Let's build some bankroll - who's with me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Atheist8

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Day 13: 125% ($2,495)

Man, these swings are naasty. Today started off terribly as well, just could not win a game. Got down to at least $2,220. Then I won a $10 45 person tournament to recoup most of my loses, and went from there. Hopefully tomorrow won't have the swings of the past 2 days, and hopefully I'll pass the big 2500.

Way to go stuventus! Nearly multiplying your bankroll by 5 in 5 days, good work.

infinate8

infinate8

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Day 0 100%($50)...Will be playing i guess mostly micro mtts,sngs for awhile.

R

rvp11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello guys Im a new member. Ive been reading this forum for a while now have decided to join.

This thread seems like a good place to start posting. I have been playing poker online for a couple of weeks now and my bankroll looks like this:

Starting point: $200 - for the first two weeks I was up and down and pretty much stayed breaking even

Day 1: 100% ($200)
Day 2-15: 99% ($198)

Day 16: 115% ($229)
Day 17: 141% ($282)
Day 18: 284% ($483)
Day 19: 17% ($33)

I think you can see why I need help!

You see, it was late at night and fresh from my high of doubling my bankroll the previous day I decided to make the most of my hot streak. I got naive and went into Cash Games that was too big for my bankroll, problems occurred when I called an all in. ($370) I was absolutely delighted! Me: AA, Opponent: JJ. I couldn't believe my luck! flop comes and J27. Joy turns into despair as I realise the fish got lucky. The turn and flop make no changes. Cold deck, there was nothing I could really do....... I had gone from doubling my initial deposit to being in the red. For the next 5 hours I attempt to break even again and in the end, I gave up on $33. I feel absolutely terrible, I have very thin skin, probably what lead me to play on even though I was on an almighty tilt. I had played so well the previous night and now this.

Im determined to get back to my starting point of $200 but understandably Im very low on confidence.

Does anyone have any tips or advise to give me as I attempt to make the long journey back? LIke what type of cash games to play, ($0.5-$0.10?) SNG, etc.

I feel terrible. :(

R

rvp11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Day 20: 9% ($19)

I didn't think my luck could get any worse, I woke up this morning and dived straight into 5c/10c Cash games. Every big hand of mine lost, it was brutal. So so cruel......

My confidence is at the bottom. Such are the frequent bad beats that I now find myself folding hands that I would consider All in worthy.

R

rvp11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Day 20: 8% ($16)

F*cking awful today. Finished on the bubble in 2 SnG's and was two spots off the money in my MTT. The MTT loss was very frustrating. A new player joins my table and went immediately all in, I had a pair of jacks and assumed it was a bluff on the button, you know an attempt to steal some chips. He shows KK and just like that my morning of hard work goes to the toilet a few players short of the money spots.

Things are only going downhill, I can't buy a win. I think I'll only play SnGs and freerolls, don't have the bankroll to play cash games.

S

slag

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
thx 4 the freeroll yesterday at pokerstars i finishe 6 th i think made 9 dollars was fun ty gl on an off

R

RAWDAWG33

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
ok i'm with ya on the epassporte sucking........Day one here took 4th on full tilt in our freeroll tonight...starting point 16.50. Dabbled a bit in some small cash games .5 .10 and such...going to bed at 23.22.

Lets see where we can take this.

R

rvp11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Day 20: 8% ($16)

Day 21 - 23: 380% ($760)

An amazing run. For 3 days straight all I did was grind it out online. Wake up, play, eat, play, eat, play, sleep, wake up, play, eat, play. My run started with winning 4 consecutive SnG's for $3 propelling my Bankroll to $60. From there on I had enough money to play Cash games thats where the Grinding began. Starting from the .5c table then slowly moving upto .10., then .25. All of a sudden I have a bankroll of $140 and took a seat at the $1 tables with $50. 4 Hours of grinding later I left the table with $214, taking my bank roll to $358. Next morning I woke up and moved straight to the $2 tables. After 3 hours of my money going up and down I finally hit my big break when someone went all in on a bluff, too bad for him I had hit the nut flush draw, only an extra $100 but I took it and decided that was it for the day. I woke up this morning feeling great, I had reached my peek bankroll when at one point I only had $16 and looked like I was going to Bust. Anyway I went back to the $2 table and immediately lost $200 when my trip Queens lost to my opponents flush, it was very well disguised and I didn't even notice the possible flush draw until after I clicked the call button. Very Donkish play by my part. I quickly won my money back and then some. The very next Hand I got the Turbos - AA, someone went all in pre flop. I couldnt resist and I called, it was fruitful, 98 offsuit. An attempted bluff I can only assume. 15 Hands later I get QQ. I limped in on the button. Flop is JQQ. WHat a monster! While I try and think of a way to extract as much cash as possible someone does my hard work for me. Dende was his name, he goes all in, everyone clears away leaving only me to call. Before I even click the call button I do a little Mary dance, thanking the poker heavens for this gift. Dende had trip Jacks, the poor sod, cold deck.

I leave the table with a cool Bankroll of $760!!!

I think Im gonna cashout $600, which is around £300. I need to buy a new Tuxedo, shoes and a gift for my cousins wedding.

:D :D :D

R

rvp11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I cashed out all my money bar $50 so I've started over and am using it as my bankroll. Hopefully I can build it up and be buying a new PS3 in no time!

Day 1: 100% ($50)
Day: 2: 156% ($78)

I won a couple of SnG's and tried my luck at a 2000 player MTT with a buy in of $4 and busted out within 20 hands. I swear, people always crack my aces.

Also cmon guys! Post your Bankrolls! And lets motivate each other!

V

vger76

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After hearing the dissession about this thread and then reading through it, I am glad that is still running. I think what is sad is that it caused the people issues and cardchat lost a strong contributing member. GLA

S

stuventus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So, following up my second go, after withdrawing my prev bankroll bar $20
heres an update.

Day 1. $20
Day 10. $80
Day 11. $162

Flew up today, just seemed to be at tables complete nutters. and was like candy from a baby - see my topic post called something like "strange hand, what as he doing" for the weirdest one.

R

rvp11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Day 3: BUSTED OUT!!!

Im such a stooge!

I hit the nuts on the flop with an Ace high Flush and decided to slow play it, my opponent did the work for me by going all in and I called. He hits runner, runner 6's to make Four of a kind. I had to laugh, what can you do? Thats Poker, take the good with the bad. I also won a SnG by surviving a couple of all ins where I needed backdoor straights and I made them, so you gotta take the good with the bad.

Im not a stooge for calling with a flush, Im a stooge for becoming an ATM, I tilted like a motherf*cker when I lost that hand, I couldn't stop myself and I tried to win and steal and bluff and go all in every hand!!! Im a tilting machine. I just can't stop without all my cash dissolving.

Also I had managed to get to $160 before I busted out.

T

texaswolf

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess I'll join in this thread. I just got $4.45 worth of freeroll winnings up a little over $50 on bodog.

April 18, 2008 -- Day 1 - $52.53

Last edited:
BigCaliber

BigCaliber

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bankroll would be nice

After playing a few years and learning some harsh lessons $
I am bound bent and determined to make a decent bankroll for free
This will be no easy task but getting better all the time.
Its off to the low sngs and slow and easy approach.
nothing bigger then 10% of bank at a time.
Keep yas posted but it may take a while :)

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After for not playing for maybe two or three months, the break was nice. It's easy to stop playing and not to care when you have no time to realize you should play. ;)

But anyway, I sat down this early morning for maybe 30 minutes at the lowest micros on Stars at an attempt to stay fresh etc. (As fresh as you can get playing for pennies ;) )I was down after two-tabling maybe 90 cents, having bought in for a dollar and the other for 2. Yes, I know, whooo, big money! After closing out the on table where I went broke I immediately doubled up with pocket rockets against k9 off all-in pre. The opponent said he meant to fold, but I'm surprised I won anyway because at the other table, my short stacked Aces pre got ripped apart on the river, when Q6 suited flushed. I can't be upset by someone trying to steamroll then calling 40cents with that. lol I'm glad I'm ahead for the mini session though. I think if anything, getting back into sngs and moving up to the $3 10 or 6-tables is going to be a decent challenge which I look forward to, and hopefully will have time for in the near future.

Good Luck at the Tables Ladies and Gents. :)

marcogd

marcogd

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't posted my results for a while so here's an update.

I took a bit of a hit over the past couple of days, but nothing too bad... yet!

Day 47 (April 16): 484%
Day 51 (April 20): 517%
Day 54 (April 23): 507%

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok. It looks like I'm back as far as toying around in the micros a couple days a week at a minimum.

I played maybe an hour or two this morning after having an extremely long day and basically running on empty as far as energy goes. At first I lost a couple $ in at the .01/.02 tables, in hands where the "coin flips" (I use the term very loosely) didn't prevail after drawing basically dead and getting frustrated for the first 30-40 minutes 3-tabling. Don't push me around with crap I say. I'm not a fool. But, I blame myself. I underestimated my opponents ability to actually fold their suited high cards/crap and my chances of actually winning a race with 70% to take pre. It's not a big deal because I went to the .02/.05 tables and made a decent call to break even for the night. I guess it's back to running in circles again! :eek: :cool: This is exactly why I'd like to get some time to make a killing at the $3 sitngs. Ciao Amigos

brettstix

brettstix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not sure on the number of days since starting however.

Initial deposit. $25

Current balance - $221

884%.

Playing mostly 5/10 cent ring games on UB or $3.00 9 player Turbo sng on Bodog or $4.50 9 player Super Turbo sng on Bodog.

Low level ring games on bodog are soooooooooooo fishy. Players / flop 70%. Never been too successful on those however the SNG's have been very profitable.

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Eh, I tried to find some decent tables at the 10 buy-ins this late night/morning, but the number of tables free seems to dwindle to around 10. I chose one after viewing for a bit and gained about a buck yesterday and today, so there's nothing really to tell. No big or unusual hands really to talk about. I'd say what my percentages are but I'm on a new pc and I'm not exactly sure.

A rough estimate would be that I'm up at about 230% from when I started.

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Crap. I can't catch a hand to save my life.

G.Night.

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1am est = too rampid
4am est = few tables which fill too fast

I dropped into a 6-short-handed table and immediately was dealt KK. Soon thereafter, QQ, flopping a full house. A flush even hit the river, but my opponent seemed to be only trying to push players around without cards because I was dealt AK. K hits flop I check-raise his moderate bet, we hit the river and he folds. I slow-played each hand but suspect he had either nothing or was possibly betting on the flush draw. Either way I leave $2 richer after about 10 minutes at the $10No-Limits. A comfort zone seems to be the appropriate word for what I'm thankfully now feeling at this limit after previous short stints a few months ago of doing well then removing myself after bad runs, then sticking to the sit and goes. Choosing the right table with the right players is key imo. Staying with the game plan never hurt either.

The percentage I previously posting was very wrong. I don't know what I was thinking...So I'll have to look that up and get back to ya.

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Eh, crap. 1 bad hand early on and I'm ending the night gaining enough to break even. The only real chance I had was when neither of the two opponents called me on the flop when having trip eights, with the straight and flush draws on the board, and one of them raising preflop. Other than getting away with a decent bluff, nothing really happened. ciao

If I were to go by the percentages based on the min. starting bankroll I would currently be at 218%. Maybe a graph to come.

L

Liveone1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can I play?

So, I'm pumped because I just loaded my re-loadable visa with $50 and deposited at PS. And I have to say...I F***in' LOVE stars right now even though my first session was a losing one, and @ this rate it would take me about 4 weeks of 24/7 grinding to get my bonus:mad:. I like it because the competition (?) is pretty much non existent at this level which I think is a very crucial moment in my career 'cause I'm starting my BR off.

Current Blinds: .01/.02 (25 Buy-in's @ $2)
Starting BR: $50 (100%)
End of day 1: $45 (90%)[-$5/-10%] - 3 Hours

If you don't feel like reading this crap I feel like typing that will probably not lead anywhere, my high point was + $10. I had increased my BR by 20% and it was at $60 in about 1.5 hours. I would've played more than 3 hours to break even, but due to my bad play and bad luck, I controlled myself and came back from being at a low point of $38 to an acceptable (for me) $45. I say I "controlled myself" because I definitely could've won more at the last table I was at, but I promised myself I would cut my losses, and walk away once (not if) I reached $45 or if I lost another buy in. Control was more important than winning at that moment IMO. Proved something to myself thats vital in anyones poker career.

So, how did I lose 10% of my BR if I love PS so much and claim there are many fish? I went on tilt after a bad beat (yeah I know, on tilt at the 2 cent BB's) that was followed by another one.

This wasn't really a bad beat, more like bad, horrible poker. Flop comes K8KK, I raise, he calls and the board is now K8KK. We bet again (same) and now have a K8KK10 board! Why the excitement? Because I was holding *10. Well, the guy we kept raising was a conservative guy, so there were red flags everywhere, but the thing is, last time we went heads up, about 5 hands prior to this, he raised the exact same way (time & amount) and the guy had flopped a set with 22. I figured that either: A) this guys holdin' an 8 or mid pair or B) He's got some balls and is trying to bluff me. Long story short (too late for that) he was holding Pocket Ace's. I lost my $2 buy in + $6 profit I had made.

Focus of the day: Difference between a good player and a bad one is how much a good player saves on his/her losses and makes on his/her wins as opposed to the losing player. I read that somewhere on here and man is it drilled into my head now. I'll pay attention to these red flags from now on, and not give players so much credit at this level (not underestimate them, but not over think)...I knew he was VERY conservative...but he reeled me in...ugh!

The bad beat? I was holding JJ and had a commanding $5 chip stack (I only buy in with $2[100BB's]). some guy with $1.10 goes all in and I say why not. He was holding QJ and was about to be sent to bed until the river gave him his Q. Shortly after this, the river gave somebody a higher straight than I had, and I ended up losing another $2 buy in :(. I then went on tilt (hahah) and started doing dumb stuff and got all the way down to $38!!!!

I then realized what I was doing...exactly what I told myself I wouldn't do once I deposited into a site...lose control. I calmed down for 5 and got back on it. Got back to $45 and told myself that if I did in fact get back to $45, I'd walk away and cut my losses, no matter how good I was doing ( I was on a freakin' roll! I know I could've added another $10...I had that table wrapped around my finger!!! Was HARD to walk away). More important than winning at this point was the ability to control myself...I don't want to end up owning money to KGB :p.

Last edited:
L

Liveone1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Current Blinds: .01/.02 (25 Buy-in's @ $2)
Starting BR: $50 (100%)
End of day 1: $45 (90%)[-$5/-10%] - 3 Hours
Mid Day 2: $46.50 (93%)[+$1.50/+3%] - 2 Hours

Started Multi-tabling today, and playing tight poker. Don't try to call bluffs or anything. The focus is to save on my losses at this stage 'cause my wins will mostly be big ones. Also, my table selection seems to be okay for now. Update at the end of the night.

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, the weekend has definitely arrived. This is confirmed by the fact I couldn't get a good starting hand if my life depended on it. A couple early "whoopsies" tonight, led to ending the night on the losing side.

day 01a: 218%
day 02a: 210%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management