whether it is possible to make a living at poker

romych007

romych007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course , if you have good poker skills , and will improve your game constantly working hard on a themselves

S

snowsifter

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It is definitly possible. Practice, Practice, Practice,....you will eventually learn how to deal with certain situations when they come up. For example the right amount to bet to have people call or the right amount to bet to make those donks fold. They will of course always be the bad beat. Nothing you can do about that happens to everyone. You can make some serious money if you put the time and effort in to it. Word of advice always keep that job and use this as a supplementary income. You never know when another black friday might come.

B

bnasp2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I know many ppl making steady and sometimes great income in online poker.
But only those working hard and clever are making good or better income.
And honestly, if you are clever and working hard, there are many other ways to make same or better money.

So its a way how to make living, but Im quite sure its not easiest or wealthiest way for most of ppl.

Still it can be fun, you have to decide.

or3o1990

or3o1990

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I know many ppl making steady and sometimes great income in online poker.
But only those working hard and clever are making good or better income.
And honestly, if you are clever and working hard, there are many other ways to make same or better money.

So its a way how to make living, but Im quite sure its not easiest or wealthiest way for most of ppl.

Still it can be fun, you have to decide.

So true. I enjoy playing poker 30 hours a week but it doesn't seem like I'm going to be a millionaire anytime soon.

I always wonder how it is so many young pros got the money to play the stakes they do. I assume most of them were already rich or have rich backers..

alittlepoker

alittlepoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No at least not for me i dont have the cash you no it takes cash to make cash im not that cleaver and dont have the time to put into it

army-ninja

army-ninja

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are really good, then yes. If you are pretty good and play against real rich loose crappy players, then yes :)

C

cogath

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can start by making some extra pocket money. That's definitely possible. Having a hobby that pays anything isn't bad. My reckoning is that my hourly poker earnings would need to be 2-3 times my hourly wages before I could afford to play for a living and allow for downswings, sickness, holidays etc.

ccocco

ccocco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
everything is possible if you put your mind. learn to play good poker, and play a lot .. if you play well and you got a little luck .. .. Might fulfill that dream .. luck!

bradfordzilla

bradfordzilla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think i could live healthy on $2 - $300 a day, play 5 days a week. my problem is i get up and open my range and try to gamble a little bit. lose it right back down to were i started.