nopeeee.

we could beat bots anyways :)

Sardonix

Sardonix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think UB has in the best but since the scandel and stuff they took them off. bots used to run rampant all over UB for a while man. There was like 5 bots at everytable, at ub at one point. it was real bad. They were players using them though i think, but i heard of bots up at higher stakes that ub was using to make more money. High roller bots lol, who knows if they were using them but really it wouldnt surprise me. I have come to hate UB and only play private tournaments there. If i ever won any money at UB as soon as it got to enough to cash out id cash out and put it else where or buy a little somethin somethin.

MrFold

MrFold

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any other sites that use bots to play against normal players at their tables?

slicky111

slicky111

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think Absolute Poker, UlimateBet, and Full-Tilt using them. But I don't have any proof.

evildoesit2003

evildoesit2003

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is first I heard of bots playing but I do believe they have people playing for their sites but dont know about the bot aspect of it.

J

Jared

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Perhaps we are thinking of poker PROPS, players hired by sites to play (with their own money) at tables that need numbers.

Rates of pay are either rake-based or an hourly wage, both averaging about $12-20 an hour depending upon your skill.

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't believe there have been any credible allegations made by anyone reputable/knowledgable that sites have been or are running bots. There are allegations that some "players" are bots, but it's not the sites that are alleged to be running them, it's users.

Google poker bots if you're interested, there was also a thread somewhere here about bots a couple of months ago.

Cliff notes on the recent thread and publicly available information (my interpretation) - bots appear to be real, appear to be able to win at low stakes limit holdem, are not particularly hard to beat if you're a reasonably good player, and there isn't a bot that can beat no limit holdem beyond low level microstakes (programming bluffing and other "leap of faith" moves in no limit holdem is difficult).

Not endorsing the cliff notes version, just stating what I've absorbed.

G

Grindit9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bring me some bots, they are far more predictable then real players. So i prefer to play bots actually.

B

baghead

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
are poker bots legal? are they a viable way of builing a bank role?

i have done some research into poker bots and i understand over a long period they will make money only on deposit bonuses and rake back one other question is how many of these bots are on line in anyone site i have heard through forums that sites like full tilt there is 4-5 bots on any 10 seat low stakes table esspeacially limit tables as this is were the bot excells aparently.
big questions i know!

Baby Jesus

Baby Jesus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes they do,I'm one.They also made me to post stupid messages when I'm not robbing people at micro stakes."WOULD YOU LIKE TO PLAY A GAME"

nevadanick

nevadanick

Back to work ... zzzzz
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
are poker bots legal? are they a viable way of builing a bank role?

i have done some research into poker bots and i understand over a long period they will make money only on deposit bonuses and rake back one other question is how many of these bots are on line in anyone site i have heard through forums that sites like full tilt there is 4-5 bots on any 10 seat low stakes table esspeacially limit tables as this is were the bot excells aparently.
big questions i know!

I am an advanced artificial intelligence bot. I can assure you that you will not win playing against me. Nothing can possibly go wrong... go wrong... go wrong ..... go wrong.........
-----------------------
Larger sites do a lot to detect bot usage and you put your whole account in jeopardy of being closed and funds confiscated. This is from pokerstars website:

Q. Can you give some examples of tools and services which are prohibited?

A. The following are examples of tools and services which are prohibited at all times:

1. Advanced Poker Calculator
2. CardAnalyzer
3. Gambot
4. Hand HQ
5. HHCollector
6. hhSmithey
7. Holdem Hawk
8. Holdem Pirate
9. Holdem Inspector a.k.a. Online Holdem Inspector
10. Holdem Spy
11. Hold’em Watcher
12. ICM-Bot
13. iHH Harvester
14. Magic Holdem
15. Mandraker
16. MyPokerIntel
17. NoLimitFoldem
18. Online Omaha High Inspector
19. Open Holdem Bot
20. OPI Wizard
21. Poker Android
22. Poker Bot+
23. Poker Bloodhound
24. Poker Crusher
25. Poker Edge
26. Poker Inspector a.k.a. online poker Inspector
27. Poker Mate
28. Poker Prophecy
29. POKERobot
30. Poker Sherlock
31. Poker Table Manager
32. Poker Usher
33. Preflop Autofolder
34. Preflop Poker Bot
35. Seeker
36. SharkMate
37. Sit n' Go Brain
38. Sixth Sense
39. SmartCollector a.k.a. Mixed Harvesters
40. SpadeEye
41. Stars Hand History (SHH)
42. StarSpy
43. StatsForPoker
44. Texas Auto Fold
45. WinHoldem
This list was last updated June 20th 2009

There are some tools and services which have legitimate uses for analysing your game, but which are not appropriate for use during play. For example, ICM (Independent Chip Model) and Nash Equilibrium tools may be used for post-game analysis and for studying hands which you have previously played. Also, there are some web-based results databases, and its fine to use these to look at your own results. However, you may not use such a tool while the PokerStars software is open.

hayes5150

hayes5150

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No as awful as some of the players are and you would think it was a computer bot its not....sometimes very hard to believe when some donkey calls an all in with 2 7 off and hits a full house on the flop you think...yeah ok somehow he knew that was coming. and you always get some other donkey to say nh. No it wasnt!!!

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No as awful as some of the players are and you would think it was a computer bot its not....sometimes very hard to believe when some donkey calls an all in with 2 7 off and hits a full house on the flop you think...yeah ok somehow he knew that was coming. and you always get some other donkey to say nh. No it wasnt!!!

Just to be clear - nobody alleges that bots know what cards are coming or that hole cards are exposed to the bots. Bots are programs that evaluate hole cards, the board, and determine an action (bet, call, raise, fold) based on an algorithm. This is easier to program for limit than no limit, since the bet sizing in limit is fixed. Sites freeze accounts that are proven to be bots.

T

tubbs65

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
bots are pretty easy to spot, I always check usernames when I join a table to see how many tables they are playing at one time. last night bot was playing 17 tables at once

MrFold

MrFold

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So is everyone confident that poker rooms don't put bots on tables?

J

Jared

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am comfortable that the established sites don't, although for rising rooms it would be cheaper than using props.

begley01

begley01

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bots are pretty easy to spot, I always check usernames when I join a table to see how many tables they are playing at one time. last night bot was playing 17 tables at once

I see these people at well, but I don't think they are bots. They are just playing a ton of tables at once and they play very robotic. Some only play hands like 10's+ and A-Q A-K. I know they aren't bots because I have stacked some of them with 4-5 off suit and been called a donkey :D.

G

Grindit9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Dude, there are loads of players that play 17 tables and even more.....

NewLucker

NewLucker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I saw once, the opponent go all in on any two cards of 5 consecutive times and won, I think it there was a bot!

Originally Posted by tubbs65

Nice note!

Dogfish44

Dogfish44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I sincerely hope so!!!

I've played poker on my mobile (cellphone) and taken $1K to $45K :) ... I've played on the Wii and taken $1K to over $500K :D ...

I'm now trying to build a bankroll online, if bots are being used on poker sites, then I look forward to playing them... they're easy to beat and predictable once you crack the pattern of betting that suits. :cool:

Some people play calm, calculated poker only calling the premium hands, I think you may have encountered one of those players. If Full-tilt advertises itself as "the place to play with the pro's" why would they need bots?