Investing $1000 in online poker

S

Sjonion620

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say whatever you gonna do, don't bet it all on 1 horse. Play many sites, and make sure you get a first deposit bonus at all sites. Once cleared, go to the next. This will increase your window of winnings enormously!

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, with $1000 BR, I would divide it to 3 poker sites. Registering to 1 site, its hard to clear the bonus, so spread it to at least 3. Now after clearing it. You can maintain which site profits you and walk away sites that you lose, then look for other sites again and continue the process...

Goodluck.

S

SpookMBluffwell

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cash

Id play cash tables...just know when to walk away or your "investment" wont last long!!

HaNz17

HaNz17

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First of all, you should put a kind of goals while playing:

amount
hours
study

after having made ​​a stake, you should know that if you're level is basic as you can play lower limits of 1.50 to 5 us if you can progress your limits go up according to earnings.
good luck

Henry Minute

Henry Minute

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With the comfort of $1000 behind me and if you are considering S'n'Gs, I wouldn't start at quite the lowest level for the site you like. There are too many luck box all-inners with 7,2off. The variance is therefore outside the norm.

Go up 1, maybe 2, levels. If you find the competition too tough you then have room to drop down whilst 'practicing'.

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Honestly just use the 100 BI rule and make sure you don't fall below around 750...If you do look back and rethink and go over what you feel you did wrong...Not sure what your game type is (cash tables, sngs, MTTs) However if your playing sngs make sure they are not high variance.....1k is a lot to be investing however if you already won it you don't have to start from the bottom.....$5.50 MTTs or NL10 cash is a base start (unless you've beaten that)...If anything (as others have stated) go use that $ to play live....because 1k is A LOT to be investing in online poker...

C

clownbaby

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you all for your honest posts, suggestions and advices. I appreciate that a lot. The thing is, believe it or not, I really don't care that much for money. I'm not a rich guy but I do have all I need and this 1k I made on poker from scratch, I even made it more but I was feeling bad to gamble. Now this money is for play only and it's already 'thrown' if you know what I mean. Either I will make more, either I will lost whole sum. Trully, my philosophy of poker is to have fun and enjoy the great game. I have learned so much about myself, about my emotions, patience etc. One thing never changed and I love that, I am playing always only with the money I don't need or for last few years, I play only with won money. Now, I want to put this cash on one site and play it few times per week, seriously gambling and trying to make more. .

Play on Stars and focus on a certain game. NLH is the most studied game at the moment. Plenty of good spots in other games, plus you get to change your perspective on the game as a whole.

DaveE

DaveE

Solvem probler
Project Moderator
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Only skimmed the previous replies but $7 45 man SNGs are really soft. Be very aware of your own table image early, steal when you can get away with it in the middle stages, standard push/fold (baluga) in the later stages.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Only skimmed the previous replies but $7 45 man SNGs are really soft. Be very aware of your own table image early, steal when you can get away with it in the middle stages, standard push/fold (baluga) in the later stages.

good advice for someone who knows how to play but I think in this instance, OP would be far better off to buy a couple books & join a training site as previously suggested. :p ;)

DaveE

DaveE

Solvem probler
Project Moderator
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
good advice for someone who knows how to play but I think in this instance, OP would be far better off to buy a couple books & join a training site as previously suggested. :p ;)

Okay, you made me read the whole thread...but yeah, you're right.

el_magiciann

el_magiciann

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I suggest you to play the type of games you know you are the best at, and use good bankroll management, but i think you are good enough and you know these things. Have fun at the tables and good luck to at least tripple the money u have now :)

Tom1559

Tom1559

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Impossible to answer this without knowing your poker capability, poker history, stats etc. Only you know the information that is needed to allow you to make an informed decision. Good luck whatever you decide.

zegaum

zegaum

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As the author of the topic quoted, he created this bank from scratch, something that proves to be highly successful in the choices of games that he did. And as the "less important to him is the money," believe should play tournaments you liked, and what stood out for achieving this bank. I partcularmente do that. So enjoy myself, playing with pleasure, and would also have the ability to continue increasing the bank.

twan2630

twan2630

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try play some cash game and play that you fell you are good to. :)
What site are you playing on?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
How'd it go?
What games did (are) you play(ing)?
Did you win?

left52side

left52side

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well first and formost,find a site that you enjoy and trust.
Be careful as building your bankroll to not keep it all rapped up in the site.
(I learned the hard way)
Also as far as cash and tournaments go,play what you are comfortable with.
I myself am strickly A tournament player and excell in tournaments in the long run as compared to being a losing cash player.
1000.00 is A decent start for an online bank roll,but dont get carried away and play out of your limits.
I would personally suggest finding some guarantee tournaments in the 10.00 range and build from there.
Bovada has some amazing guarantee tournaments in that price range that are deep stack and often pay pretty well.
I think if im not mistaking there is a 10,000 guarantee everynight for 10.00.
Plus lots of others that are guarantee tournaments.
If you choose to play cash games I would suggest not playing ove .25/.50 to start and see how it feels for you.

Faust

Faust

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on your level of comfort. I would play better in high tables rather than in low tables because it's a different kind of game, different kind of table pshychology. If you understand it and you feel secure the way you play definitely go to high tables.

PrayForSpades

PrayForSpades

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Grind the $12 180 man on stars.

S

Steves222

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Send the money my way ill take the burden off your hands.

G

Game_Gran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My personal preference is for Sit N Gos. Tournaments have bigger paybacks if you finish up in the money but they require large investments of time - many hours often. Cash games can cost you an awful lot in a few hands so unless you are very confident in your skills I would stay away from them, especially no-limit games. Fixed limit games are better but again there is a grind factor here and you need to put in the time and often your winnings get compromised by the rake.

billy198702

billy198702

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would advise to play the cash games of course but on the other hand it all depends on play style if your good at the long run games and don't care money I think getting MTT 's going and than the bigger ones like the big 22 or 109 or even the 215 at PS you will fight against the better pot off guys near the end but this will give you an optimal experience of handling situations

R

racorel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
only advice and the best....is to play the game system you prefer you best...

you can not get after advice from my point of view...what advice would you can ask is about the stakes that you can play...I hope I've been helpful and I hope to be successful in poker

M

Macaroon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Throw half on Carbon, other half on Bovada and see which site you like better.

Do you not read anything? The OP is in Europe and cannot play on Bovada or Carbon!!!!!

FastOne

FastOne

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Good luck with your project, whatever type of game you decide to play (you could mix it up, also). If I were to choose for myself, and would only be able to choose one option, I'd choose tournament, but that's just me, where I'd feel more comfortable.

Now, even though you won this money playing poker, it's a good amount of money. Don't go and play at a much higher level than you usually do... if things don't go too well, you might go on tilt and could potentially lose a lot of money.