Poker Rut

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have been playing poker for fun for over 15 years, and I'm starting to get into a rut where it's not as fun as it used to. Does anyone have any ideas for getting out of the rut, or is this just what happens after so many years? Thanks for taking the time to read and reply!

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Maybe it's time to step back and try to remember what it was that made poker fun for you to play in the past

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
RUT

Sometimes you just have to take a break. Focus on other things for awhile, when you are feeling it again it will still be here. I have stepped away for up to a year at a time before. It was actually kind of nice.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I also play poker for fun and I have had such difficult times. And in such cases, it best helps me cope, a long break for a month or two.

J

James24543

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been playing poker for fun for over 15 years, and I'm starting to get into a rut where it's not as fun as it used to. Does anyone have any ideas for getting out of the rut, or is this just what happens after so many years? Thanks for taking the time to read and reply!

Win big, that almost always helps to get out of the "poker rut".

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Find another hobby and do that until you get the itch to return to poker, which you will most likely.

N

narc

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is missing to be as good as before?
By answering this question, you realize what is missing and then try to get out of this routine.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Break in the game will not help return your interest! Try 2 ways that help me get the concentration and interest! 1 2, against the limit above (very invigorating) and 2 if the money does not have value then try to radically change the style of igry-- if played carefully Arrange the aggressive dance!

freeringo

freeringo

2019-20-21 League Champs
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
How about a reminder that you are a very good player :)

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi mate .If your not enjoying the game these days , maybe a break is needed.It has no sense to play poker just like a day to day routine.Obviously,we all love poker, but there are many other activities you can do.,and when you feel better ,be back to this game.Cheers!

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Step away from the game and ask yourself the question, "Why am I playing poker?"
It also wouldn't hurt to ask yourself, "What do I want from life?"

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoon friend
It is natural that after a few years playing poker we get frustrated with some bad bets and also the level of today's players are higher. What I can advise you is to rest your brain a little more, it may be that your thoughts are fatigued about poker, try to go to a movie theater, amusement park, fish, run to dice a little enjoy reading a little about poker there so play again, see if you have improved your game and let us know.

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing a lot of poker day in and day out can burn anyone out.

paisley

paisley

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Way back before Black Friday, I used to play in another forum's poker league which only played one game on the weekend. We played in teams of which there were 5-6 I think. Every weekend we would try to get as many members of each team to play, usually about 5-6 on each team. You scored points for your team and at the end of the league play time, the team with the most points won and got a private freeroll for real money.

Besides the winners freeroll, all league play was for play money. And you know what? They were a blast! We had a great time. It was called The Bragging Rights League and it was just about having fun.

It's fun to "play" with real money, but it is also stressful. Try something that's just for fun.

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow, thank you all of the good advice and kind words. Hopefully, I can get back into a good mindset in 2020. It's hard to take a break since I play live quite frequently, and I think that might be part of my problem. Either way, good luck to everyone on the felt.

How about a reminder that you are a very good player :)

That means a lot coming from you Ringo. Thanks mate!

Jilty

Jilty

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

This best thing would be more study and more satisfaction from improving your game, if your sick of poker go for a run and when you come back you'll be either ready to play or think of your next workout and when you get enough of that good stuff you can spend it on poker or running up a mountain. GL:icon_bigs

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey. If this is entertainment, it’s okay. Especially if you are tired and do not spend your money on it. Change and find yourself another thing for fun.
Another thing is if you constantly spend money on it and it does not bring you pleasure. Just stop playing.

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would courage you not to give up. A break is a nice idea, but trying different games can be too. I was fed up with NLHoldem, than played every kind of poker even 8 game as well. I mixed up, and it helped me to choose the most exciting one at that moment. And I'm always saying, listening tracks can take you such a relaxed mood, so you can have two pleasure at the same time. Just think about your personality, and you 'll find your solution.

Drumsound

Drumsound

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A break is a good idea. My first instinct was to suggest learning some of the mixed games. Of course if you already play the mix, that doesn't help.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can try another variant, like PLO, or HORSE. Just to get the feeling back that it's a challenging game.