Three Pairs

R

rigor mortis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There appears to be a move afoot to introduce changes to Holdem poker. How about three pairs as a winning hand on 6+ Poker? Where would it fit in the hierarchy of hands as three pairs is not a common hand? I can only think of two permutations to get this result; either you start with a pair in the hole and two pairs turn up in the community cards, or you start off with two individual cards, pair them and another pair turns up. Any takers?

S

Sprockett

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont like this idea at all. Poker is a five card game and if you introduce a six card, you change the hole game. This would also raise a lot of new situations. What if you get a six card straight or flush. How good is that? And what about "bigger" houses (as in 555 999). I think this would just make the game complicated, and very hard to learn and again attract new players

Just my 2 cents

RiverLord90

RiverLord90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Idk man, that seems to be changing too much since it's always been best of 5 cards. Adding a single 6 card hand would mess up the balance of things.

If you did that, then you'd have to start adding in more 6 card hands to the point of making it a new game format entirely.

odo333

odo333

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not think it's a good idea. Do not change what works well

VIP_TARIFF

VIP_TARIFF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also do not understand the author in this thread. What are three pairs in poker? There are standards that we adhere to.

Mmurilove

Mmurilove

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This seems confusing and scary to me in many ways. At this point I think I'm still traditional, leave our game as it is.

TeamPainter

TeamPainter

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, I agree. Leave that type of jackassery of microstakes freerolls, lol :)

R

rigor mortis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It was a tongue in cheek post, however you do not get a sixth card. You still have two hole cards and five community ones, seven cards in total, Go figure.

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why not add an ocean card that comes after the river card while we are at it? Then I could get sucked out on even more!

bbennie1

bbennie1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I got quads with a pair....no that's not gonna work. It's like making the goals in football bigger so they score more goals. Keep it as is.

M

Millie232

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with other comments: poker is a five card game. If you want to introduce a sixth card and make three pairs possible, make a different variation of poker and see how it goes (I doubt it'll pick up).

an9312

an9312

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
they may make a new game in the future, ill pass on it tho...

D

Deemajor44

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yall never heard of a south carolina 3 pair? Oh yeah its a heavy hand hard to beat hahha use to joke around in jail about the south carolina 3 pair had em going!! LOL :cool:

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with many forum members in the comments, I played this game and I didn’t like it, I prefer to play normal hold'em, or when pokerstars was playing regular hold'em but with open discarded cards and I liked it

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not a very big fan of new varients of poker online it adds to many choices.I think you eventually just spread the field so wide into different games. That you eventually end up with very small player pools playing each game type.I'm glad to see the smaller more recreational sites moving to rewards based incentives.And removing speed poker and taking it back to basics with a few varients like omaha and holdem.While the big sites like pokerstars i dont mind speed poker because it attracts all reg's and leaves the regular tables with more recreational players. But surely we have enough varients of the game to choose from now without introducing any more.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for my part I do not hang and I did not even want to try to play in this configuration. in my opinion it will not attract many players.

ANATOLII1981

ANATOLII1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
three pairs

Is it possible to collect three pairs in poker? No, no, and again no, there is no concept of "three pairs" in any list of gaming combinations. There is nothing surprising in this, because classic poker disciplines have one common condition - the combination is made up of 5 cards, and how many three pairs? True - 6. What makes such a combination a priori impossible in most types of poker. I don’t think that this is even possible and even theoretically likely. Hold'em. Then you have to come up with some other features and differences. Although, it would probably be cool

in Hold'em, we have 7 cards at once. And in Omaha, each player has four cards in his hands, and five more are on the table — that is, in the end, nine! however, when building a combination, only five cards are always counted. Moreover, in Hold'em it can be any five cards, and in Omaha there must be two cards from those that you have on your hands, and three cards - from those that are on the table.:secruity::secruity::secruity:

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All combinations in poker are based on five cards and this combination does not fit in any way. I think that the third couple has no influence on the result determining the winner.

R

r21sp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you don’t need to change anything at all in poker! just return the rakeback)))