What % of people who play poker can make a living from it alone?

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I don't think we honestly will ever know an answer to this one but I would say one person out of every maybe 50,000 is making a living playing poker but to be honest I wouldn't be surprised if it was closer to 1 in 100,000.

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
What % of people who play poker can make a living from it ?
Well, a lot depends on an individual's needs. Someone likes to eat delicious food and needs more money than another person who chooses cheaper food. Well, to earn money from time to time on poker - there are no surprises in this, everyone can. Anyone can become a successful player if he or she doesn't invest real money in poker. Can anyone who invests money in poker be successful? Of course not. :unsure:

R.Melnyk77

R.Melnyk77

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think no more than 20%, although I do not have exact data. But once I read somewhere that only 7-8% of players are profitable, that is, those who make a living playing the game. Unfortunately, I am not among those 8% yet.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Yes, very few players make money only by playing poker, mostly we all lose at poker and only the poker site itself makes money with us all, and sometimes we win poker and enjoy life, and how many players lose every day so just play for poker money and not your own

Gdefender

Gdefender

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Very few people make a living from poker (professionals) ...Mostly the professional players are sponsored, so they can afford to lose, even then they won't end up on the street because of it..... The situation is different with average people! We can't lose all our money, because no one will refuel with money, unfortunately.....

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Only about 10% of players are winning in the long run. So a "guestimate" is that maybe 1% can win so much that they can be called professional.

In Western countries maybe as few as 0.1% if we compare it to a normal job.

mr.fers_one

mr.fers_one

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
everything is approximate... 10 percent earns, 50 percent plays zero, the rest play minus)))

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I honestly don't know how many, but unfortunately I'm not one of them.
I believe that purely playing poker is quite complex, but by adding value such as streaming, receiving some sponsorship from websites, I believe it is more accessible.

ninocabral

ninocabral

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe it is a low number, not many people are willing to study hard and dedicate themselves solely to poker

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It is necessary to know first how many poker players there are on the planet, maybe we will be able to have an approximation, but it would not be many players, the percentage would be minimal

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
I believe it is a low number, not many people are willing to study hard and dedicate themselves solely to poker
because poker is a game of patience and mind and not only that...it's a very easy and very hard game!

B

bababooey

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
They say that around 10% of players are winners but this can take in all stake levels.

To make enough to make a living would discount all the lower stake players/grinders so probably closer to 1% making a living,, also depends where you live I suppose

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi :)
10% I think no more. Making money playing poker is not easy, but I would guess that one out of ten players can actually make money.

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I remember reading a poker article once and it said that about 5% of players play in a stable plus, a large part of them play and lose constantly, and a small part of them stay close to zero.

amonlima

amonlima

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't know the percentage, but I know it's minimal

fryderyk

fryderyk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Regardless of the country or even the whole world, the result will be residual, maybe 0.0000001%.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Whatever it is, I’m out of this percentage.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think only 10-15% of players can actually be considered profitable. Making money playing poker is difficult, but it is real.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
As far as I know, less than 10% of players play in plus, and even fewer fully cover their needs in money, since playing in plus does not mean that there is enough money to cover all needs!!!

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
It’s more pleasant to live by playing than to get up every day at 7 am, trudge to the office, and go on business trips. Many players make this choice.Some of them go with the flow, others have caught their luck by the tail.In poker, almost everything depends on skill. And only 10-15% of players win. The same number play for zero or earn only from bonuses. The remaining part goes into minus.

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that 5 percent of players live only on income from poker...