Sharkscope ??

fcumred

fcumred

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All you have to do is play 2 SnGs, win them for a total of $8 win/$6 profit.
So you had $10+$6(profit)=$16 and subsequently lose it, therefore you have lost $16.

But the $6 isnt an investment.

ROI, is I believe RETURN ON INVESTMENT.

If I get it up to $16 and then lose the lot, all I have lost is my $10. Not $16

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I don't care to play SnGs too much and do on occasion throw a 1 dollar SnG just to have bad sharkscope stats, smart BRM? maybe not, but I can make a dollar in a matter of a hand at a ring game, so there really is no loss and IMO, I would rather pay a couple dollars to help decieve my opponents who rely on sharkscope to help them make decisions.

Yah.. I 'purposefully' lose at sngs too... in case one player maybe sometime later down the line actually scopes me???? yah... okay there guy......

When I'm bluffin' myself and believin' it how do I expect my bluff story to hold up on a table of others.....

sharkscope accurate and potentially useful to reg. grinders in sngs.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I have recently had the same experience with "poker-edge". That software/site reports me to be a "greenfish" which is loose/passive/passive.

At first I was kind of hurt.

I'm not saying my play is great... and I *am* loose. But I am not usually exactly 'passive'.

Then it dawned on me that bad information is good for me. I imagine it just doesn't have enough hands on me yet. Prolly someone with the software was sitting at a table for 25 hands when I was tilted or something.

By the way, I think Sharkscope and Poker-edge are massive collusion and consider them tools of the slightly dishonest. I imagine there may be much disagreement with that statement here.

cAPS

It can't and won't base stats. simply on 25hands played. If you were to check a new player, they won't have stats. till they've played approx. 30+ sngs &/or mtts. Unfortunately (for you maybe) it's based on EVERY single hand you've ever played online on that particular site,... not just some segment of 25hands one day.
Pretty much every MTT I've been (or was railing a friend) I'm pretty sure that ALOT of the regulars are running stats on OPR (or similiar,.. I prefer OPR due to it's accuracy, although use another one for it's simplistic appearance and bein' user friendly),... not pretty sure,.. actually KNOW they are. Why not discover who's a regular on your table,.. why not want to know also who's a regular loser and who's running hot on your table or who's a newbie?? Seems pretty much like common sense to me.

Also happen to know that some of the members on the PokerEdge site are pounding the MTTs, with profits in excess of $100K (one dude's got a $3800 built-in massaging, leather recliner that looks like it's from StarWars, with a stripper pole mounted in his livingroom with two large rotating bad-azz monster-sized LCD screens to multi-table in large buy-in MTTs on,(can probably now afford to have the pole occupied with peelers during the 4min. breaks too, ha ha ha).. one screen can also rotate for the other LazyBoy recliner so a buddy can play too, lol,..... over a $10g setup in all,.. maybe a tad excessive but hey.. it's his 'job' and he seems to be enjoying it, lol.... sounds kinda cool to me actually,... maybe (just maybe though) even cooler than purposefully tossing some cheap sngs to lower your sharkscope stats. or continuing to play in too many hands even though you know you're too loose preflop with your starting hand requirements, aren't doing the greatest with it but continue to do so anyways (action junkie comes to mind??)... yah.. that's way cooler imo??
Yah.. I'm just gonna hope for miracle flops and hittin' 2-outers instead.. those 'cheaters' can have it for themselves.

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well "every single hand I've played on that site" is something on the order of only 10k.

My stats show that playing 90% 6max tables I am running 27/13/3.2.

If that makes me loose/passive/passive then I have slightly different definitions. Loose yes, passive well not really.

I honestly don't think it has enough data from my tiny pool of 10k hands to know me accurately yet. After all it gets it's data from users, and I bet I haven't sat with them every time down at my little stakes. I don't play tourney except for odd fun here and there so it has to have me from ring games. In fact I am MUCH tighter in a tourney than a ring game. But like I said I haven't been playing them much at all.

And like I said i figured I'd run into opposition on my opinion. I don't think results (100k, pole dancers etc) justify massive player database collusion. FWIW, pokerstars at least agrees with me.

But yeah... I'll keep trying for my "miracle flops and 2 outers". I'm just that dumb.

mls1024

mls1024

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've found my sharkscope to be very inaccurate. Has anyone else???
I'll just stick to notetaking for player info.

pfb8888

pfb8888

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
should be illegal

i think all programs like pokertracker and data mining sites should be illegal...however i do use opr to view my own results...i think it is fairly accurate.... to the guys who say they never deposited and have a losing net win amount- if you get free money or win freeroll money and lose it you will be negative because it doesnt track freerolls or bonus money.i think the players who use the tools win with them because they can avoid playing the regulars,the pros, and attack the weaker players.

fin2head

fin2head

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ive read these posts on Sharkscope and cant find any reason to use it. What does it tell you? How lucky some people are, maybe but if it is not accurate then forget about it. Notes are better. Hey some days I can't lose and other days can't buy a hand.

I think a new thread could poll people who use these guides (poker tracker included ) and if they are any better at winning than if they didnt use these tools.

