How do you deal with annoying players?!?!

S

SBritt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I troll (not insulting, just acting aloof or making up funny scenarios) but other times I would like to play seriously. If someone is acting an ass I will typically just mute them and be done with it.

L

lscwin1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to argue back many years ago but now I just ignore them. If I feel the need to say something it's usually "you must be proud of that play" or maybe "nice hand" secretly in my mind leaving out the word a$$hole after nice hand...makes me feel better which is all that really counts...haha!

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ignorance is the key because without any attention and answer they will stop with thrash talk

yura shpiler

yura shpiler

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
if not just ignore lose vigilance can not concentrate and fly even just keep yourself in hand!

ccocco

ccocco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
we must not ignore the others. concentrate on your game and nothing else. exploit the good times they come from strong hands and get the chips to which they are annoying. that simple. lol

Shamaniski

Shamaniski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't play live poker anymore. Part of the reason is annoying players who berate others. Like I would never play even a 1k wsop event cause could get at table with someone like Phil Hellmuth or Tony G.

legman2

legman2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't express my true feelings here because I wouldn't be being honest with myself. I will just say I do not care for mad, old, slow and no action players live or online.

BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am That ANNOYING Player.

I just Ignore Myself.

Larryvillain

Larryvillain

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hygiene

When playing live poker (and I do daily), it's not the annoying things that other players say that effect me. A good pair of earbuds can eliminate that. The thing that tilts me the most is a stinky neighbor. There is a regular in my daily game and they are habitually far from fresh smelling. I am friendly with this person and I don't know how to address it. I'm tired of smelling it every day. Any suggestions?

kabrouto22

kabrouto22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well most of the times i find it funny as hell! I always join in and troll the heck outta them.It gets even better when we are in the middle of the tourney with big stacks.Well most of the times the players are donkeys and i warn them every single hand that i am the one who will get their chips and make em go to sleep and eventually i do it.Helluva feeling that is! :D

S

Schizophrenn

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I`d try to explain all that PAIN and SUFFERING from that annoying players, but I always keep calm or change table.

P

PAYtheLEGEND

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ignore them easy as that lol..

M

Macaroon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I'm not sure what an annoying player is. If he/she plays within the rules I can see no cause for complaint. If I win a hand (it happens occasionally) and someone calls me an idiot (it happens frequently) I usually just reply: TY.

After all I want every other player to assume I am an idiot...

bredstik

bredstik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to have fun with it if they're annoying because they're talking smack. It's harder if they're playing ridiculously reckless or using up all of their time, trying to get under everyone's skin and force people to go on tilt.

n3rv

n3rv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is better to just ignore, although on some occasions you can use it to your advantage.

E.g. if someone has just called you a nit then you can probably bluff them pretty easily in the next hand...

enolan

enolan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I just started playing (and didn't have a clue) it would totally mess with my head if someone was 'effing and blinding' at me, or even to someone else at the table. I would completely loose concentration and all I could think about was 'what actually happened here?'. My chips were as gone as gone.
Now, I love it for two reasons ..
i) Humour: I laugh my head off imagining this idiot, in a room on his own, going berzerk at his computer (picture Ben Stiller in that Friends episode).
ii) Profit: It's a sure sign of a weak player and I'll be eyeing up their chips.

strokin07

strokin07

Kindly Gladiator
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Strokin07

I usually do this at swearing in chat to answer his curse sometimes even funny and fun and then try to knock that player out of the tournament or game.:D

Archer_eSp

Archer_eSp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i ignore them or put an smile emoticon