Chips
And for what? For a little bit of money.... Well, I just don't understand it

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am sorry for your loss, not only monetary loss but time and mental strain and stress of dealing with something like this. I hope he does the right thing in the end and pays you back.

I have had some small interactions with PokerNuts01 he seemed like a descent dude and he is a really good player on the felt so I understand why you staked him.

I guess there is a lesson here for all of us no matter how descent someone seems they may still rob you if given the right opportunity.

I have considered staking persons here as a way to give back to the community I did a small one recently and it went well. But after reading your experience as well as Trent post the other day I have reservations about it now.

Just a side note I played with PokerNuts01 up to yesterday on the Pokerstars Pokerschool Masters League, he is a regular on that game. He 3 outed me for a pile of chips that I am still salty about (hope he is reading).

In the end what you have lost monetary will come back to you with more. The poker gods will smile on you and you will win a big tourney soon. Always remember God is a Trini.
Hey Mate,

Thanks for the comment, in terms of staking I would say dont quite give up on it yet, I've done quite a lot of staking in my time as a poker player (maybe 150-200 players over the last 8 years on various types of deals) and I've only been scammed in a handful of occasions (for <1% of all money invested). In the end most people are good and tend to work for you very well but you will get the odd waste once in a while.

I always found staking to be a lot more rewarding than my own actual play, to share in someones success is by far more enjoyable than going at it alone :)

And yea, God is a Trini for sure so i always got that going for me :D

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The decision to remove this individual from the forum is definitely warranted, but what stops him from using a fake ID to have a fake profile and scam someone else?
Are there safeguards incorporated in CardsChat signup procedures against bogus signups?

Cardschat does have quite a few safeguards to deal with this. Mainly verification and IP checks. The information one has to register to get a stake covers quite a few basis.

Plus additionally, if you notice not everyone is granted a stake, if you look at the type of posters who have gone up for stakes they are usually here for a reasonable time and have some standing on the forum. While someone will can pretend for a while to scam again its usually very noticeable and avoidable.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He owes me money as well. Sent me some begging personal messages in early Feb and I transferred to him on Stars on the basis he was a loyaler.Same sort of excuses made. Although he has had 'his brother' send me 50% of what was owed. I probaby wont see the rest now then.

This is really disheartening and I feel somewhat responsible for not posting earlier to help avoid these things.

From a few PMs I received it seems like this guy may have been asking for money from quite a few people privately. I think with this in mind I might make a thread privately just to see what the real effect of this was.

Again sorry for your loss.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm new here. It's a disgusting story. The man is engaged in fraud! Are you "Marginal" is Jeremy Pantin?!! (I saw it in your profile). Wow. You took 3rd place in the tournament, "party poker MILLIONS LIVE Dusk Till Dawn". https://uk.pokernews.com/tours/partypoker-live/2017-partypoker-millions-dusk-till-dawn/main-event/ . It's amazing! This AAcoskeAA is jealous of your victory and he decided to steal some money from you. Disgusting dude. Maybe his conscience will Wake up after the public shame and he will give you back the money. I do not know. I wish you further victories and stay away from such types as AAcoskeAA.
Yea that was me :)

Unfortunately I dont think his scam had anything to do with it just being me as I'm starting to realise that he has done this to a few people and is just evident of him being a POS.

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You know I still don't think this was intentional from the start. He clearly is just a chaotic individual who doesn't plan well and is out of funds. He came to me clearly out of funds on Stars and looking for a small stake to try and run something up.I think he is good enough of a player that he expected to cash and hasn't and now can't pay anyone back.
Not condoning the length of time he has taken to pay back Marg which is clearly unacceptable and needed calling out.
He needs to tell it as it is and stop the bull sh if he has any sense of decency. Whatever...he needs to realise his reputation is shot.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You know I still don't think this was intentional from the start. He clearly is just a chaotic individual who doesn't plan well and is out of funds. He came to me clearly out of funds on Stars and looking for a small stake to try and run something up.I think he is good enough of a player that he expected to cash and hasn't and now can't pay anyone back.
Not condoning the length of time he has taken to pay back Marg which is clearly unacceptable and needed calling out.
He needs to tell it as it is and stop the bull sh if he has any sense of decency. Whatever...he needs to realise his reputation is shot.
Yea he had some very decent results which were also what enticed me to stake as well. Its not often you see players with results that suggest the stake will be instantly profitable. I dont want to speculate on what type of person he is because as has become clear there is a lot out there that suggests he really wasnt that good a guy to start with. It is what is though, we all live and learn :)

Him responding in this thread feels very rare at this point. I am not sure what sort of rebuttal he can really have other than to tug at heartstrings.

BlackMamba

BlackMamba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't mention it, im just a regular guy who got lucky a few times :)
I also want to become an ordinary girl in poker, which is also lucky as you. :) Or a little bit more.:p:D

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sad to hear this
At the time I was also paying attention to the stake & was curious about what happened to it.
And I also remember him playing the WCOOP as well.
Not the higher limits but I specifically remember him running some lower stakes, even one where we both ran quite deep in the money (A $11 or a $16.50 6max game as I remember)

If you can check out his threads I'm pretty sure you can find a couple of rail threads he made for them as well. (most likely in brags,beats section)

While it's very sad to hear & we sympathise the ones who got scammed I hope everyone would not just put a permanent label on him because we are all human and we do mistakes.

I know it has take a lot of time & patience till it came up to this situation but the best solution for this is to get it solved somehow. Not to seal the deal & pass the judgement.
Hopefully involved people could get this solved out somehow.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Agreed we shouldnt judge but admittedly even if he paid at this point I think he would find it very hard for anyone to ever send him any more money. In life and in poker, all you have is your word and your reputation, the moment you soil that there really is no easy way to go back.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
I wonder how many loyalers and others that he tried. It was only $5.50 he asked me for a month ago.

Scumbags will be scumbags.

Sorry to hear Margie.

80483c4f5ec2af5602e62b2a68d95b62.png

It seems like he has an issue with American members, probably because like me they cannot transfer on Stars.

699c4d8e30d0badfe7d1e4b728e4c68d.png

Last edited:
M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Jeez this guy got around. I think we need to make sure to continue to report those PMs even if it is from a loyaler. Its strange he would do that in private since we have a public mechanism for it.

GODZZ

GODZZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow ,I can't believe there was no attempt to pay anything back at all . You must have the patience of monk.
glgl

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will just say a few things.The same guy couldnt return me 5$ i transfered when I needed them for a month, however it wasnt about the money, it was about his lies and is 5$ so hard to transfer back? WTF? I even posted that in several theards and I prob. got laughed at "5 bucks? haha" ... Nobody listened probabbly.
We then stopped our communication on facebook and on forum, I wanted to show what he was like but nobody listened, altough some loyalers knew exactly what and how he was.
After a while I requested a stake request and he bought 50% of the stake if I remember correct (now this is the point I am dissapointed at myself) I accepted his part of the stake. At that time I tought oh well he made up for those 5$, maybe he really just couldnt transfer, I dont know why but maybe he wasnt lying.. I was never so wrong I guess. That was the last time I made a staking request.. I dont want to deal with such people anymore, all the congrats to most of other stakers tho... really great players and people. This made me quit the poker staking part for a loong time, maybe even forever...

Afterall Coske is a solid player by my opinnion so its a big shame he is such a person.

What disapoints me the most, next to some other members knowing the situation, and even loyalers.... The person got promoted to loyaler before 90% of people who deserved it most and who have been active for longer time than him. What kind of image does this give to the forum? I wont even comment that. I can just say I am a bit dissapointed, and as you can see partly because of that I am not really active on the forums anymore. Also I got promoted to loyaler aswell, in the worst time, when I wasnt exactly active for a month, mostly no posts or anything. I must admit I dont exactly understeand this forum anymore.. You can spit on my opinion and words but deep down you know I am somewhat right.

Cheers,
Patrik

Him becoming a loyaler when he shouldn't have is 100% on you and everyone else whom he owed money to and those who knew he owed money to others - because we knew nothing about it.

He would have never become a loyaler if we had known about it. You can't expect us to use information in our decision making that we don't have. As soon as I saw this thread I removed his loyaler, FRC and 25+ password accesses.

At a minimum at least Tammy and I should be notified of anything like this when it happens.

We are not fond of scammers and history should show that. Unless he makes right with everyone very soon he will be permanently banned from CardsChat.

onondaga

onondaga

Ukraine
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Enough to make one wrong move to destroy reputation which was built for years! Sorry to hear this Marg, sorry this happen on our forum. Now we know how much his "trust me" costs.

cr0thund3r

cr0thund3r

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont really want to speculate the names but there are people who have known about this. Also there is a member who cheated on PS tourneys long time ago but he is still member of the forum, I really dont want to argue about it, but just saying that what you wrote is not exactly true, you and other mods might be defending your position, but if there is something I dont stand its cheating in any way.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont really want to speculate the names but there are people who have known about this. Also there is a member who cheated on PS tourneys long time ago but he is still member of the forum, I really dont want to argue about it, but just saying that what you wrote is not exactly true, you and other mods might be defending your position, but if there is something I dont stand its cheating in any way.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that Tammy and I did not know about this.

"People who have know about this" means nothing - nobody who matters knew about it when he became a loyaler - so what I said was 100% accurate.

I have no clue what you are talking about with the cheating either - I suggest you send me information and stop making claims like this in a public forum. I really don't appreciate it.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can’t emphasise enough here, as soon as you know something about someone who is abusing the forum you have to report it. It saves everyone

If it’s kept private nothing can be done.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can’t emphasise enough here, as soon as you know something about someone who is abusing the forum you have to report it. It saves everyone

If it’s kept private nothing can be done.

This is the point I am trying to make - thanks for doing it in fewer words lol.

If you guys don't report things to us - you can not assume we know about it.

There are over 1200 posts a day made in this forum and we do not see them all. Nor do loyalers share everything they hear about members with us. :)

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
I never sent him anything so I didn't have the need to say anything, If I had know he was asking multiple members then I may have done something different.

I directed him to the mechanism in place and left it at that.

:(

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Even if you don’t send it’s worth notifying, as you noted there is a mechanism for it so anything not in that mechanism has to be treated as suspicious

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Even if you don’t send it’s worth notifying, as you noted there is a mechanism for it so anything not in that mechanism has to be treated as suspicious

I agree, the number of loyalers has risen quite a bit and it's getting harder to know whether all are trustworthy or not, especially if they don't regularly communicate in the other place.

:(

Last edited:
M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea it’s somewhat of a good thing I guess that we are still growing as forum Just we need a few more precautions.

Although this is a rare occurrence for sure