Time Bank Near the Bubble

J

jj20002

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it´s not unfair since every player has the same time bank, so i think is a matter of using every resource in your favor, that is poker is a game where you are playing against all the remaining players, so if you can use this against others (and others can use it against you) is ok because is part of the game an within the rules, so is not that you are cheating, and by the other hand there is something called hand by hand which prevent in someway the delay of the game

dealio96

dealio96

The LAG Monkeys
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To all the players who still timeout while playing hand for hand.... It is not benefitting you at all. You are still seeing the same amount of hands and being charged the same amount of blinds/antes as every other remaining player in the tournament. While you are timing out, every player(every table) is waiting on you to complete your hand!! You are getting nowhere except decreasing value in your stack while the blind level is increasing.

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No sense to temporize time when approaching ITM, better more stealing , many players in micro limit play very tight., and this is a good situation for stealing..

You can only delay time when the prize ticket... and u have short stack..

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To all the players who still timeout while playing hand for hand.... It is not benefitting you at all. You are still seeing the same amount of hands and being charged the same amount of blinds/antes as every other remaining player in the tournament. While you are timing out, every player(every table) is waiting on you to complete your hand!! You are getting nowhere except decreasing value in your stack while the blind level is increasing.

I believe most people get this.

buzzmania

buzzmania

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well i run the clock especially short stacked near the bubble in hopes of getting itm and personally it has worked more times than not.yes it pisses some off but it my dollar at stake....

scorpion1367

scorpion1367

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm just glad you guys are all giving away secrets about what gets you tilted....lol.If you tilt that easy maybe you should be fixing that leak.......scorp

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
lol calm down for your own good......
well it depends, some players just want to cash in MTT, i know its not the right strategy, but thats how it is especially when you are short stack.
I have done this myself, not because i wanted but because every short stack player on the tables stall as well, so if i play faster as i really want.. guess what? i wont probably win a single dollard. so in order to make things fair tables should be playing hand for hand when there are at least 4 or 5 players left to be ITM, even 9 players would be great especially on large field tourneys. keep the time bank, but make hand for hand tables sooner.

RAGAAHHHAHHH RAAHH!!! <---- What makes you think I'm not calm?

well i run the clock especially short stacked near the bubble in hopes of getting itm and personally it has worked more times than not.yes it pisses some off but it my dollar at stake....

You shouldn't be doing this ESPECIALLY when short stacked. When you are short stacked you need to be the one pushing the action (in the right spots) and you should want to see as many hands as possible.

In tournaments the money is in the top 3 to 4 spots and this is where you need to try to get, when you are short stacked you need to be trying to get yourself in a position to win the tournament even if that means getting knocked out before you get ITM.

You don't cash often enough for it to be profitable to be min cashing.

I'm just glad you guys are all giving away secrets about what gets you tilted....lol.If you tilt that easy maybe you should be fixing that leak.......scorp

When people go all in when I have the nuts I tilt like crazy, if we are ever at a table together please don't tilt me like this =)

:D :D

wanderingthehall

wanderingthehall

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First, I don't think the time bank should be eliminated. I will have random connection issues where my connection is dropped for maybe 30-60 sec, but then add on reconnect time and sometimes it causes problems with the software, so I have to restart the client. That time bank has saved my butt, especially when the tables are short stacked and short handed (which is normal on the bubble). I like it when sites have an extra time bank that is your total of extra time, and once you run through it that's it, you don't get the extra time every hand.

As for when hand for hand should start, I think it should be based off the number of players. If 10 places get paid, starting it 1 or 2 from the bubble makes sense and nothing more is necessary. I've occasionally seen sites do 2 away from the bubble in this situation, which seems more fair than one away since the tables are evenly balanced at this point. But, if you're in a big MTT, where several hundred places get paid, it makes a lot more sense to start hand for hand when you are still a few players away from the bubble. There is just so much action going on with so many tables that needs to be balanced out to make it "fair".

As far as actually stalling on the bubble, I feel different about it depending on how many players are left. I very rarely do it myself, but "generally" don't mind when other players do it. If I'm one of the shortest stacks, say less than 5-6 bbs, I really hate stallers. I need a spot to double up, and they're just increasing the amount I'll have to pay in blinds when they come around. I also want to keep playing at normal speed if I have a decent stack, but I don't mind it when others stall. The time when I want everyone to stall is when I'm short stacked (5-15 bbs) where I have just enough chips to make a move, but I'm not short stacked enough to risk blinding out. I don't believe in folding hands I would normally shove on the bubble, just to make a min cash. So I bubble quite a few tourneys. If the table is stalling... I'm less at risk for bubbling when I could have made that min cash. This is especially true if I know there are very short stacks at other tables, or if there are players at other tables that are sitting out that are relatively close to blinding out.

ccocco

ccocco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
time actually served if you got to do calculus of probabilities, either mentally or with any program, for that is the time when online poker and live poker is to get mentally, also in line thinking that players playing in 10 or more tables at once, some take the opportunity to spend time as you said, but hey, patience is one of the qualities that should be a poker player, I think ...

