How to deal with rudeness at the online table?

G

greenscholar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it gets too bad, report them and mute it so you don't get more angered. You're less likely to get involved yourself that way

K

kapos77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
do not pay attention and move confidently to win

nevedimka29

nevedimka29

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so you can chat to block or ignore

Xcoder

Xcoder

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to see rude people at the tables all the time. But for awhile now I always have my player chat off, I don't see any rude comments anymore. :smile:

Q

QA77

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Block chat. It is very easy online. In live games you have to ignore and act lile it doesn't bother you. You don't want people to think you are tilting.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In many poker rooms is a function of neglect. You can just complain to the moderator.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the best advice against rudeness in online poker - it's completely disable your chat in the program settings. With rudeness is useless to fight. In the extreme case, it is necessary to write poker room administration.
Personally, I have my chat disabled, turn sometimes in the CardsChat games:D.

adamovic

adamovic

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just focus on the game and ignore them.if anyway after a lot of time players are mmoved from tables

macthemax

macthemax

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BE
Chips
just ignore it.
if its to rude report it.

K

kidduh

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea just ignore anyone like that. All they are trying to do is throw you off your game

E

edcwy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Provide notice to the offending player to please refrain from derogatory dialog, if non-compliant, report them.

As a player we are part of a community. All sites have a policy regarding table behavior.

Does anyone think as to why?

We are all patrons of this community. We have ownership. When one misbehaves, that behavior reflects upon all of us.

We have a duty, each one of us, to correct the behavior of the bad apples. It matters as poker tries to become legitimate in the eyes of the public.

Legitimization will lead to legalization, more people playing, higher purses.

CriesuaID

CriesuaID

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I simply disable chat (or change the chat table to another info).

U

Ultfrozen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These players trying to take you out of balance and worsen your game, you have to ignore them and keep playing like the last time )

D

Dan Lucas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree to just ignore them. I have been guilty of getting out of line, and it is unacceptable. If it gets too abusive, report them. You are correct that it is about having fun. As many have said before, hate the game, not the player.

B

brianthompson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stay silent and do not respond, if it gets too bad other players will call an official to the table.

T0mmmi

T0mmmi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had some experience with it....so I learned the best is to send them kiss smile and afterwards turn off chat and fully concentrate on game ( + report them)

The other aspect is that those players are probably :

a) getting very lucky and just annoying others

b) tilting ( more likely) and you should take that into consideration and use it against them :)

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
U can grill em even more in attempt to make em lose chips :D

as soon as I see something over the line, I immediately block their chat in order to not let me be distracted.

Awrpze

Awrpze

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I bypass it all and turn chat off. I find that chat serves little purpose than to distract me anyway, regardless of negative commentary.

D

ds276

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are rude at the desk, or I turn off the chat and try not to pay attention to such players. The best way to answer boor - is to knock him out of the game.