Why do so many poker players have a victim mentality?

A

ACR Rep

AmericasCardroom Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have been guilty of this victim complex on thr winning network. I for the life of me, can not understand how I have no money on that site, I play well, when I lose in my games they are 75 percent horrible beats... some are bad plays. I am seriously thinking about leaving there, as they do not do anything for their bad customer service, and their horrible connectivity issues. I am happy where I am at now, and will continue to move forward and play at Bovada.... I didnt want to leave but I think on onday I am done with the winning network. can not deal with it...

Hello,

We will be more than glad to provide you with the details of your hand histories. Indeed we appreciate our customer's complains due to this help us to be better.

If you have any particular complain please remember that we are more than glad to assist you.

Also you can send me a PM with the details of your last experiencience so we can properly escalate your request.

Again, we appreciate every single customer business!

Julieta Borghi

Julieta Borghi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker has grown a lot but I don't think all the knowledge is out there.
I think a lot of people wants easy money and don't study enough to have a good strategy. All they do is copy strategies from an unknown source.
You need to apply and be smart. Not just follow a book if instructions.

And I don't know much about chess...but my boyfriend is a chess player and he tells me that it's not able yet to solve chess wih a computer. Only a few limited moves.

veronica

veronica

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the mentality is accompanied by the amount of money we have in our account to play , if I have enough money to pay an entry of a tournament and play and at the same losing with pocket aces, and then I record in another and another and another , would not affect me so much that if I just lose myself in the only tournament to be played .. that would be frustrating , there are many players who play poker and bingo abundance money .. but if they are 9 players and only nine are in the same conditions, surely we all Volveriamos experts and surely all would play with good hands ..- . You must know how to handle that.

Havik

Havik

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"Poker nowdays are dead, there is no money"
"Everybody nowdays are pros, poker is dead"
"All the knowledge is out there, so how could one possible still suck-no money"
"If i play i will lose everything"
"If i play i will lose everything and then die"

Is it just "normal victims" who happen to play poker or are those players drawn to poker as flies are drawn to cowshit?
You don't see chessplayers crying about how much knowledge there is out there, chess is even "solved" by computers. People are still going through education, even if there already are educated people out there..People are still going to lawschool even if there already are experts on the current law.

Are the just as common as in other areas in life or are victims especially drawn to poker?
Is it the bad beats/tilt which starts this emotalk or is it because people are delusional just as anyone who buy a lotteryticket, and then when they see when they don't get their win the starts to whine, because there delusions gets crushed?

Well poker is still somewhat illegal. That does stop most casuals from playing. Times are also hard and mentally poker can be very frustrating to the point you need to blame something for your bad play.

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It's not just poker players. The whole world is infested with victim and me first mentalities.