Poker Books You Must Own

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PO, as far as HoH, I wasn't trying to make it sound like it is a terrible book series and that no one should read it, I just meant that for a beginner, I feel like there are some better books to read before it now. I'll admit, HoH was my first poker book right when it came out(in 2004 there really weren't a whole ton of options except for Bruson and Skalnsky) and I myself would list that right at the top for the most influential book series that I've read regarding MTT play, but I started playing MTTs years ago(as I'm sure many of the pros on that forum and you as well) when the approach to them was a lot more how it is projected in those books, and that is much more conservative. So having that base and playing through the adaptations of poker, we were able to transform as well, get what I'm saying?

And as far as Winning Poker Tournaments - One Hand At A Time, thanks for the explanation. Like I said, I've never read those books yet, but they are topping my list, along with Elements of Poker, so I was just summarizing what it seemed to be about based on the reviews I've seen on forums and blogs and such.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
PO, as far as HoH, I wasn't trying to make it sound like it is a terrible book series and that no one should read it, I just meant that for a beginner, I feel like there are some better books to read before it now. I'll admit, HoH was my first poker book right when it came out(in 2004 there really weren't a whole ton of options except for Bruson and Skalnsky) and I myself would list that right at the top for the most influential book series that I've read regarding MTT play, but I started playing MTTs years ago(as I'm sure many of the pros on that forum and you as well) when the approach to them was a lot more how it is projected in those books, and that is much more conservative. So having that base and playing through the adaptations of poker, we were able to transform as well, get what I'm saying?

And as far as Winning Poker Tournaments - One Hand At A Time, thanks for the explanation. Like I said, I've never read those books yet, but they are topping my list, along with Elements of Poker, so I was just summarizing what it seemed to be about based on the reviews I've seen on forums and blogs and such.

ah... ok... btw,.. love the avatar!

P

pol_92121

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i have the book on pdf HowToPlayTexasHoldem.. but i haven't read that book because it is in english and before i must improve my english..