstars bots are playing on the site? we just need to trust on the site or stop playing there these are our choices...

LeanAndMean

LeanAndMean

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why is there an assumption that bots win? They always make the same moves that they are programmed to make, how can that be a winning system? Bring on the bots, i say

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why is there an assumption that bots win? They always make the same moves that they are programmed to make, how can that be a winning system? Bring on the bots, i say

if the bots are made by pokerstars then i can guarantee that you are not going to want them....

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
One of the things that I used to hear all the time when I was playing at the lowest stakes possible " I just made a withdrawal. Now Im losing. This site is rigged. I was doing well before the withdrawal. They don't want you to withdrawal. etc."

Haven't heard anything like this in about a year since I moved up a level or two. Anybody understand why?

Because there are way too many bad players in the lower limits who think they are better than they actually are, and if they lose then the site is rigged not that they suck at poker.

Plus, when a player has just cashed out, it means that they must have just had some recent success to have achieved a suitable balance to make a withdrawal. This recent success may have left them feeling a little too sure of themselves. What may have been an incredible run of luck may have them feeling a little overconfident, ****y, if you will. That feeling of being unbeatable can show up in their game and ego can blind them to the mistakes it's causing them to make. Instead they look for other things to blame.

Last edited:
limpnfold88

limpnfold88

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Every room I've ever been in and every forum I've ever been on, I hear the same complaints:

1. It's rigged
2. The software sucks
3. The site is full of donks

If they hate it so much, why do they stay???

Granted, a lot of people with that attitude are easy money. But, frankly, I can do without the negative energy! And, if the payout for an mtt isn't based on the number of entries, I'd rather play against 200 people rather than 400. LOL

I see the same people every day and all they do is gripe about the same stuff.

Okay... I've had MY gripe now! :D

It's a fact that anyone that says online poker is rigged is 100% a fish lol. It's just like when bad players justify losing all the time by saying they just "run bad" lol

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I stay because I want to get back my losses but to no avail, its getting worse.

BobGrayling

BobGrayling

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a fact that anyone that says online poker is rigged is 100% a fish lol. It's just like when bad players justify losing all the time by saying they just "run bad" lol

^^^ YES!

Brought such a huge smile to my face. ;) :D

arizoney

arizoney

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i know that in the US the states that dont have regulated online poker will never know who or what is a legit card room for the simple fact that these sites are not regulated to protect the players from such things we can only guess. now when or if online poker gets regulated by the government or a third party will this make a 100% trustworthy game? heck i dont know but im sure curious to see lol. this is only one reason i play with the attitude its only monopoly money because how numerous sites have preyed upon us without repercussion. shoot black friday wasnt a move by the government to protect the people playing it was over money going in and out of the country without regulation. well i got a little off subject there lol. yup the people that do the complaining of what they have gotten themselves into most likely complain a lot in every aspect of there life "el bummer for them" its like if they where going to get there throat cut they would complain if the knife was rusty lmao. with all the complaints by people and those people keep coming back for more im sure glad they do. oh now i find it entertaining to listen to these people it adds to game lol. so remember people keep the fish coming back for more its good for the game lmao.

A

alexis8888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I continue to play at the rooms, it's just because I want to contest my opinion and to give them another chance but it dosn't work again and again.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I had this guy on my table moaning about william hill, now at first I thought he was moaning about the site having issues as the table wouldn't open and lagged really bad for me. I said to him so you are having issues too... He replied yes then went on to moan about bad beats and how many people wont play there because of how badly the cards falls especially on the river, he then went on to say you should leave now. When I said I don't leave a site because of bad beats as they can happen live too... He said I think I will stick to live and said nothing else... Now as I have a BR well under €1 on WH I was playing a €0.10 and as he was on my table I seriously doubt he is a live poker player just a online wannabee live player like me :D

Last edited:
PLAYINBIG

PLAYINBIG

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think players say things when they have a bad beat and on tilt or in a slump.Guilty of it myself.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
i know that in the US the states that dont have regulated online poker will never know who or what is a legit card room for the simple fact that these sites are not regulated to protect the players from such things we can only guess. now when or if online poker gets regulated by the government or a third party will this make a 100% trustworthy game? heck i dont know but im sure curious to see lol. this is only one reason i play with the attitude its only monopoly money because how numerous sites have preyed upon us without repercussion. shoot black friday wasnt a move by the government to protect the people playing it was over money going in and out of the country without regulation. well i got a little off subject there lol. yup the people that do the complaining of what they have gotten themselves into most likely complain a lot in every aspect of there life "el bummer for them" its like if they where going to get there throat cut they would complain if the knife was rusty lmao. with all the complaints by people and those people keep coming back for more im sure glad they do. oh now i find it entertaining to listen to these people it adds to game lol. so remember people keep the fish coming back for more its good for the game lmao.

Online poker is not rigged - Players have access to their hand history and can tell by the statistics that the game is not rigged.

It is possible for sites to rig their games - However it is impossible for the sites to get away with it.

If the sites wanted to cheat you out of your money they would pull a Lock poker and run away with $15+ Million dollars of player money. There is no reason for the unregulated sites to rig their games if they can just take and run.

arizoney

arizoney

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Online poker is not rigged - Players have access to their hand history and can tell by the statistics that the game is not rigged.

It is possible for sites to rig their games - However it is impossible for the sites to get away with it.

If the sites wanted to cheat you out of your money they would pull a Lock poker and run away with $15+ Million dollars of player money. There is no reason for the unregulated sites to rig their games if they can just take and run.

excuse me S3mper lmao

Bob23bk

Bob23bk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well i would like to know how pokerstars RNG works. I dont know if pokerstars or any other pokersites are rigged or not however i really think pokerstars should do more to prove that their RNG software is 100% random. Like being audited by an independant company not just cigital

Actually the information can be found on pokerstars HERE (verified by independent third parties with accreditation based on multiple ISO standards!)

im one of them that SCREAM rigged and I know its rng run but I am just taking out frustrations of loosing hand and so are the rest of them so we come back to try again and cry some more

There will always be whiners that complain about it being rigged. These are the same people not complaining about the rigged site when they win the 20 v 80's

Haha I do this sometimes too. I know it's not rigged and know it's RNG

Everybody gets a bad beat sometimes but I just say, "That's Poker" LOL !!

I've played a lot of live, let me tell the cards can fall bad for you there too

recent success may have left them feeling a little too sure of themselves. What may have been an incredible run of luck may have them feeling a little overconfident, lucky, if you will. That feeling of being unbeatable can show up in their game and ego can blind them to the mistakes it's causing them to make. Instead they look for other things to blame.

I think players say things when they have a bad beat and on tilt or in a slump.Guilty of it myself.

TBH I think we are all guilty of that at some point :)

^^^^^^^^^^^

+1 to everyone quoted!

If you have bold in your quote, +10 for admitting fault! I am just as guilty (if not more) than the rest of you... In fact, every poker player is guilty of this, and it is a crucial step in advancing your understanding of the game :)

X

Xmaster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's always the same story. There are always people with a bad attitude. I try to ignore them. In the long run it's better for you! ;)