Playing against Bots

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can't believe that anyone would believe a bot would shove all in with trash, that is a donk, that's why freerolls are referred to as a donk fest, not a bot fest :p

^ this.

The people doing that are real people, because they either want to get some early double ups to make the freeroll worth their time, or get knocked out ASAP so they're not wasting their time.

A bot doesn't care whether it's wasting its time since it's got nothing better to be doing. So it wouldn't be making those kind of moves.

Gothams Son

Gothams Son

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How can player call all-in with 45, 27, etc. and win AA or KK , and now think are there bots or not.

If its a freeroll they simply just do not care. But if you can get them to talk to you they are probably not a bot.

M

MPaz_87

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A bot would not call an all in with 45 and definitely wouldn't with 27. When you see villain calling with very poor holdings you can guarantee that is not a bot only a player that sucks at poker and gets lucky and another thing a bot can not see a future board.

That's something that happens all the time, most time in freerolls which are full of donks going all in every single hand with mediocre hands because they are bored, they play a few hands and later they stay absent.

M

MPaz_87

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Big sites sure. But smaller sites? Their problem is that for them to be taking rake, there need to be games running. People need other people to play against... and on sites where they don't get a lot of traffic, you can see how they might be tempted to use bots to generate action.

Totally agree. But which would you consider a big site and which would be a small site?

J

jj20002

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How can player call all-in with 45, 27, etc. and win AA or KK , and now think are there bots or not.

the issue is that AA against any two should win 4 out 5 times and those times nobody gets surprised but when happens the other way around and any two beats AA or KK then some people get shocked, and that should be ok too,

now people calling with 72 a shover only happens in freerolls or micro buyins, nobody does it when playing for serious money,

timfbmx

timfbmx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some people are completely ignorant about the severity of the poker bot issue. Every poker site besides maybe pokerstars is infested with them. They are only going to get worse as well as time goes on and technology improves. That's why I prefer playing live these days. Too many bots and cheaters online.

M

MPaz_87

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How can you tell if a player is a bot? I've never even tought about it. It sounds stupid but maybe it is not. Idon't consider those donk who go all in every single hand bots.

TempoShaman

TempoShaman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Loving all the talk on this thread... its a thing.. its obviously there, so lets figure it out and beat da machine. in my expirience theyre weakness is there nittiness... they rarely bluff if ever fully bluff.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Loving all the talk on this thread... its a thing.. its obviously there, so lets figure it out and beat da machine. in my expirience theyre weakness is there nittiness... they rarely bluff if ever fully bluff.

I'm not a bot... I swesr :p

yonosemanana

yonosemanana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So any sites admit to using poker bots ? or is it a shady company practice? or a player using software manipulation to play a certain way?

or are people just paranoid ?

CSYA14

CSYA14

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think people are paranoid, just leery of the possibilities that they may be there. I have started chat with players I suspect are to see if I get an answer. If I don't, this is not a guarantee that they are but a player who just doesn't talk.
I do suspect a number of sites using bots. Instant folds, calling with off cards etc. Until someone investigates these sites for bots it is still all specualtion.

nastena2992

nastena2992

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not who can not be trusted , there bots somewhere 40-60 % , it seems to me that online poker will soon come to an end

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bots are unambiguous, but sure beat in a particular case cannot, therefore, extremely difficult to beat.

A

avner

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
didnt realy noticed or suspect any bots on major sites (PS. FT), share information if you have such