demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
i cant find or remember any exept for Poker face of Gaga but nice songs you guys choose!

Ivansito26

Ivansito26

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
wow very good songs, and golden years that will not return, the music of the 80s and 90s were the best, I am more than 90 and my songs..
Metallica, the Wallflowers, R.E.M , Nirvana,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zzyfcys1aLM[FONT=arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]When I play poker I listen to those songs .. especially
Creep Radiohead

M

Maurits92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow! What a great collection of songs. I had no idea of this list, but I'll be listening today :D Honestly, I think I would only be able to come up with the Lady Gaga song (Pokerface). Songs I like best from what I have heard before is the AC/DC and Katy Perry song.

Bricxjo

Bricxjo

Just some happy guy
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
So many songs I had never heard before. Thank you for putting this list together.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
...and this one

f you like to gamble, I tell you I'm your man
You win some, lose some, all the same to meThe pleasure is to play, makes no difference what you say
I don't share your greed, the only card I need is the Ace of Spades
The Ace of Spades
Playing for the high one, dancing with the devil
Going with the flow, it's all a game to me
Seven or eleven, snake eyes watching you
Double up or quit, double stake or split, the Ace of Spades
The Ace of Spades
You know I'm born to lose, and gambling's for fools
But that's the way I like it baby
I don't wanna live for ever
And don't forget the joker!
Pushing up the ante, I know you gotta see me
Read 'em and weep, the dead man's hand again
I see it in your eyes, take one look and die
The only thing you see, you know it's gonna be the Ace of Spades
The Ace of Spades

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello how are you? Very good collection of songs about poker. But I keep

Pokerface - Ghostface Killah (ft. Shawn Wigs)

Because they are the years where I became interested in poker, live tournaments went on television and in Latin America. By which I also like the theme

Waking Up In Vegas - Katy Perry. I hope I understand. Greetings to all

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My gambling song that probably doesn’t relate to anyone else is despair hangover and ecstasy by the DØ

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
...and this one

f you like to gamble, I tell you I'm your man
You win some, lose some, all the same to meThe pleasure is to play, makes no difference what you say
I don't share your greed, the only card I need is the Ace of Spades
The Ace of Spades
Playing for the high one, dancing with the devil
Going with the flow, it's all a game to me
Seven or eleven, snake eyes watching you
Double up or quit, double stake or split, the Ace of Spades
The Ace of Spades
You know I'm born to lose, and gambling's for fools
But that's the way I like it baby
I don't wanna live for ever
And don't forget the joker!
Pushing up the ante, I know you gotta see me
Read 'em and weep, the dead man's hand again
I see it in your eyes, take one look and die
The only thing you see, you know it's gonna be the Ace of Spades
The Ace of Spades

Is that one of the ones we have? Who is the artist?

My gambling song that probably doesn’t relate to anyone else is despair hangover and ecstasy by the DØ

Can't say I have ever heard of this one. (I feel old lol)

Rijckenborg

Rijckenborg

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Thank you very much for this impressive gambling song track list :)
It was the first time I listen to : "Ray Charles - Losing Hand " and really liked it. :)

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I can't believe I'm mentioning this, one of my most hated songs.

Montreal has a history of hitting on a lesser known artist or a lesser known song by a well known artist that becomes a local hit even though they/it may not be a big hit in other parts of the world. For example, Garland Jeffreys' "Spanish Town" was a huge hit here in the seventies, but I don't know how well it did in the States (Jeffreys is from NYC). Another unfortunate example of this is Chris de Burgh. Long before "The Lady in Red" (which is a great pop love song IMO) he became a giant of Montreal FM radio with "Spanish Train" from the album "Spanish Train and Other Stories". (Maybe Montreal just likes songs with the word "Spanish" in the title.)

"Spanish Train" tells the story (literally, spoken, with background music and sung chorus) of God and the Devil playing poker (5 card draw) for souls on a train (the Spanish Train) that takes souls from this world into Heaven or Hell. The Devil cheats and wins souls. This song was banned in some places for being anti Christian (or perhaps pro Evil). As far as I know, no country banned it for being Stupid. I just checked and the song is listed at 5:00 minutes long, it always seemed longer to me - waaay longer.

People in my group of friends loved this song and Chris de Burgh. Every party I ever went to was sure to include at least one playing (usually more) of the amazingly insipid "Spanish Train". I refrained from openly railing about how stupid I thought this song was in order not to offend some of its "fans" (read: hot girls). But this song is lame. If you are a non believer, it's really just nonsense. The only attraction would be the story, which is completely unoriginal. If you are a Christian, this is an allegorical tale of the stupidity of God and how His gambling addiction and poor observational skills may well COST YOU YOUR SOUL!! :eek:

All in all, if this was a thread of good poker songs, it should be left off. But in a general "poker song" thread, I feel it must be included. :puke:

sergik1992

sergik1992

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
WOW! Thank you Debi for this monumental work! All this songs will me in my playlist for today`s evening)
My fevorite songs are
Shape Of My Heart - Sting and Aces Of Spades - Motorhed

Bricxjo

Bricxjo

Just some happy guy
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
So would "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" count since it was a bet with the devil?

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have not heard many of these songs before....got stuck in the 60s....the song that I relate most to poker is Kenny Rogers' iconic "The Gambler". I've always liked his music....have his greatest hits on VINYL.

cubons

cubons

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don`t know most of them. :D Is it bad?
But usually when I play poker then I listen something really what helps me to relax :D
SX - Still I Get
Skizzy Mars - American Dream
Surprise Party (feat. Blackbear)

T

Thenightrain

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One of the most fun things I have done at CardsChat was to help compile this page on poker and gambling songs. Tammy and I spent a couple of days trying to find as many as possible.

Ultimate Gambling Song Guide

Take a look at this page and let us know your favorite songs - and see if you can find any we missed!

This is a long song but was one of my favorites when I was young:

Ha love this, great thread!

T

Thenightrain

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One of the most fun things I have done at CardsChat was to help compile this page on poker and gambling songs. Tammy and I spent a couple of days trying to find as many as possible.

Ultimate Gambling Song Guide

Take a look at this page and let us know your favorite songs - and see if you can find any we missed!

This is a long song but was one of my favorites when I was young:

Don’t know if this ever made it to the states but a classic U.K. “keep on going” song

https://youtu.be/hDkVQvhZx04

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Another very nice topic :top:

I used to listen a lot of metal bands during my high school days, and one of the bands I like the most is Motorhead! So, my favorite song from this playlist would be "Ace of Spades". Still that unique vocal voice is bumping in my ears...:rock:

R.I.P. Mr. Lemmy Killmister

W

wilywiles

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You've got quite the song selection here so after doing some deep brain browsing I couldnt come up with any of my own but my favorite on the list is ray charles.

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
this article was very enlightening for me .... in my country we do not have the tradition of playing poker ... so all music that I related to poker was the songs of old western movies

Hackerosito

Hackerosito

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks Tammy and Dakota, excellent these tracks I will keep them in mind for my sessions .. fabulous. :bike:

A

Ambur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Five Finger Death Punch - House Of The Rising Sun

shanest

shanest

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
Great picks.

As a massive dylan fan I do have to side with Lily, Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts from one of my favourite albums Blood on the tracks.

Honorable mention to the Gambler. Great song too.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Before looking at this list the only song that i listened regularly from it was the gambler by kenny rogers. Now additional to that my new favorites are:

Motorhead - Ace of Spades
Ghostface Killah - Poker face
Sting - Shape of my heart

Related Gambling Guides: AU Gambling - CA Gambling - UK Gambling - NZ Gambling - Online Gambling