HU STT playing against flush draws

S

stuventus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok so its a heads up tourney, and sometimes you just know when they are drawing to a flush. how would you play you hand. Would you play a straight (unable to improve) any different to two pair / trips (re drawing to the boat).

The way I see it is I either just open shove if they are a station and hope I hold up.

Or bet big and hope they fold. But then if the flush card lands what do you do?

Oh, and if any mods wish to move this to "poker theory" feel free, as it should probably go there.

Mase31683

Mase31683

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really don't think I could ever "know" someone's on a flush draw, just cuz it behooves a thinking HU player to play many hands passively. However, if draws make up a large % of his range, I'm probably just going to do my normal thing, which is fire out 2/3-pot on the flop, and go from there.

If I win right there it's great. I take it down, my image gets a little worse, I'll take that. If he calls, and the worst card comes, may have to shut down, but depending on the opponent my play on the turn/river varies.

I'm not getting away from a straight very often HU, cuz there are lots of opponents still willing to stack off with sets, twopairs, that we're crushing, plus maybe he has something like a pair with a big one card flush draw, and now he's turning on the aggression thinking it's a good semi-blufing spot.

Assuming a non-horrible turn, I'd fire as much as this oponnent is going to call with a one-pair holding expecting better hands to raise me, and ship it in, and extract max value from his one pair hands.

Full Flush Poker