ramorleans

ramorleans

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi All,

I work 9-5 and playing online poker most of the time, Sometimes I play bad and sometimes I earn some profit. What is your take to become a full time poker player for living?

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I wish you luck on doing that. Its not that easy. Sometime playing bad and sometime earning a profit is not what you want to say. Winning and loosing happen but playing bad usually means there is a lot of work to be done. I am a student of the game and what I have come to realize is that there is a lot to learn. I don't say you cant do it and I hope you do but it wont be easy.

I would suggest making sure to learn this game well and make sure you are a winning player before moving up takes smartly. Work within you bank roll while doing it. I would no stop working. I may take you a few years to actually become good enough to play at that level.

fryderyk

fryderyk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
It's not really easy to become a professional player with a full day at your disposal. Just because you have time to play doesn't mean you'll make a living from it. Theoretically, it's very easy if you play more than you lose, but in practice it's not so easy.

amonlima

amonlima

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Your journey will not be easy, I'm already ahead of you, however, your profile fits cash games, try to study, seek courses, coaching, so you will become a successful player.

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
It's difficult to put it like this, but the first thing is to learn to manage the bank and play only what is within the parameters, then patience, study hard, pay attention to statistics, analysis of opponents, get used to using different tactical approaches at different times of the game. session, learn to handle the tilt etc etc

Miguel Chacon

Miguel Chacon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
To become Pro you need to follow a discipline in strategies and bankroll, I believe the best way is starting at the micro-stakes and going up beating each level, at the beginning you need to past at least 50-60% of your poke time studying and trying the strategies that you've learned on the tables, I believe with a great effort you can move from micro-stakes in 5-6 months, once you start playing NL25-50 the game becomes more challenging, but discipline and good bankroll management you can make it, also if you really want it you can save enough money to live for a year while trying to make a living of poker around where you're at NL100 I believe the winnings at that level are around $3K per month with a win rate of 3BB/100 and playing around 100K hand per month.

The question is "Do you really want it?" 🤔

Good luck

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi All,

I work 9-5 and playing online poker most of the time, Sometimes I play bad and sometimes I earn some profit. What is your take to become a full time poker player for living?
In my opinion, people who play NL100+ limits and have a stable profit can be considered professional poker players. Or, in general, if you want to become a poker legend, you need to play in tournaments with a buy-in of $10 000 or more and win the world series of poker. But for all this, you need to work hard and study. I wish you every success.

Quaresma

Quaresma

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I believe that a full-time dedication to the game is necessary. A constant study routine and sessions lasting 6 to 10 hours per day. At least 5 days a week. Respecting the bankroll and having a volume above 500 games per month. Still, to be pro I think you should play average buy'in over 200 dollars.

gravii2011

gravii2011

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
constantly learning, luck and discipline

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Becoming a professional poker player is like becoming a professional racing driver, drummer or stand-up comedian I expect. Just be the best in your group, in the next group up, in the wider area. If you're the best then you'll move up. I remember a TV presenter saying he knew more about dinosaurs then anyone else in his class, then his school, then his county and then the whole area. Just be better!

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi All,

Hi.
First of all, you need to make a final decision for yourself. If you have such a goal, then it is quite real. Everything depends on you, on your patience and persistence.
To begin with, you need to have a very clear bankroll management system. This is the basis, without bankroll management you will not be able to become a professional.
Here is a short article, read it, I think it will be useful to you.
Good luck :)

AlphaCentauro

AlphaCentauro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To become a poker pro you have to be born into a rich family. Very rarely will you find a pro that became known from nothing. Most of these so called pros are rich from the get go and have millions to burn.

Berandir

Berandir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I believe it is an arduous path, but with study and dedication it can become a reality. Anyone who says that joining a team, which promotes classes, analyzes your hands played can shorten your path to get there!

davidsincara

davidsincara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good luck, hope you achieve your goals and poker becomes a way of licing for you