WeenieSVK

WeenieSVK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
seriously whos not slowplaying if you have like 2 BB left on bubble? :) Theres not too much you can do if you getting trash hands, only take your time and wish that somebody will get out before you. You can say its not the most fair play ever, but you are playing it for money not to be the most fair play player out there right? :D

removing time bank on bubble is bullsh1t, cause there can be players in tournament who will need that time when they are facing hard decisions.. It can happen on bubble too lol.

M

Madness_does

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well look at it this way, if they can do it you can too. Just make it work to your advantage.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
lol If you have 2BB you're not playing right.. Unless of course you made a call and lost and only were left with 2BB in which case I'm still looking to double or triple up and then either be happy or regret my decision as I get KO'd lol

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
im going to bump these thread, im still believing poker sites shouldnt give players so much time to act when there are few players to cash. the game becames painfully slow and as blinds increase your m ratio highly decrease making it almost an all in or fold game after the bubble explodes. The best solution would be to eliminate the time bank or give players an extra 10 or 15 seconds after your time expires so even if your time bank is like 90 seconds you can only use 10 or 15 seconds of extra time on every hand and not the whole 90 seconds.

Last edited:
X

Xmaster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is of course annoying, but sometimes it's the only way to get through the bubble..

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i would like that the tournament clock stops every time a player uses the time bank near the bubble, if blinds time dont increase when a player takes 60 or 90 seconds to act then i wouldnt mind too much the excessive use of time every player makes near the bubble.

arizoney

arizoney

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
time banks are there for everybody to use how they see fit so it doesnt matter who when or why. but one thing i think would be a good idea when it gets to hand for hand is to freeze the clock for the blind levels. oh yea how about the sites that dont have hand for hand yup there out there check that out. oh is it proper to stall in a sng when you have a triple the stack of most players on the table. to stall to intentionally raise the blinds to cause short stacks to play sub par hands lol have you ever heard of that lmao? its just part of the online poker with all kinds of different strategies for all kinds of different situations that one might experience in the good ol online poker as we see it.

M

MPaz_87

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Abolish no, but maybe reduced a little. Off course short stacks take advantage of time and it's annoying if you DO have chips to pass the bubble, but if you don't then you'll buy some time too.
It's fair and it's not bad for me, it's a move and it's allowed.

WhereDidMyEVGo

WhereDidMyEVGo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the problem is that the amount of time allowed to act is excessive. Not even taking into account time banks. Anyone whos played a HU sng against someone who times all the way down before every action knows what I mean.

S

sryImPro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i really think time bank should be abolish in that stage of the tournament because players take advantage by running the time off, and wait for the other players to get eliminated, and i dont think thats fair at all. why pokerstars, full tilt or any other poker site give players so much time to act knowing they will use this time for their own advantage, and to disfavour others? also hand for hand should start when they are 4 or 5 players remaining not just one or two but thats just my opinion,

Speaking of which, poker stars sent me a warning message once because i used a timebank and too much time to act on certain tournaments, they said that they will bann me if i continue to play like that. To be honest, i didn't know that it's against the rules until than...

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Speaking of which, Poker Stars sent me a warning message once because i used a timebank and too much time to act on certain tournaments, they said that they will bann me if i continue to play like that. To be honest, i didn't know that it's against the rules until than...

i also didnt know that pokerstars will ban players for abusing the time bank. i think its really unfair to do that because they allow players to take a lot of time to act and if pokerstars dont want that why do they let players do that? why dont they just reduce or eliminate the time bank near the bubble?
people will take lots of time to act because they can, and its pokerstars responsibility to eliminate the time bank, or reduce it near the bubble to ensure that players dont take an excessive amount of time to play.

toots babos

toots babos

ex-tornament grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Speaking of which, Poker Stars sent me a warning message once because i used a timebank and too much time to act on certain tournaments, they said that they will bann me if i continue to play like that. To be honest, i didn't know that it's against the rules until than...

I'm a non believer of this story

yeezus

yeezus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is just a tool to use at our disposal. I do utilize this at times when its beneficial. I do not think that suspending the time bank will be the right thing to do because then people will just dc since it gives extra time as well.

M

MaxMill

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If its close to the money if someone is using time banks I have no problem with that what so ever.. But if its table for table that is a bit obnoxious.. But if you have played for so long already.. Let them help you get in the money easier =D

WhereDidMyEVGo

WhereDidMyEVGo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've heard this story from more people. But i also don't believe it. It is not against the rules.

Ive heard it before as well under the context I described above. A hu player who perpetually times all the way down each action on purpose receiving a warning that its against the spirit of the rules.

The time meter and time bank are there to be utilized but I do believe players who abuse them should be warned and dealt with if necessary.