M

MF.Brn

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Today I don't have any more superstitions, but in the past when I started playing I had to start listening to a song, “Fisherman of Illusions” by Rappa.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
its like a spanish reggae song, really cool

Dimidrol2

Dimidrol2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Yes, I have a superstition, although maybe it's just a combination of circumstances or similar situations are more memorable.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't have any kind of superstitions, if I believe that everything will work out, it's superstition, then I'm superstitious

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I just play more cautiously at the beginning, observing... i wouldn't call that a superstition

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Does anyone have any superstitions about how to play a hand, tournament etc>
I don't play in a pattern. I can limp, I can raise, I can bluff, I can just suddenly want to watch a movie and start playing super aggressively, I can change my mind to play aggressively. My game can't be logical at all. And I like that. :)

Dzill_230

Dzill_230

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have always considered myself not superstitious, but some of my actions suggest the opposite. In terms of playing certain hands or having favorite cards - no, it all depends on the situation. But when it comes to talking about plans, I've noticed that as soon as I verbalize what I'm planning and hear wishes for success, the opposite happens. That's why in most cases I try not to voice my plans out loud. In general, I don't think we should focus on this too much - a lot depends on the mood you approach the game with, you need to rest - then all superstitions don't work. Amulets and other trinkets are for the insecure. I try to look at all these predictions and omens with a smile.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi :)
I have no superstitions or rituals. But there are certain conditions without which I simply do not start the game.
The first condition, quite obvious, is the availability of free time, I don't like to rush :)
The second condition is a good mood, I don't play in a bad mood.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I don't have any superstitions but i do like to meditate just before starting a session.

S

Shooter74

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try not to see the opening of the last card....

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
there used to be a superstition when playing poker now I try not to believe superstition and play poker quietly because poker is a skill and a little bit of luck so we just play poker and believe in ourselves and hope to win sometimes of course you don't want to see a card on the river because what happens is that your opponent collects his own combination and wins

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a superstition that if I start well in a poker tournament, I will lose it.:cautious::)

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Players come up with different “things” to attract Lady Fortune to their side. Whether it brings results is another matter.Poker figures are used, they come in a wide variety: from animals to cars, from superheroes to coins.Tournament participants believe that these talismans will bring them, if not victory, then definitely a place at the final table.Poker players can be superstitious as much as they want, but the only thing that matters is how much they know how to play. Over the long term, a weak online poker player will be of little help from a good seat at the cash table. It is better to practice and improve your skills day by day to achieve winnings.

M

martDdart

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
When I get AQ another player has AK.

userX

userX

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have a small superstition. My superstition is that before playing in the evening favorite tournaments, I must have several cans of cold beer in my fridge :)

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I have the several superstitions during play in Poker... But better I shall save them in secret. Just in case!

bablovod

bablovod

stupid parody of the game
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
It's more of a belief: if the poker gods can't hear me, they're wearing headphones.

S

s0ftdumps

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
i just like to have a freeroll or a less important table open when i'm playing a big game. I try and focus my punting on the less important table. If that's a superstition or not I'm not sure. It's a superstition to believe I won't punt lol

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Hello. As far as I can see (it also applies to me) superstition is not a good thing. Superstition is perceived most of the time as something bad that is going to happen, in fact it is a reaction to an action you are not sure you did well. If you are at peace with yourself that you did the right thing, the results don't affect you too much. If you were unsure, or had doubts, your superstition it's true, but that's not the torment, but the fact that you did something wrong and you knew it.
Most of us know what fair play is, but we still have something to do with the mentality of the game, with patience and with following the rules imposed or what we set ourselves.
The question remains in my mind: when will I start playing for real?🤔

Last edited:
istbno

istbno

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Superstitions in poker are common, often stemming from a desire to control outcomes in a game of chance. Some players believe in lucky charms or rituals, like wearing a particular item of clothing or sitting in a specific seat. Others may avoid certain actions, like counting chips or looking at their cards too soon, fearing it will jinx their luck. Superstitions can provide psychological comfort and a sense of control, but ultimately, poker outcomes are determined by skill and chance. While harmless, excessive reliance on superstitions can distract from strategic play and lead to irrational decision-making.