what makes a grinder a grinder?

dwolfg

dwolfg

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A grinder is one who uses the fundamentals and the math of the game to win over the deep and complex plays that others employ.

S

skyin452

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Grinder-an electric tool used either verticaly or horizontaly with an abrasive disk to smooth off rough surfaces!!

F

fx20736

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lots of good responses.

Me, I'm a grinder, grinding 5nl fr right now, 40k-50k hands/ month.

ruth99

ruth99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well...that answered a question for me that I have been wondering about for 10 years...believe me....I am no grinder...too few patience

B

_BadaBing_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with BoltPoker and add to that staying up 24/7 for several days in a row, not caring about meals other than an occasional opened can of food at meal times to scoff quickly on breaks :) oh yeah and the zombie thing is perfect because you block out everything and everyone around you while in the all consuming zone :)

S

stuedoopoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say when you focus on one type of game and you really put the hours in and win of course. Also somebody who can take a bad beat and think nothing of it.

S

slimez

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel a grinder is a player who understands that solid play + volume > short term variance.

He just keeps putting in hour after hour, day after day, month after month until he looks up at the end of the year and sees a significant profit.

A grinder is one who uses the fundamentals and the math of the game to win over the deep and complex plays that others employ.

These two comments are the best definitions of a grinder to me. Understanding the math and playing solid poker according to the math will always win in the long run regardless of the short term results. I like these two mostly.