Poker and alcohol

BHowell44

BHowell44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How do you feel about poker when you drink? And what are you playing?

I feel great and I almost always play while drinking. It has had many negative effects and many positive. All and all, if I would like to be serious and actually win on a consistent basis and better my game, I think it would be beneficial to learn how to focus and play sober.

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i like to have 1 ****tail jameson on ice n sip it especially live play it shakes my nerves out. I never get even buzzed really make it last anhr sometimes.

Bambini7777

Bambini7777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you play for fun, you can drink it, but if you earn money with it, then it is better not to drink it during games:)

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to drink alcohol while playing poker and made a lot of mistakes, now I don’t drink alcohol while playing, but I try to focus on playing in poker tournaments and in a cash game, I think it’s better not to drink alcohol while playing!

andreigabor

andreigabor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it s not ok to drink while you are playing poker !!! its mental game and the alcohol will make your brain go crazy :)) bigger buy ins and all of this will make you angry

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Alcohol is not a healthy "custom", I do not drink generally! I think it effects negetivelly your mind and your reflexes and so your performance is lower, which is not desirable.

TudorPithon

TudorPithon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
i m more confident and agressive when i drink, but isn t a good idea....

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that alcohol makes us uninhibited and play our hands more relaxed, playing hands that possibly if we had not taken any alcohol, we would not be playing haha. It can be beneficial to spend some time playing poker without getting nervous and relaxed and get money with hands that we probably would never have played. I do not recommend playing poker while drunk haha

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I drink alcohol very rarely.
In my opinion, alcohol interferes with concentration.
Occasionally I played drunk, but in such cases, I always lost.

nop9gok

nop9gok

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How do you feel about poker when you drink? And what are you playing?
when I drank, played cash, mtt, cis, I said goodbye to the bankroll, now 100 grams of whiskey or brandy and everything is ok. Buns for tea - the best choice)

soliddecor

soliddecor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when I drank, played cash, mtt, cis, I said goodbye to the bankroll, now 100 grams of whiskey or brandy and everything is ok. Buns for tea - the best choice)
Hi man. Are you from moldova? Really?

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The advantages of alcohol - to play in a more relaxed fashion!!! Disadvantages of alcohol - to play more recklessly!!!

D

danielcai

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would play more loose if I drink, so I would avoid drinking alcohol if I'm gonna play poker

K

konemota

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Drinking alcohol and playing poker is, like almost all of us knows, very bad idea. It may look nice, chasing some crazy draws, have a feeling that you can beat anybody etc. But, the aftermath tomorrow, hangover and big loss, not such a nice feeling.

On the other hand, had found really enjoyable to drink one or two Jack`s in the beginning of some live tournament or cash game, especially when i am in some new city, playing with people i don`t know. It will help me to relax in a proper way, cose i am very introverted.

X

xx02pl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think alcohol affects very negative on concentration, so I advice not play after drinking

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
definitely not a good combination to play poker and take a few drinks at the same time ... I did it a couple of times and at the end of the day I ended up losing my money ..! so I do not recommend it to any player ..!

Insomnia6590

Insomnia6590

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This topic often appears on the forum
From personal experience, I can say that alcohol and poker can not be together
This is the key to a sure failure

Federal_001

Federal_001

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is categorically better not to drink while playing poker

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, poker and alcohol are incompatible...

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I do not drink alcohol. If you drink during a game, this indicates a non-serious attitude to the game. I prefer sports. Sports allow me to be more focused and disciplined. This is an obvious advantage over alcohol.

VivicvrMga

VivicvrMga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only drink during the game is the Coffee, no other.