V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If I am hitting cards I will show once in awhile to let them know I am running good.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I never show them. I noticed that those who show their hand after they have managed a bluff, next time they make a bet on a safe hand.

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mix a little and I think that if it matters porq are psychological strategies to persuade your opponent:p

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
information in poker is very important the more information you have on your opponent the easier it is for you to beat him !!! sometimes you can show the map, but only if it is profitable for you, for example, after a successful bluff - this can push your opponent off balance !!!

C

Cloxy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to show cards if I feel comfortable and have an easy game. If not then it's maybe not a good time to show your cards and give your opponents the information.

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never show I think the less information they have the better.:):):)

VictorOd

VictorOd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Auto muck options are enabled at every poker client. Sometimes you want to show your hand to widen your range, for example. But it could be a mistake. Mucking is never a mistake. :)

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never show. You're giving away information for free. Why would you do that?

an9312

an9312

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I never show. You're giving away information for free. Why would you do that?
sometimes i feel like in order to win a bigger pot later (in a tourney or cash) it may help to show a hand for free. it depends on how you are setting yourself up to look like to the other players at the table.
only thing ill say is if you show a bluff you better be ready for someone to call your AA with 35 off and beat you...

A

Ak907native

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Muck all the time. I'm not making it easy to read me

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Muck n show

Haha
I will show a bluff just once early in the game just to shake thier confidence a bit
And when i have a nice hand i will show once or twice to gain back the reputation
90% its a muck
Thank you

M

Millie232

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really, you should always be mucking if you have the chance. The only time I ever show is when I get a good hand as the BB and it gets folded round to me, so I'll show everybody I had a decent hand when it doesn't give any information

B

Bearclaws8989

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’ll show my cards every now and then to establish my image based on how I wanna play

S

SubZero111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most of the time I don't show as I have been told not to give away info. But once in a while when it's a fun game happening I will give in and show at least one card

B

bright019

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I normally will never show and always have auto-muck .

iosif18

iosif18

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ff

Yes ,in order to show wrong info it is better to show nutts cards and then you may pass a bluff easier.

vra4a

vra4a

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hide cards naturally, move to upload a new card from time to time :D

T

ThatGuyTim

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never!

I will never show my cards! I prefer the opponent questioning whether I was bluffing or not. I’ve played with my real life friends nothing to serious before and shown them, but that is all!

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
.Hey.sometimes during the deep stages of the tournament,you just need to show their cards after ollina,because when you're bluffing you will reveal,sometimes it's just to tease OPA which is very concentrated,in General, not under which circumstances this should be done.good luck!

T

Taurildo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends, if you wanna show you bluff, and make the other player mad, for folding 2 pairs or something :D usually KARMA is a bitch :D

Flatran

Flatran

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everything depends on the moment, situation, bets, if you want to let your oponent know you bluffed you can show to prove them you dont play very thight , but there are situations where it is better to just muck the hand if you were bluffed away or if you lose at showdown with a good / poor hand.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm normally mucking unless there is a real good reason to show. When I'm showing, which is rare it is to set up a bluff later or change the dynamics at the table. Really hate giving any information as I trap a lot.

mistershrimpy

mistershrimpy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't show my cards. Never. Let opps suffer in conjectures =)

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I might show my cards once or twice in a MTT... Now in cash I've only shown my cards 3 times ever....

So for me to show my cards its because I'm trying to change the entire dynamic of the table in a way in which benefits my style of play....

but the key is to do in in a way so your not giving away anything that is outside of the obvious, but would be surprising....

So you might ask, "How in the world are you gonna change the Dynamic of the table, without giving up obvious information?"

well the answer to that is is easy... exsample: you are sitting at a Bar tournament where everyone is limping, calling, open shoving, showing emotion, and very hesitate to play 4Bet or 5Bet pots..... normally if there is a 3Bet its an All in... even if they have 150BBs... Now that we have set the picture... let say you are in the BB w AA. 9-max table. UTG Limps, UTG+1, Folds, UTG+2 calls, LJ Min raises to 2BBs, HJ Folds, CO Raises to 5 BBs, BTN Folds, SB Calls, and I Open 4Bet to 15 BBs... (even though my bet is a 4Bet its the Equivalent of a 3Bet size, and I have AA. to these players this line is a bluff.... to the standard player this is a monster) To make a long story short UTG folds, LJ Calls, CO Jams about 150 BBs, I call LJ folds... my AA holds at showdown... so now I know everyone as seen my "standard play" I will 4bet and see a flop with AA, Im not gonna 3 Bet jam 100 BBs... now about an hour or 2 from then... everyone is down to around 30-50 BBs... you look down at AJo in MP... well now the table is a lot tighter, and I want it more loose so I can jam over raises and get max value on my rejam range when I get to that point... so I open when it folds to me, BTN calls, and the BB min rasises for about 7 BBs... I Iso to prevent the very NITTY, but passive/likes to trap BTN player that has a bigger stack then me from calling... well BTN Player doesnt like my Iso and lets me know about it.... even tells me he is folding QQ... well now I know Im showing him, cause not only did I get him to fold down the better hand... I might be able to get him to tilt his chips off to me... and by showing this hand, and I was willing to play for all my chips with it.... means everyone is gonna start calling me more... the result I was looking for... and BB fold along, and I show the table my Pre Flop Isoing range with the AJo.... everyone at the table gasps and says I have balls... well tequically thats the standard play, but the table isnt smart enough to know that... and I need it to be more loose so I can maximize chips.... so it falls into the criteria of both 1) serving the purpose to change the table dynamic, and 2) not giving away any actual obvious information....

hope this helps! :)