Last edited:
Dank Hugh

Dank Hugh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PokerStars now limits the amount of Data that SharkScope has access to.
This causes it to be very incomplete and inaccurate when reporting on PokerStars activity.

KidFlopadelic

KidFlopadelic

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I say scope away! that site is so mickey mouse, who cares

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I say scope away! that site is so mickey mouse, who cares

HERE HERE!!!.. Agreed agreed agreed. I've heard Stars is much better in bigger buy-in mtts but couldn't say myself cuz I haven't played in them,.. I do know that the micros are the shits (not sure why... maybe due to marketting??).

Crusher and Edge don't track your hand histories from other's sitting on your table... keep tryin' to find a reason to believe it... and GL!!

M

MakMan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have heard players say many times at tables, " I just scoped ya", or words to that effect, referring to "sharkscope". All I can say is go ahead and "scope" me anytime you like, and please play me based on there info. To kill some time I "scoped" myself today, what a crock of doggie doo their database is. According to them, my stats @ FT are as follows,

GP 6
Av Profit -$2
Av Stake $2
Av ROI -15%
Total Profit -$10 :D :D :D

What a load of bollocks, and people actually pay for this info, they must be off their trolly.:eek:
I just checked my transaction history at FT, actual results are as follows,

May 2008 deposit $55
GP 28
Av stake $6
Av profit $6:57
Av ROI 109.5%
Total profit $352

Which means I've also made a profit of $57:92 playing micro ring Razz.:D

Gotta luv FT.

i totally agree. i always thought that all the online player trackers were totally inaccurate (not just sharkscope, but the other few as well-no names necessary). why some ppl put so much importance in them is just beyond me...

WallaceWins

WallaceWins

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Help? I am a new player. Only been playing for about a 1 or 2 years now. I am getting a little better now but over 3 sites I am down about $2500.00

- poker stars I started on in 2007 I am down about $1000
- Full Tilt I went to after that because got tired of "River Stars" and
I am down about $1600
- Ultimate bet I just started on and I am up about $100

Now on Full Tilt today I was playing head up for $6 and the guy said he scoped me and saw I was down $1200 on Full tilt. I had him down to under 400 chips to my 2600 over 3 times. He called my all in with the worst hand and hit the river 8 seperate hands and beat me?

Said he scoped me and he was a winner and would be me. I later checked him and Scope said he was up about $800.00 over maybe 400 games.

His final hand was K 3 off to my 99

- Flop was 8 k J 9 7

I hit my set 999 but lost! His 3 was a club and 4 community cards were
clubs as well. Flushed my set. This was the 7th beat I took on the river card playing this guy.

So I read the ENTIRE thread and still did not really get a solid answer to the question the one guy ask?

Should I BLOCK my stats on Sharkscope?

Should I pay for shark scope and RESET my stats now that I am a little
bit better?

Thank so much for all detailed replies.

I do enjoy Texas Holdem NL and fly to Vegas to play live any time I can!

MrMuckets

MrMuckets

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most people at low level stakes only scope you to try and embarrass you. Don't pay them any mind. They are just the little children acting out.:):):)

chuG

chuG

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If i knew it was such a common thing to base your game upon someone elses stats, in as far as they assume you will be easier for having shiz ones, then I would welcome all those lulled into a false sense of security.

undone

undone

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just looked at my sharkscope... nice to see they mised a 500 dollar cash! oh well.. i honestly wouldnt put much thought into it... because if they do think you suck... you can really take advantage of that while playing...

This was just a unlucky hand and had nothing to do with sharkscope.. if someone calls you with K3 offsuit because they see you are down money... thats just silly... That person would be an idiot... So just keep playing i am sure u will bounce back!

SavagePenguin

SavagePenguin

Put the win in penguin
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Help? I am a new player. Only been playing for about a 1 or 2 years now. I am getting a little better now but over 3 sites I am down...

I appreciate your honesty as to your non-winning stats. New people on CC tend to... um... less than honest about their accomplishments. It's refreshing and makes me optimistic about you being someone who can turn things around.

First off, players are not allowed to use Sharkscope during the game.
As soon as someone does something like that, call a moderator to the game and complain. They'll get a slap on the wrist from the moderator, but if his behavior continues he could get a chat ban or even banned from the site.

As for resetting/blocking your stats, I don't think that's a big deal. They only see that you're winning or losing, not *how* you play the game (IE, they don't see how often you are in pots, how often you make continuation bets, how often you 3-bet, etc.). And it's pretty safe to assume someone is a losing players, as roughly 2/3 of players are losing players. So it's not as if he's surprised when he looks you up. He's just trying to get under your skin and put you on tilt.

Let's say that you improve your game and start playing winning poker. Wouldn't you like your opposition to underestimate you? :D So no, if I was in your shoes I would not rest or block my stats.
But that's just my opinion.

woody19

woody19

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well its only for real money torneys and sng not tables but if thats what your looking for then :):):)

but if you wanna find your stats for tables go on pokertableratings.com it lets you no your stats for the ring game tables :):)