Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
just remember to not play for stakes that it would hurt you to loose. At that point it is not fun. so keep it fun and play the game.
But for me it hurts when I lose any game :( Whether it be 1cent, $1, $100, or playchips... it hurts losing any of them.

bellevuelimo

bellevuelimo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Are there friends in poker?
I ask this cos I have played on a small poker site for a few years now and I play there cos I know most of the players on there and as we play we have a chat and a laugh.
Anyhow tonight I sucked out on a player I have played against for years and he started saying I didnt know how to play poker and was just the same as most players on this site, this is a player I always say HI to and GL, NH etc.
I was shocked and was playing just after this and I told the players on the table what had happened and said that I thought that player "X" who had abused me, was a friend, and a player I know said "is there really any friends in poker?"
I said to him that of course I want to win money but I dont consider the players I play against as enemies, win or lose I aint gonna hate them, but this got me thinking is there really friends in poker?
I like to think yes, I play in tourneys against CC members and win or lose I still consider them friends, I cant hate someone cos I'v win or lose a hand of poker.
I dont think a place like CC would exist if there wasnt such a thing as friends in poker, In the CC freerolls or the CC league of course I always want to win but I aint gonna dislike someone cos they beat me or I beat them.
I would go so far as to say if you had to "dislike" someone to play poker against them I would pack up playing, poker to me as to everyone who plays is about winning money , but it is also about enjoying myself and if I enjoy chatting with people and over the months get to consider them friends am I wrong?

People do tend to get way too emotional over playing cards, and that can be disturbing to the people they go off on. I believe a lot of people that I have met on the felt are friends, albeit not the type of friends as in the physical sense such as at work or in a golf or baseball league.

On the table there are those who feel anyone who calls their raise is a bad player, what's with that? Especially in Hold'em any 2 cards can win, many times it only takes 1. With any sort of gambling there are no guarantees.

Like everyone, I like to cash in any game or tournament, but the reason I play poker is for entertainment. In short, do not let anyone’s lack of stability deter you from the enjoyment you have while playing cards.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I beat you, you can be my friend, If you beat me, I will seek you out and puncture your tires........;)

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
THERE ARE NO FRIENDS IN POKER but I play poker with many good friends

S

sryImPro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think i can be a friendly a game and we all should work on that...i hate those people who swear when they lose,i'm not saying that they should be happy about it,just too make this game more gentlemanly as it should be in first place...and it could make us friends,why not...

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
THERE ARE NO FRIENDS IN POKER but I play poker with many good friends
well put
i think i can be a friendly a game and we all should work on that...i hate those people who swear when they lose,i'm not saying that they should be happy about it,just too make this game more gentlemanly as it should be in first place...and it could make us friends,why not...
"friendly"... & "friends" are two different things

S

sryImPro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well put

lol,it's really cute to chase me and correct me all the time,cause i'm sure that you are doing that :D...keep in mind that i speak 6 langauges and i can't speak all 100 % correctly...Be tolerant please...and you have to admit that "friends" and " friendly" are very close terms...Be friend :):tee:

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

lol,it's really cute to chase me and correct me all the time,cause i'm sure that you are doing that :D...keep in mind that i speak 6 langauges and i can't speak all 100 % correctly...Be tolerant please...and you have to admit that "friends" and " friendly" are very close terms...Be friend :):tee:
What? (as in 'what are you talking about here'). I can't ever recall responding to any of your posts actually, especially in regards to 'translation' stuff. Perhaps you're taking this too personally?
Also, the reason I wrote this > "friends" and "friendly" are two different things, is because one is in reference to 'playing with friends', the other (friendly) suggests 'playing in a particular manner' aka 'to play 'friendly'' & from reading your post it sounded to me like you were talking about 'keeping a game friendly'. My understanding of OP's post was about 'playing poker with friends'. There actually is a big difference.

S

sryImPro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's ok Poker orifice ;)i have allready explained where was the problem ;)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
it's ok Poker orifice ;)i have allready explained where was the problem ;)
Cool! (okay). It seems (appears) as if we've perhaps both misunderstood each other a bit. a.k.a. > seems it was mutual

S

sryImPro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:D...like we were speaking at two different languages lol

noW

noW

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Friends in poker? I don't think so.

Its you against the world mate.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Rethinking this;

Up until the point comes where you realize your buddy is a poker player, then he will be the evil competition, and thus not a 'friend'.

Once you realize your buddy is indeed a poker player, and at least a fair player to boot, then regardless of the stakes, you can develop true friendship. But that also requires each of us to understand what true friendship really means.

It does not mean your buddy has to blindly support you, be your peon, lick your boots. It does mean that you, and your buddy will have the obligation to correct you/him when either is wrong. So when you bluff shove that 93o into your buddy, it is his DUTY, to correct you.......:eek:

That is true friendship.......:cool:

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am finding friends in poker to be very rare. Still looking for a poker friend. Lot's of guys I am friendly with, talk about hands with and all that. Oh sure they will tell me I need to play like they do and how their strategy is what I should be following, but would one of those bastards let me know if they picked up a tell on me? That is a friend I do not yet know.

M

mesterek_men

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
People do tend to get way too emotional over playing cards, and that can be disturbing to the people they go off on. I believe a lot of people that I have met on the felt are friends, albeit not the type of friends as in the physical sense such as at work or in a golf or baseball league.

On the table there are those who feel anyone who calls their raise is a bad player, what's with that? Especially in Hold'em any 2 cards can win, many times it only takes 1. With any sort of gambling there are no guarantees.

Like everyone, I like to cash in any game or tournament, but the reason I play poker is for entertainment. In short, do not let anyone’s lack of stability deter you from the enjoyment you have while playing cards.

:)

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always try to talk at the tables if I possibly can. Saying NH or GG or whatever. I feel if I seem like a nice guy at the table, players will be less likely to call me or raise at me or whatever.

It's kind of like helping old people across the road with their shopping, while picking their pockets.

I have no idea of the intention of this thread, sorry if this is a derail, but i urge everyone to keep players happy, it has obvious benefits. Stop berating players, it only benefits the guy getting berated.

essambb

essambb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
at the table i play there is poeple that i know and i can buy them a drink after playing but on the table there money is good as the other guy as if he has a hand he want be kind to me and it is fair game both ways
but there is some poeple r very close friends to me that if i see them at the table i want play at that tableas i cant take his money but only my best friends

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I actually do have one "poker friend" I can play with that will tell me if I'm doing or did something wrong and is truly interested in seeing me become a better player - my poker coach. But I just wouldn't count a guy as a true friend if he is more inclined to take advantage of me rather than help me. Sure, take me money for the moment - but clue me in later on.

thatguyfromqueens

thatguyfromqueens

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If someone gets mad because u beat them then they arent your friend. If you're playing poker money should be your only friend in that moment.

A

ariesj11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are there friends in poker?
I ask this cos I have played on a small poker site for a few years now and I play there cos I know most of the players on there and as we play we have a chat and a laugh.
Anyhow tonight I sucked out on a player I have played against for years and he started saying I didnt know how to play poker and was just the same as most players on this site, this is a player I always say HI to and GL, NH etc.
I was shocked and was playing just after this and I told the players on the table what had happened and said that I thought that player "X" who had abused me, was a friend, and a player I know said "is there really any friends in poker?"
I said to him that of course I want to win money but I dont consider the players I play against as enemies, win or lose I aint gonna hate them, but this got me thinking is there really friends in poker?
I like to think yes, I play in tourneys against CC members and win or lose I still consider them friends, I cant hate someone cos I'v win or lose a hand of poker.
I dont think a place like CC would exist if there wasnt such a thing as friends in poker, In the CC freerolls or the CC league of course I always want to win but I aint gonna dislike someone cos they beat me or I beat them.
I would go so far as to say if you had to "dislike" someone to play poker against them I would pack up playing, poker to me as to everyone who plays is about winning money , but it is also about enjoying myself and if I enjoy chatting with people and over the months get to consider them friends am I wrong?
I think you can have friends in poker but you will find they are only friendly in freerolls and sometimes low stakes cash games. There is always gonna be arguments when money is involved.