How do you control yourself?

I

I_B_Freaky

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL......this is awsome.

I did my best in cash games when I lost my chat (for going nuts against a person calling thier whole stack with a gutshot straight draw on the river - the only way they could make the call on the flop was to know what was coming - they didn't get the gut shot until the turn - anything else was just a stupid play - they had to be able to see the cars). Oh, it was in a sat rebuy for the $530.00 sunday million. I won a spot. :p And lost my chat. LOL

Hit your wall like ZZ did - or - get it out of your system and go off on someone. I think you can do it once a year.....they shut mine off for 90 days. It was worth it!!

FU BAD BEATS

024.jpg

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the only way they could make the call on the flop was to know what was coming - they didn't get the gut shot until the turn - anything else was just a stupid play - they had to be able to see the cars).
Please tell me you're not serious...

JustRaiseTheBlinds

JustRaiseTheBlinds

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Buy a stress ball?
That must work...

ludo90

ludo90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is some bad beats you just cant hold your self .. ive been chat banned twice now @FTP and now they are saying one more time and i will not be able to chatt again..
Really , sure it's unecessary to insult etc but when ppl are typing like "haha you suck" after they drawn you out and you Conter whit different insulting words .. BOTH should get banned .. although right now i feel like im in kindergarden writing this haha! :D
But i promised my self not to say anything insulting in the chatt and keep my self calm .. so far so good , not been chat banned for 1 month i think :D!

NewLucker

NewLucker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why get angry? If you are a superior player, as you say :p , then just sit back and wait for your chance to take the donks down....it should be easy money playing with people who have no skills.:D
Absolutely precisely! They are everywhere! I hope on average and big limits them is not present?! Because of such donks i smoke as a steam locomotive!
72864.gif
:D

T

trojan87

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ive lost my bankroll because of tilt everytime on ftp about 3 times already. i lost my bankroll on AP about 5 times bc of ap / ub blackjack unwinnable. it happens to me also i broke my last laptop bc of a few hands that were such garbage like aa vs kk blind SB vs BB and jj flop j33 girl had 33 blind vs blind. i smashed that pc lol. guess i hv anger issues also.

CAMurray

CAMurray

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"Figures"

Unfortunately I have a anger problem when I lose a big pot/game to a much inferior hand in poker or if some donk is playing badly.

I know I look like an idiot when I start swearing and arguing in the chat, because when I see other people do the same and I'm not involved, I laugh to myself and think how stupid they are..

I don't want others to look at me like that but its so hard to keep it in when its so easy to start swearing in the chat lol.

I don't want to disable chat...any other have to deal with the same issue?

I do my best to prepare myself for bad news especially on FTP. When it hits badlyI usually just say to myself, “ figures” , a give a sarcastic, NH. For those at the table with ability, they understand and for the rest who cares.

guppystew

guppystew

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I keep my cigerettes out in backyard, I also have a stick that i beat the crap out of patio chair.

other than that, the river will always reward that crazy push from the **** at any site. My anger has lost me many a hands after a bad beat.

I have learned ( easier said than done ) to not tilt an stoop to the, pray for a suckout after pushing ( to many bluffers )

G

Guittars

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well, there's been a range of advice on here. It seems to range from become a Monk and just chant some shit to beat the shit out of anything that happens to be nearby.

I used to get wound up about things. I personally reckon the main factor in dealing with bad beats is age. I'm much more calm now at 34 than I was at 24. But shit, that's 10 years, not very helpful.

If you're a reader or can become one, then the best advice I can give is to read:

The Poker Mindset by Ian Taylor and Matthew Hilger.

It's a great book. Basically reinforces the fact that ... well, shit happens.

And them some.

G

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I follow the example of my friend Trigga & just say nice hand, cause I know in the long run my superior poker skilz will triumph.
Also I hear they now accept Slansky $ on E-bay.

Last edited:
A

AJfromUS

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I get angry all the time when I am doing good then lose a good hand to the river. It puts me on immediate tilt :D and if I pull back up to what I had I start to chill out and play smarter again.. I have been trying to work on this and also my poor bankroll management.

E

Ernster86

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL thanks for the advice everyone, I'm surprised the amount of replies this thread has gotten! Keep them coming as I know I'm not the only one who has tilt issues.

