Show Us Your Hands Contest - Phil Galfond Will Review Winning Hand

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had totally forgotten there were prizes associated with this aside from Phil breaking down the hand. So I'm simultaneously disappointed (about not getting my hand picked apart - the highest value prize imo) and excited (about my membership getting a 3 month booster for free).

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Each of the winners needs to sign up for a free account then send me your details so they can upgrade you.

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since I already have a subscribed account, can I just pm my details and get a 3-month extension, or does it have to be a free account that gets upgraded?

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since I already have a subscribed account, can I just pm my details and get a 3-month extension, or does it have to be a free account that gets upgraded?

It should be fine to upgrade your existing account.

R

redwards92

never going to move up
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Whaaaaaattt insane!

I kind of wish I left a little more details about my thoughts at the time about the hand.

Awesome thanks a lot to CC for the opportunity I am kind of speechless at the moment but super stoked to hear from Phil and of course for the membership at runitonce!

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

R

redwards92

never going to move up
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Looking back I feel like it is a pretty clear call and don't think I was ever close to folding in-game either although I can admit I didn't snap the river shove.

At this level villain probably ships AA for value which means we are always calling especially with a sample size of 73 hands. Not much post flop info with only 73 hands and narrowing his range to nuts/2nd nuts for shoving that river based on his nitty preflop stats would be silly although I doubt it goes any further then AA which is all we need.

Also I can't really explain river sizing maybe I went to pot and misclick added another BB lol

I just recently started re-reading some stuff and one of the sections I just read was how stats even after ~500 hands(And more/less etc...) can be misleading although I'm sure that doesn't mean much in this spot.

Last edited:
R

redwards92

never going to move up
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe I am wrong though does a nit really just ship this river with AA or worse ?!

I am pretty excited to hear Phil's analysis on this one. I am also super stoked on the runitonce membership.

Thanks again CC I am soooooo stoked sorry for the double post but I am honestly(obviously) super happy about this. :D

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Each of the winners needs to sign up for a free account then send me your details so they can upgrade you.

What? lol I must need to re-read the OP cause atm I don't know what your talking about lol...

On a side note I think my 5-3 hand was way better then my JJ hand but maybe it's cause I was to late with the 5-3 hand

nabmom

nabmom

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you, yet again, Cardchat! I'm honored! Signing up for the free account now and will PM Debi the details in a minute.

honeycrush

honeycrush

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow - just saw this! Thanks so much CC. I will PM my details asap. :)

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Will send a reminder email! Your accounts were all upgraded - just waiting for the hand review.

Blobweird123

Blobweird123

CC's very own Dead Head
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Will send a reminder email! Your accounts were all upgraded - just waiting for the hand review.

Was getting ready to ask where the "end result" for this whole thread is besides the memberships lol. Can't wait to hear his analysis.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes - he didn't just spend a few minutes on this hand and make a few quick statements - he really went through it.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Makes me feel like I need to learn some more of the math part of poker 0.o

R

redwards92

never going to move up
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Totally thought I posted in this thread a while ago but just to confirm results, I called, villain had KK.

After reading through this review from phil a few times I can honestly say I've learned a lot about how and what I should be thinking during hands. This one hand alone has helped me improve my thought process during hands by a huge amount. I honestly didn't think I was going to learn as much from just one hand but I can say I was honestly blown away.

fwiw here is my comments from the previous thread

Looking back I feel like it is a pretty clear calland don't think I was ever close to folding in-game either although I can admit I didn't snap the river shove.

At this level villain probably ships AA for value which means we are always calling especially with a sample size of 73 hands. Not much post flop info with only 73 hands and narrowing his range to nuts/2nd nuts for shoving that river based on his nitty preflop stats would be silly although I doubt it goes any further then AA which is all we need.

Also I can't really explain river sizing maybe I went to pot and misclick added another BB lol

Maybe I am wrong thoughdoes a nit really just ship this river with AA or worse ?!

Again thanks a lot to CC for the promotion I have been watching a lot of sulsky vids lately:D

R

redwards92

never going to move up
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
*edit* LMAO meant to post in other thread oops

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands