Suicidal thoughts?

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not saying 'gonna kill myself. I'm just saying this is how i feel after constant bad beats. I'm also trying to go pro and im sure you guys have jobs and don't care if you loose. So when i loose its even worse cause i work minimum wage.

I can dig it, but you might want to be a little more careful in your choice of words. Next time try a term like discouraged, dejected, disheartened or despondent. You might want to stay away from words like suicidal. I'm sure you had bells, whistles, and car alarms going off. We're taught to regard expressions of suicidal thoughts as a cry for help and take them seriously. I'm sure upon reading the OP, most readers were conflicted as to whether to give poker advice or stage an intervention.

otari

otari

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why play cards if it makes you suicidal?

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think you're kidding at all. Do you feel this way only when you're playing poker?

B

Blown01Cobra

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it's a joke, it's a very cruel joke. That said, a lot of people can have suicidal tendencies involving their financial lives, and if you're consistantly losing money that can drive you crazy. I suggest giving up poker for good. That way you don't fall back into the problems again.

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it's a joke, it's a very cruel joke. That said, a lot of people can have suicidal tendencies involving their financial lives, and if you're consistantly losing money that can drive you crazy. I suggest giving up poker for good. That way you don't fall back into the problems again.

Nobody should be suggesting anything other than getting help from friends, family or a trained professional.

S

ScottishMatt

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thread seems like a troll joke...Or more likely, a catchy title, which I so despise.

If this is serious then I suggest you use a bit of logic and pick hobbies that make you happy, makes no sense to do anything otherwise.

Also contact a helpline as this issue doesn't stem from poker.

Jblocher1

Jblocher1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If your joking right now this is one of the sickest things I've ever seen foruming. I want to believe you are kidding and if not everyone in this community wants to help you

L

LukeSilver

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have been known to self harm when i get very stressed due to poker. however this is very rarely about poker in isolation its normally lots of other bad stuff going on in my life and then this is the final straw. whilst i have hit myself before its been when really bad luck has been combined with several other things getting me worked up which are not poker related.

i wont go into the ins and outs of my life. its good at the moment. However i have never felt suicidal.

if poker alone gets you wound up this much you should not play. barring good luck your tilt factor is going to make you a losing player.

dirtyoldog

dirtyoldog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe some country music or some old love songs that will help you think of some failed romances dont make a mess!:bawling: :stupid:

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
People took this thread way to seriously imo, its more so just an expression

I mean if i said, does poker make you feel like ****ing a goat? would you link me to goat****inganonymous

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
This guy isnt serious, if he was he would have been back in the thread by now.

Lol, PO

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips

I mean if i said, does poker make you feel like ****ing a goat? would you link me to goat****inganonymous
No need to link you there, you already have a shortcut on your desktop. p

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This guy isnt serious, if he was he would have been back in the thread by now.

Lol, PO

Or you know he could have killed himself and hence not be able to post.

I know I shouldn't joke about that but you could see my point right?

Also, I agree with you, he probably isnt that serious.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No need to link you there, you already have a shortcut on your desktop. p

Yea, the only thing I don't like about it is the anonymous part you know? I want to meet ppl like me, maybe share a goat or something.

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
As said seek help asap.

If you are depressed because you're losing work on your game and start at the beginning.

Poker should be fun not depressing.

i have a 15k bank roll and play 300nl live. Im playing wsop stud h/l and razz 2013. Yes i understand i should re think my profession but with jobs these days requiring a degree its gonna be hard getting out of minimum wage. Im still in college but hopefully i can win big at wsop to drop out and continue with my dreams.

beep: blue part and red part of the quote do not compute: beep

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/general-poker-13/how-many-you-never-deposited-turned-216740/index2.html
^^
So far i started playing online again on the 13th. On the 16th i won 6$ on the blitz zone free roll and now i have 104. How about you other players? Whats your story

ummm - doesn't compute too well either does it ?

Either you have a 15K BR and play 300NL live + the wsop and have serious suicidal tendencies because of the swings or you ask if anyone started from scratch and made alot ?

Weird isn't it ?

who deleted my post here?

Didn't read it but most probably either a mod or you did it.

Last edited:
PLAYINBIG

PLAYINBIG

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have never had suicidal thoughts when playing lots of poker.I play for enjoyment,excitement,love of the game & of course Cash.The music I like to listen to is Rock AC/DC,Nirvana,Metallica,Puddle of Mudd,Nickel Back.Hope everything ok with ya.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
reading bad threads on the internet makes me feel suicidal

what he said