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately I have a anger problem when I lose a big pot/game to a much inferior hand in poker or if some donk is playing badly.

I know I look like an idiot when I start swearing and arguing in the chat, because when I see other people do the same and I'm not involved, I laugh to myself and think how stupid they are..

I don't want others to look at me like that but its so hard to keep it in when its so easy to start swearing in the chat lol.

I don't want to disable chat...any other have to deal with the same issue?

Everybody gets angry sometimes. Especially if there's a bad beat. I suggest you to swear before the monitor in your room, not in the chat. :) If you do it regularly, they will report it to the support and they do it well. It's very childish, so dont swear in chat.

T

TIGERSTUMP

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
best way to deal with the bad beats wen u are mad as hell ,,is to get up walk away ,,have a fag, make a brew,,generly calm yeself down,,,becuase if u carry on playin whilst u are so angry ule play steaming poker and loose money hand over fist if u decide to play cash tabs....as far as bad mouthing players in chat,,that somthing u got curve or ule get chat banned

L

losts0ul

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad beats always happen, you have to put that in your head when you play poker. Curse a little bit and get over it and don't lose your cool, you will make the money back in the long run. Don't think optimistic, be realistic.

T

ted80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
twice in a row, once in a freeroll (no surprise) and once in a cheapo sng, my in position standard raise with AK has been called by a previous limper. in the freeroll...the flop came down 8-9-10, other guy shoves...i folded, and he showed JQo. ok, whatever...i would have folded that hand, got a little lucky, that's fine. in the sng, AK, in position, std raise, called by prev limper...flop is 6-7-8. they check, i bet, they raise, i re-raise, they shove....this time, i just had to see it, i'm thinkin pocket pairs, maybe they even have top pair and hoping to ride it out, i don't know, i knew they were kinda fishy the whole game,but i know (or think) i'm gonna lose...i just had to know if it was another straight...it was, they show 9-10o. sweet! i cussed em real good too, called em everything in the book, said "what made you call that raise with that hand?" in several not so nice ways...the thing is, they'll never know cause i never said it in chat, haha

at the same time...within 5 mins, i'm playing the satellite to the ferguson on full tilt. down to the last 150 ppl or so, i'm short, oooh pocket jacks and i'm lookin to shove almost anything at this point. the chick with 50thou in chips calls, oh no, she's got QQ....but what shows up on the river? i'm thinkin its nothing or a Q, but this time...its a fish hook and i got me one. went ahead and made my little t$1. only she cussed me...in chat, said "FU!"..but what would you have done...hippie on the other side of the table said "you both did the right thing"...i don't know though i didn't say anything but i would have folded the QQ, my stack was enough to hurt her bad enough that she probably had to double up again...where she probably had a decent chance of folding for glory...she cussed me for it. i cuss vocally though...its the way to be, i say vile blasphemous things, but fortunately, none of these poker sites have a mic hookup or anything

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
FU BAD BEATS

024.jpg

LMFAO!!! Awesome!!!

Seriously though, there are a lot of words of wisdom replied here, I particularly liked what Savage & Surf had to say. Good Luck learning to avoid tilt, this is your first step and at least you are making an effort and have recognized it and how it is affecting your game.

xtrigemino

xtrigemino

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I understand your point, mmmm how can control yourself.. In my case my girlfriend do that, she doesn´t play but listen my bad words when some wrong happens. Just take a break and don´t use the chat.

Gl

N

notears

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Just sit out and walk away for a sec or 2....Thats what i do and it seems to work.

mets40

mets40

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Steps to avoid anger issues/responses:

1) GROW UP!!!
2) See step one.

Sharesol

Sharesol

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I
1) Take a break. unless ofcourse its a MTT in which case:
2) Realize its going to happen x% of the time. go grab a beer.
3) Never play with too much of my Bank roll so that if I do get sucked out, it doesn't effect me more harshly then it should.
4) get on cardschat and read the bad beats section and post it there.

G

Grindit9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I understand your point, mmmm how can control yourself.. In my case my girlfriend do that, she doesn´t play but listen my bad words when some wrong happens. Just take a break and don´t use the chat.

Gl

Let your girlfriend calm you in another way, that works for me.....