Does poker cause insomnia?

DanyDGD

DanyDGD

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should limit your poker game. Otherwise, you will have to be treated later.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have the same problem, but it helps me that I am an owl and I sleep in the morning, I also have my own business, and I can get to work at any time. I have no insomnia, but I changed my daily routine and time to sleep.
It is difficult, but for me it is necessary if you want to achieve results in poker.
If you play as a hobby, try choosing a time to play, but not at bedtime.
Take care of health, treatment is long and expensive. No victory in the game is worth your health.

smknginmaine

smknginmaine

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only when played late at night :)

1k95

1k95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If your day passes without physical exertion, it is very difficult to fall asleep.

12345djon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are too overworked in the game, try to play less and walk before bedtime or take a few days off from poker and get distracted.

FernA9ndo

FernA9ndo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It can cause insomnia, yes, but you need to know the you to stop playing in the right times.

EVA777

EVA777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've noticed that poker has caused me insomnia, I do not know if it's stress or anxiety when I'm playing, and in you poker causes me to change.

The desire to participate in each CC freeroll is stronger than the desire to sleep! In Russia, these tournaments begin late in the evening (at 1 am) and end in the morning! What sleep?:boring:

A

Aca0012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on how much time it enters into poker. You do not have to be too tied to poker and experience it so seriously. Play relaxing and everything will come to your own. Find some kind of border that will be good for you, do not play too late in the night of the tournament, but it's some time before. Or make a smaller break, and then return again. Still, health is the first place. Greeting!

monstr999999

monstr999999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One of the days do not play poker... have sex before bed... and everything will pass)))
:knuddel:

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If the problem occurs only after playing poker, i think stress. Earn some stress-relieving activity, which most disables, such as reading a book.

ROman77

ROman77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've noticed that poker has caused me insomnia, I do not know if it's stress or anxiety when I'm playing, and in you poker causes me to change.
I, too ,so long as the account has money I'm worried.(
Anxiety and a desire to raise the bankroll..we need to fight this ,because of this brain activity is reduced, in this state we do not play our best game.

kddy

kddy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
code filtering

If this guy is in the CC community he should be banned, it's from argentina is the only thing that
46964724_2347694431972486_3093288656929030144_n.jpg

Reload

Reload

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's not a good signal, you should face the poker like something to have fun, and if possible, reaching some goals. But insomnia is totally not a goal, and for me that's a kind of tilt, tilting in bed with stress because of poker. When you disconnect, your normal life comes back, that's all.
Try some music or sounds to help the sleep and empty your brain of cards.

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it could easily.

1) You are sitting on a computer at night. This is known to keep people awake.
2) You are doing something where your brain is very active all the time (hopefully ;-P) so you are not unwinding before bed
3) All the other possible side effects such as adrenaline from action hands etc could also promote this.

So yes I think this is easily a possibility, not to mention think of some of the long runs you may have at night playing an 8 hour tournament where your affecting your body clock.

A

andrewallenschutter

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think it causes insomnia but it definitely can be a rush. An addiction. That might make you want to stay up and keep playing.

M

Matteobvb83

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I started playing poker for about two months and I can not go to sleep until four in the morning! This situation can not go on and on for a lot and I think it's actually caused by the game of poker

UnTalTales

UnTalTales

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi jfofla.

Insomnia caused me poker.
I'm not joking.
It is exactly what happened.

What caused my insomnia was my ex-wife.
I'm joking.
She is one of the best things that have happened to me in life.

Please, take care my dear jfofla. Insomnia can ruin a life, físicaly and mentally.

I do not think that the origin of the insomnia is poker, but an underlying condition, like the ones you mention. Anxiety, stress, anguish ... Playing poker is an attempt to escape from these types of conditions, to get distracted from them, but the same game generates anxiety, nervousness, anger ...I think you have to take it carefully and seriously, and ask for help. I made the mistake of not stopping it in time, which left me with physical consequences.

Hugs.

W

west28

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes after some really bad beats, I am able to sleep at night and when I do I still wake up in the middle of the night!

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ya but because i tend to stay up all night playing online, and still try n catch my early live tournaments. :saint:

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello there!
Sometimes it happens that after playing poker I have insomnia. Usually this happens when I make a mistake and this does not allow me to calm down. So I concluded that the mistakes in poker harm my health. :D

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Banking management

This post is a thought of mine, I think it's worth putting into written words to remember constantly.
The best way to control my bankroll at the moment is to stop playing for money, and keep the mental control on the desire to want to play buyn above the tolerance limit.

G

Gambit123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All games do , if you play near bed time

B

BetterCaIISaul

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts