Why do I find K/10 in my hand so alluring???

W

whitetailbuck10

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
So the last few weeks I have been seeing (or at least remembering) a lot of K/T on and off suit pre flop...... every time I see it now I get this strange rush of "oh yes here I go with a power hand"...... luckily I take a few seconds and look at my position before jumping on that instinct..... But WHY does my brain keep thinking that is such a great hand???? It is such a scary hand because you are in the middle of everything but my brain wants to jump all over it........ does anyone else have anything like this happen to them??

julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi KTs. it's a good hand but it's very vulnerable you have to know how to fold it. in time because it can lead you to lose many times

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Marc, I think you got a crush! 🤣

But that's okay. 🤪

Haha maybe you have won a few nice pots with them recently and have good memories about the hand?

I don't really recall any hand I get very excited when I see it. Maybe some monsters like KK or AA but who wouldn't? Unfortunately that happens too rarely recently. 😛

S

Sopt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SI
Chips
It's one of those good/risky hands that isn't that easy to play but can net you quite some $$. Personally I like playing it from late positions and defending blinds with it, but as it was said already, you must really know when to fold it.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
So the last few weeks I have been seeing (or at least remembering) a lot of K/T on and off suit pre flop...... every time I see it now I get this strange rush of "oh yes here I go with a power hand"...... luckily I take a few seconds and look at my position before jumping on that instinct..... But WHY does my brain keep thinking that is such a great hand???? It is such a scary hand because you are in the middle of everything but my brain wants to jump all over it........ does anyone else have anything like this happen to them??

I always get that feeling especially when they are suited, I remember once on-line I was in a tough spot with less than 10 BBs left and moved all-in with K/10 of Hearts, BOOM! the flop gave me my very first Royal Flush and I was laughing as the other 2 players were battling over the pot betting on the flop turn and river trying to get each other off it.
Nice treble up and finished on the FT.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We could start a support group for you!

Or we could start a new poker variant where KT wins automatically.

The truth is that KT can work magic.....but depending on how many callers or raisers there are preflop - it could also be a trouble hand.

There - I said it!

yetbam

yetbam

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
Honestly, I would never go all in with K 10, unless I dominated the table in chips or was in an advantageous position against the SB and BB, it is the same case with JJ, that hand is the one that gives me the most distrust of playing all in

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
From love to hate is just one step!!! It's worth losing important hands with this hand several times and you will have completely different associations))) So it's better not to lose your head from the very beginning, so that later there will be no negative memories!!!

J

jacama

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CZ
Chips
I have the same feeling. Recently I found out that only Aces and pocket pairs makes sense to play.. Kings and the rest always loose against Aces..Sometimes Kings but still..
And also found out that tight still is the most effective(MTT - tournaments). Try to open it up and always loose...Favorite Hand: Ax-suited, Ax, pairs.

GrEbZ2021

GrEbZ2021

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Each player has his own hand that he likes, I like it very much J10

J

jacama

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CZ
Chips
I like JT top, but did not bring me much profit.. :)

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands