yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
maybe some time would be good, to study, analyze your mistakes.

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Should I quit playing poker?
I think you just really need to re frame the structure of your poker playing. From a quick look at your graph, you've played just over 200 games and lost $1000. Considering I can see a few wins in there, when combined with other cashes you've probably spent at least $2000 on buy ins. So I assume you've been playing average of $11 buy ins. Clearly these games are too high for you.

If you want to keep playing the game and attempting to reverse this trend you need to forget the losses and start from scratch. Play 200 minimum, $1 max buy in games. Even if your results continue, you will actually have improved your results by $950, as you will only have lost $50

But, before you play, forget all the fancy play at $11 level. Learn how to win at microstakes. Following Blackrain will help. Come back and let us know how these games went.

You will need to stop chasing losses and just accept for now that they are gone. Hope this helps, and good luck

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Should I stop playing poker?
Don't stop completely, continue but with control, analyze the wins and losses, and don't play with vengeance or increasing to recover your defeats. Good luck

amonlima

amonlima

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
No friend, you just have to study, try to improve your game every day, from that, the results will come naturally

Delenia

Delenia

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If the losses are weighing on you, it could help to give it a break until you are in a better frame of mind. Mental attitude has a large effect on results. Good luck!

EnzoRS94

EnzoRS94

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
If you're not having fun anymore, just quit yeah.
it would be for the best

JappsPK

JappsPK

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Take a time would be good. Later you can study, analyze, start playing differently...

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, you must have great potential, you must evolve, seek to invest in studies and play more.
And go in search of bigger prizes and win more and more.

staytrue001

staytrue001

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If it was free money, then I do not see this problem, if it was necessary or even the last money, it is worth stopping unequivocally

S

Sopt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SI
Chips
I would just ask myself, do I still enjoy playing? If the answer is yes I would continue but maybe move to the lower limits as some suggested. If the answer is no I would most certainly put it on hold for a few months and reassess restarting later on.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not know if you should quit playing, but you should quit depositing. Maybe move to freerolls and try to build your roll from there and when your bankroll supports it move to micros.

pankoffff

pankoffff

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
You need to play responsibly, stop aggression without a hand, and bluff less.

hjuosh

hjuosh

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
Why you don’t try -play chips- first. Try to learn and later go back with real money.

ramorleans

ramorleans

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I appreciate all your comments guys! I think my issue is I keep chasing my loses from time to time and it makes my head cloudy.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
you should temporarily learn poker and play free tournaments after you start making money with them, go and play with this money or invest your money

M

magex

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you just really need to re frame the structure of your poker playing. From a quick look at your graph, you've played just over 200 games and lost $1000. Considering I can see a few wins in there, when combined with other cashes you've probably spent at least $2000 on buy ins. So I assume you've been playing average of $11 buy ins. Clearly these games are too high for you.

If you want to keep playing the game and attempting to reverse this trend you need to forget the losses and start from scratch. Play 200 minimum, $1 max buy in games. Even if your results continue, you will actually have improved your results by $950, as you will only have lost $50

But, before you play, forget all the fancy play at $11 level. Learn how to win at microstakes. Following Blackrain will help. Come back and let us know how these games went.

You will need to stop chasing losses and just accept for now that they are gone. Hope this helps, and good luck
I agree with this poster, its bankroll management first, before seeing whats wrong. Obviously learning post is important, but once you have fundamentals, i would say always as a new player start from the lowest level upwards. Regardless of what money you have to set aside for poker. Because this is where the most of the new people start. If you can beat these constantly, then proceed upwards. Freerolls, lowest buyin sngs, lowest buyin cashgames.

Then you can work out your winrate over 100 or more sessions. Probably if you have the money to spend, it pays to use a hand tracker on any sites that still allow this, and then have a look at particular hands you might be losing big on, if any. And whether you are winning enough to counter the loss of money going into rake.

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In poker, there are intervals of losses at a distance, the main thing is not to give up and try to understand what is going wrong, maybe you need more theory, and then it's better to review the training videos, there are a lot of them on the Internet. Maybe you should lower your game limits and come back to them after you've worked on your game. Maybe your bankroll isn't good for limits you played. There are many options if you want to grow in poker and develop.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It looks like the perfect time to DEPOSIT and take advantage of any deposit bonuses you can find!

Good luck.... now could be YOUR time!

Don't quite before the miracle happens. It could be just around the corner! ... ie. Someone will be winning $1million this weekend in the pokerstars SunMillion 17th Ann. game. It could be you! Why not?

ramorleans

ramorleans

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Gallarado777 how can I contact you? I have no message or PM available here in this forum.​

spectralwave

spectralwave

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually always leave my bankroll to play tournaments, redeem over 10k always keeping a reasonable bankroll so I don't have a table registration problem.