which kind of hand would you rather lose?

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would rather stab myself in the ear with an ice pick than lose to a donkey that gets it in bad. But if I did that, I'd be deaf by now. I HATE to lose any hand, but if I lose, I would hope it would be because of something I did wrong instead of villian sucking out.

Well sometimes we all get it in bad and catch our outs to take their chips, that's just part and parcel of the game and makes poker what it is! Would be unprofitable to anyone if favourites held up all the time and of course boring.

Jeight

Jeight

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
rather loose to the AA...Loosing to a/rag is great.. mark the guy for next time if you get put out or now without fear hammer him when hes raising light.

M

mrmood6007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would rather lose the first way honestly, because from the very beginning you have no idea that you are going to lose. You know that when you go all-in with AA pre-flop for example, you have the best starting hand in poker and are ahead. Of course, it is possible that people hit 2-outers, because it's poker and it could always happen. But at least, you know you are a huge favorite, with the second type of hand, you are at best a coin flip.

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate losing with Aces. When you get them, especially for a Tag cash player like me, it's like ok here's a nice pot, then when it all goes in and they hit the 2 outer with KK, it's irritating as hell. But I'd rather lose AK to A7 because I'll just reload and take his stack next time.

blackmax

blackmax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Both ways suck but expecially the 2 outer...

D

discominkie

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate losing with Aces. When you get them, especially for a Tag cash player like me, it's like ok here's a nice pot, then when it all goes in and they hit the 2 outer with KK, it's irritating as hell. But I'd rather lose AK to A7 because I'll just reload and take his stack next time.

Agreed, this way you have a chance of getting it back again...unless you are in a tourney of course

pricecube

pricecube

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try not to get too cheesed off when my AA loses to KK or QQ or even JJ because if I call my opponents all in, I played the hand correctly anyway and if my opponent calls my all in, I can see why they did it with such a strong holding. It's when I shove with AA and get called with 66 and lose to a flopped 6 that I tend to lose the plot. Temporary anger in the knowledge that over time I should win more of those than I lose.

BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just got outed by A/6, off, late in the tourney

I had A/Q suited, flop, AA4, 7 , 6.

Damn

F

fugitive67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I must say I rather lose the second way because at least the other person had a legit hand.

exactly to me there are bad beats where your opponent did nothing wrong and it just became straight gambling and i understand ur gonna lose nearly 20% of the time ... that's 1 out of 5 ... it happens

but when your opponent just calls with A-rag in a spot where they were not short stacked ... you were not playing loosely ... there's no read ... that hurts ... they might have had to go somewhere with their wife, so they just went ... oh well ... here goes and it turns into your significant bad beat to either cripple or elim. you ... OUCH!

H

Hoosiers71

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The most frustrating way to lose for me is when I have TPTK or Trips on the flop vs a flush draw, and the guy with the flush draw pushes all in and I have no alternative but to call.

I understand this is the right play when you are low stacked, but often times this will happen early in a tournament when everyone has the same amount of money. (online that is)

Ice Wolf

Ice Wolf

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The one's that completely piss me off are the losses when you have someone completely covered. Like when someone calls your AA with an AK and you still end up losing the hand.

bredstik

bredstik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agreed. When I played the hand right, and am way ahead when the cards are shown, only to lose to runner runner or a 1 outer. THOSE are the ones that really get me....

DawgBones

DawgBones

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Refusing to answer this cause 3 out of the first 7 responders were banned. :eek: Conclusion... answer wrong and be gone:afraid: :vroam:

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands