My February 200NL adventure (prop bet)

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well done Combu! I expect you to blow past my number in the next session.

I bow to your imminent success and your massive ROI. :adore:

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
stop encouraging him please, ita not good for my money

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
stop encouraging him please, ita not good for my money

I think you guys should all get together for a "final table" as he gets close so you can kiss your moneies goodbye in two ways. :D

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Almost there; good stuff.

Gonna let us rail you when you crash through the barrier?

i'll probably post when i get within a few hundred hands or so and again once i reach 50k. people are welcome to rail, although it may be kind of anti-climactic since i'll be on multiple tables and there's no way of knowing which exact hand breaks the milestone :)

have hit a few roadblocks tonight and last night but am staying afloat (at 44.5k hands right now fwiw). would be nice to end this thing on a positive note, but i realize the poker gods don't really care about that sort of thing. i've yet to have a really awesome single day, so saturday would be a cool time for that!

peace and love

JaBone30

JaBone30

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really have enjoyed this thread and monitoring your progress. I dont know how much it helped my game but it sure has been fun to watch. I wish u the best of luck the next couple of days and look foward to seein u more around the site.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i'll probably post when i get within a few hundred hands or so and again once i reach 50k. people are welcome to rail, although it may be kind of anti-climactic since i'll be on multiple tables and there's no way of knowing which exact hand breaks the milestone :)

have hit a few roadblocks tonight and last night but am staying afloat (at 44.5k hands right now fwiw). would be nice to end this thing on a positive note, but i realize the poker gods don't really care about that sort of thing. i've yet to have a really awesome single day, so saturday would be a cool time for that!

peace and love
Cut down on tables when u got like 100 to go and then go to 1 table when there is 20 to go?

Ohhh and yeah GL!

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
right now all buy-out prices = $100 more than whatever the bet was, to make up for all the money i'm losing tonight :p

Crystal Blue

Crystal Blue

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey combu, now that you are approaching your last 24 hours, are there any added snippets of information you would like to share with us?
I know you will likely round off the whole thing with an informative post about your experiences but I was wondering if you might want to share some stuff with us now, leading up the the grand finale. Cheers.

JaBone30

JaBone30

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We r puulin 4 u combu, rock this biaaatch!! I'm ROLLIN, ROLLIN, ROLLIN, And playin poker intresting mix YEAAAAAH! WWWHHAATTTT! OKAAAYYYYY!

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey combu, now that you are approaching your last 24 hours, are there any added snippets of information you would like to share with us?
I know you will likely round off the whole thing with an informative post about your experiences but I was wondering if you might want to share some stuff with us now, leading up the the grand finale. Cheers.

tbh, right now most of what i feel like sharing would have to be censored :p

i'm just going to try to worry about getting there at this point. i'll be making a post as this concludes to try to round things out without being too long-winded. what sort of snippets of information did you have in mind? feel free to ask things, i am an open book!

Crystal Blue

Crystal Blue

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tbh, right now most of what i feel like sharing would have to be censored :p

i'm just going to try to worry about getting there at this point. i'll be making a post as this concludes to try to round things out without being too long-winded. what sort of snippets of information did you have in mind? i am an open book!

I hear you man, getting this thing done is obv top of your list right now. Snippets of info, I don't know really, I was thinking maybe along the lines of what's been going through your head for the last 4 weeks. Kind of "The mindset of a prop bet situation" in your own words.

Like you say though, time enough for that when the deal is done. I just wanted to add though, I think what you have done/doing is way out there and deserves a huge amount of respect and applause as I'm sure many others will agree. Keep it real.

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i appreciate it CB :) (from one CB to another)

i'll try to give as much insight as i can for the finale. i've kept the updates kind of short on the words up until now because i didn't want it to become something dull that nobody would bother reading, and thought the graphs and hands would be more appealing. but it's been a wild month so i'll give it a big finish and just hope it's something people will want to read

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
combuboom, you are proved worthy and able to be classed in same class as those mentioned in the OP wether you fail or not imo.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Switch... any chance we can d/l him a trojan.... or sabotage his isp?

Seriously get this done combu, well done m8. Let me know where to send the moniez!

<note to self, don't listen to anymore of combu's prop bet sad stories proposal's :p>

Crystal Blue

Crystal Blue

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Switch... any chance we can d/l him a trojan.... or sabotage his isp?

Seriously get this done combu, well done m8. Let me know where to send the moniez!

<note to self, don't listen to anymore of combu's prop bet sad stories proposal's :p>

You all got played imo :D

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
combuboom, you are proved worthy and able to be classed in same class as those mentioned in the OP wether you fail or not imo.

YES im mentioned op, congrats combu, you can now be measured against me :)

Oh and please don't try and hustle us with the i have school every day and i have a social life crap. You clearly have 24 hours free every day :(

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dammit, i'm not there yet!

you guys are just trying to jinx me so my computer explodes at 49k. i'll address the money once i reach it and post the final graph

back to the grind!

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the first bright spot of the day! you can see why i checked. i don't know what goes through these people's minds. i seem to do best when they get the money in drawing dead :)

Full Tilt, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
Hand History Converter by Stoxpoker

BTN: $202 (101 bb)
Hero (SB): $200.60 (100.3 bb)
BB: $42.70 (21.4 bb)
UTG: $190.10 (95.1 bb)
MP: $124.90 (62.5 bb)
CO: $132.40 (66.2 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is SB with 6
heart.gif
spade.gif

UTG folds, MP calls $2, 2 folds, Hero completes, BB checks

Flop: ($6) 7
diamond.gif
club.gif
spade.gif
(3 players)
Hero bets $3.60, BB folds, MP calls $3.60

Turn: ($13.20) 4
spade.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, MP bets $12, Hero raises to $42, MP raises to $119.30 and is all-in, Hero calls $77.30

River: ($251.80) 7
club.gif
(2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results: $251.80 pot ($3.00 rake)
MP showed K
club.gif
Q
spade.gif
(a pair of Sevens) and lost (-$124.90 net)
Hero showed 6
heart.gif
spade.gif
(a straight, Four to Eight) and won $248.80 ($123.90 net)

still a ways to go...

The Shrog

The Shrog

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BTN: $202 (101 bb)
Hero (SB): $200.60 (100.3 bb)
BB: $42.70 (21.4 bb)
UTG: $190.10 (95.1 bb)
MP: $124.90 (62.5 bb)
CO: $132.40 (66.2 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is SB with 6
heart.gif
spade.gif

UTG folds, MP calls $2, 2 folds, Hero completes, BB checks

Flop: ($6) 7
diamond.gif
club.gif
spade.gif
(3 players)
Hero bets $3.60, BB folds, MP calls $3.60

Turn: ($13.20) 4
spade.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, MP bets $12, Hero raises to $42, MP raises to $119.30 and is all-in, Hero calls $77.30

River: ($251.80) 7
club.gif
(2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results: $251.80 pot ($3.00 rake)
MP showed K
club.gif
Q
spade.gif
(a pair of Sevens) and lost (-$124.90 net)
Hero showed 6
heart.gif
spade.gif
(a straight, Four to Eight) and won $248.80 ($123.90 net)

I hope villain realizes how well he played that hand...free money for combu!!

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
internet just disconnected while i had KK in the BB :(

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts